Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing the cat lady. Great game so far, really engaging. It's simultaneously twisted and poignant. Only half way through but i've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. Only $10 on GOG.

Been playing a lot of GTA V. Much better than 4 and really surprised at how much I've liked it. I've mainly just been powering through the story so I won't be scared to get on the internet and it definitely has some length. I'll play through again and take my time and do everything there is to offer.

Minor
The only complaints so far is Franklin is somewhat lacking in the personality department, especially compared to Michael and Trevor. I also would like to punch the lazy ass developer who could not be bothered to make different character models for the barber shops. No racism here, but, am I really supposed to believe that there is a single black girl(probably an exaggeration but I have only seen whites and Hispanics in this area) in stereotypical "white trailer trash redneck" city, or Alabama rather who serves as the barber?! And it occurs in other shops too. Laziness.

Uh, I wouldn't really call out Rockstar for laziness. Considering the amount of hand made detail in this game, an issue you describe is really minor.

New Deus Ex announced.

A whole Universe, actually, that will include graphic novels, books, mobile games and so on.

Director's Cut of HR will be out on October 22nd (25th for PAL region).

And sweet sweet concept art:

I am excited :)

gregski said:
Uh, I wouldn't really call out Rockstar for laziness. Considering the amount of hand made detail in this game, an issue you describe is really minor.

I'm not calling the whole of Rockstar lazy. It is only minor, but it could have been done.

Dona said:
New Deus Ex announced.

A whole Universe, actually, that will include graphic novels, books, mobile games and so on.

I am excited :)

I mentioned it already on the CP2077 forum - I'm getting an MMO vibe out of this.

gregski said:
I mentioned it already on the CP2077 forum - I'm getting an MMO vibe out of this.

I don't have this vibe at all and I don't know why you have it. Maybe because word "universe" that is often used in MMO titles. But I'm worrying that you will have to play mobile games to see whole plot, see every intrigue and stuff like that.

Dona said:
New Deus Ex announced.

And sweet sweet concept art:

I am excited :)/>/>
That's wonderful!

Dona said:
I'm getting an MMO vibe out of this.
That's terrible!

Deus Ex "universe" has a bad sound for me, too...

Dona said:
New Deus Ex announced.

There is only info that there will be Deus Ex games in the future, but that was kinda obvious. I was so excited when I saw "New Deus Ex announced" and then I did read actual news. Now I'm sad.

Uh, there's a piece of concept art (which is more than we got for the Thi4f announcement) and confirmation that the game is already in development.

Kodaemon said:
Uh, there's a piece of concept art (which is more than we got for the Thi4f announcement) and confirmation that the game is already in development.

Yeah, somehow I missed one paragraph where they are saying that game is already in development. My bad!

I'm ready for a Deus Ex game with actually good animations and graphics.

Hopefully character customization and better AI. The gameplay has so many possibilities but the shitty AI makes it waay too easy.

Enjoying Company of Heroes a lot. Only problem is that you can't pause or save missions and there are no waypoint autosaves, which doesn't really suit my time constraints. I've just resigned myself to playing a mission several times over until I can get it done in a short space of time. It's absorbing enough that I don't mind.

Veleda said:
Enjoying Company of Heroes a lot. Only problem is that you can't pause or save missions and there are no waypoint autosaves, which doesn't really suit my time constraints. I've just resigned myself to playing a mission several times over until I can get it done in a short space of time. It's absorbing enough that I don't mind.

Are you talking about Company of Heroes 2? Because in the first one you can actually pause and save halfway through a mission.

Soul Reaver - beaten. Or can you call it that, regarding the MASSIVE cliff-hanger ending? ;)
Of course I already started soul reaver 2. For a game over 10 years old it looks and feels really well. Only the saving system is a lot worse compared to the first SR (your progress can only be saved at quite rare saving points, in SR you could save your progress everywhere, everytime).

My last 3 games, i normally play RPGs but trying other games sometimes

Fatal frame 4 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero:_Tsukihami_no_Kamen
Not as good as the other games of this serie. Still good but way too easy.

Black : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%28video_game%29
Im not a FPS fan but this was really nice and challenging.

Dark souls : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Souls
Hardest game i played i think, really liked it. Controls sucks on PC tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom