Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

So we are back let's not get this one closed

lets keep it About the framerate problems and how it worked out for you in this new patch 1,07

Tell us you're story

i will start off by saying i cannot talk about the 1,07 patch yet since im from denmark and they did not release it in my contry yet.

but from my understanding it did not do much to the performance on the ps4.

So we are back let's not get this one closed

lets keep it About the framerate problems and how it worked out for you in this new patch 1,07

Tell us you're story

i will start off by saying i cannot talk about the 1,07 patch yet since im from denmark and they did not release it in my contry yet.

but from my understanding it did not do much to the performance on the ps4.

yet? so you want to install the patch? WHY?

yet? so you want to install the patch? WHY?

well it does have bug fixes it has a new movement system a place where you can store you're items so on that front it's a pretty good patch

just to my understanding the performance is still horrible but i need to see for myself first.

I think we need to remember in this thread what is the principal problem here, lies in CDPR communication :

Well, these videos are the proof, CDPR can't fix frame rate issue, so waiting is pointless.
They even made Xbox One performance the same as PS4 in the bog area (20 FPS)... it's a shame.
7GB of useless fixes, because game still runs like crap
(bug fixes are always welcomed but not for a stuttering/freezing game).
I'm going to sell this piece of crap, no more money from me or my friends CDPR, bye.

PS4 patch 1.05 vs 1.07:

PS4 1.07 vs Xbox One 1.07:

[video=youtube;-oNdvGcJ-vc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNdvGcJ-vc[/video]

Last edited:
I was thinking about buying this game (finally) this fall when reading about performance issues fixes. Well at this point maybe it will be sorted out around GOTY edition but as of now my money will most likely go to some other title. I just don't understand why they can't drop resolution to let's say 900p on PS4 I'm pretty sure that should give it a steady 30fps right ?

Has anyone tried to start a new game and then test the frame rate? This patch introduced a lot gameplay mechanics, it could be that it's causing bugs with older save files. You don't need to delete the previous saves, but just start the new game. Anyone tried it?

Durch den Artikel zum Patch 1.07 von Eurogamer zeige ich mal mit ein paar Bildern wie sich das Spiel auf der PS4/XO verschlechtert hat.

Habe hier auch noch mal ein Auschnitt aus dem Changelog vom Patch 1.07 wo ja von deutlichen Verbesserungen die Rede ist!

--etliche Verbesserungen am Streamig des Spiels (Ladezeiten wurde verringert, aufploppende NPCs sind seltener usw.) - am meisten sollte dies Konsolenspielern und Spielern ohne SSD auffallen
--Performance in den Sümpfen von Velen verbessert
--Nebel beeinträchtigt die Performance nun deutlich weniger
--optimierte Effekte welche für bessere Performance bei der Schlacht um Kaer Morhen sorgen sollen
--generelle Spiele-Performance verbessert

Fangen wir mit dem Texturestreamingproblem auf der PS4 an hier gut zu sehen.

Interessant ist das mit dem Patch 1.05 das Texturestreaming nicht optimal ist aber es ist immerhin noch besser als mit dem Patch 1.07.
Dazu kommt auch noch ein Problem mit dem Laden von Gegenständen und Objekten.

Jetzt kommt noch die schlechtere Performance nach dem Patch obwohl es grafisch keine Verbesserung gab nicht in den Texturen/LOD oder gezeigten Objekten.

Mit dem Patch 1.07 wird bei der XO ein Double-Puffering für die V-Sync genutzt davor Trible-Puffering was heutzutage eigentlich Standart ist wodurch es im Sumpfgebiet zur Verschlechterung der Fps um bis zu 10 Fps kommen kann!

Das sich durch einen Patch die Performance verbessern kann zeigt der Sprung vom Patch 1.03 zum Patch 1.04 auf der XO mit einer Analyse von Gamersyde gut zu sehen die Frametimes unten so gleichmäßiger diese sind umso flüssiger das Bild.

Dagegen tut sich bei der PS4 Version zwischen Patch 1.03 und Patch 1.04 im Sumpfgebiet so gut wie garnichts von den Frames diese liegen bei 20 Fps.

Hier ist auch noch mal eine Erklärung von Double-Puffering zu Trible-Puffering bei V-Sync wo für mich die Vorteile des Trible-Puffering überwiegen!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelpufferung

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreifachpufferung

Link zum Artikel von Eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-patch-107

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mpClSPyhk

Sorry just had to lol

Yep, it isn't fixed. Not even close.
This "studio" is officially a bunch of conniving, thieving clowns in my book that can rot in Hell.
This product is an absolutele worthless piece of programming. a godamn joke. Will trade the fking thing in tomorrow, and wont ever buy from you guys again.
Again, rot in slow death in Hell you fking dogs, and choke on the all that stolen money you fking scumbag thieves.

epic! :D framerate topic 3.0, here we come!

I waited months for CD Projekt to fix fps in Witcher and I guess it was for nothing. NPC are still vanishing in Novigrad and I had to use meditation for them to show up. I missed 3 quests because of that. Textures load even longer now and they're blurry. Nice job. I've had enough. I decided to just trade my copy of witcher for GTA V. I prefer to play GTA Online with my friends, than this piece of garbage with 20 fps.

Maybe I'll buy it again some day. When or IF everything will be fixed. At least game will be cheap in the future.

Yes because GTA Online doesn't dip to < 25 fps at all and is a feast of technical perfection where you don't spend most of the time staring at loading screens. Not in the slightest bit at all, no.

Yes because GTA Online doesn't dip to < 25 fps at all and is a feast of technical perfection where you don't spend most of the time staring at loading screens. Not in the slightest bit at all, no.

Please, GTA V compared to Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of polishing. Last week I was at my friend's place and we were playing GTA Online for few hours. Game has technical flaws, sure, but which doesn't have them these days? Even with loading screens and fps drops is runs hella better than Witcher >.>'
I understand it's hard to make a game to run smooth on our ps4's hardware, but Witcher is just a joke. And defending it with " it's an open world with beautiful graphics " is nothing. BB in my opinion looks better, it has open world and runs better. It also has fps drops during combat and some exploration, but not so many as Witcher.
Can't wait to see how new Metal Gear will work.

The game engine needs some optimization that's not a myth it's a fact. But yes the game is fantastic when the low fps and other bugs don't ruin the atmosphere.

SHAME ON YOU, CDPR
I bought your game on the highest Russian exchange rate. And what do I get ? Lie to my face about patches, 20 fps in the swamp. Thank you very much, brothers-slavs.

Yeah it was more a comment on the general state of games these days. I went through so much shit with GTAo when it eventually launched (much delayed) that it ruined my enjoyment. Last time I checked connection times were worse than ever even.

Don't get me wrong this whole situation is shit, no doubt. But some people are overreacting as if CDPr personally offended them or pissed on their couch or something.

Also if you trade it in now and buy it again later on your essentially buying it twice. As CDPr I'd have no issues with that, lol.

Yeah it was more a comment on the general state of games these days. I went through so much shit with GTAo when it eventually launched (much delayed) that it ruined my enjoyment. Last time I checked connection times were worse than ever even.

Don't get me wrong this whole situation is shit, no doubt. But some people are overreacting as if CDPr personally offended them or pissed on their couch or something.

Also if you trade it in now and buy it again later on your essentially buying it twice. As CDPr I'd have no issues with that, lol.

What about digital copies? I can't even trade this shit. Waste of money.

Top Bottom