Please Give Us a New Gameplay Trailer!

+
If there is one, it would be useful to show what was left out of the "Bang! Bang!" last Demo: What Melee gameplay looks like, pushing the limits of the roleplay possibility (not just showing one possible responses), RPG mechanics (like stat effects) closup, and so on.

This is precisely why they didn't want to give gameplay yet. :p You give people an inch, and they want a mile. We already got 48 minutes!

....buuuuuut... With that said, I would 100% be down for more gameplay, preferably showing off the "Blade Runner Vibes" they keep promising.

Yes, yes, we know the game will be Cyberpunk, not CyberBladeRunner. But the game will have night time, righT? The game will have noire elements, right (at least, if interviews are to be believed), even if they are not 80% of the game?

But I'm not in a rush. We have seen a nice chunk of the game. I hope to see more that focuses on how stats affect gameplay, and other, non-combat related activities, though.

or give us pre alpha access!

That will 100% not happen.

New #5
This is precisely why they didn't want to give gameplay yet. :p You give people an inch, and they want a mile. We already got 48 minutes!

Oh to walk a mile in Night City right now!

I'm probably a weirdo, but after 1-hour demonstration I have no interest in seeing more videos. It was just enough and it feels like if they show more the game won't have any surprises. It's like with the new RE2 remake. They demonstrated so much already that it feels like I saw the entire game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super-grateful they showed us the demo. But it was enough.

Keive

Forum regular
I actually want to see some of the random stuff the game has to offer other than missions. Like how in GTA they got racing, golfing, hunting, etc.
It be cool to just get to do things like that, just for a change of pace.

If they do, it has to be substantially different...it really makes no sense to release male demo, would only disappoint the audience.

- Night life, different area of the city
- interactions with npcs, less emphasis on violence
- Showcase of different skills, other types of weapons, stealth, netrunning

I actually want to see some of the random stuff the game has to offer other than missions. Like how in GTA they got racing, golfing, hunting, etc.
It be cool to just get to do things like that, just for a change of pace.

See, the great thing about ( designing video game based on ) 2020, is they already have that without having to come up with entirely separate mechanics for something like mini games ( to add more variety to gameplay).

- Full on noire mode through media role, you're hired by some small news agency as investigator, heavy focus on inspection skill and environmental storytelling ( in quest design), Intelligence Stat prominent

- Rock'n'roll urban fable questline, you become a frontman for young band, life in Night City's clubs, gameplay revolving around dialogue skills and personal style

- Mad Max-like story out in the wastes for nomads, heavy emphasis on driving ( skill) and vehicles, Tech stat used ( for frequent repairs), story about bonding with, protecting family, unity, etc

- If you have a good rep, you're hired "off the record" as a cop, series of quests where you get to decide between right or wrong, while holding a gun at someone, emphasis on moral judgment in shitty circumstances, Cool stat

I'd love to see the various choices and options or approaches that they claim to have to missions, do it on the same stuff as they showed in the first demo - that way there wouldn't be any real story spoilers.

I think some mini-reveal could also work. Just show another mission, maybe even something smaller. Or show faction-interactions. Or maybe just some things you can do in the world aside from missions, while showing another part of Night City.

Maybe show different factions you can work for or with. I still pray V can join MAX-TAC in some way or form or work very closely with them and gain perks and gear.

I think some mini-reveal could also work. Just show another mission, maybe even something smaller. Or show faction-interactions. Or maybe just some things you can do in the world aside from missions, while showing another part of Night City.

Maybe show different factions you can work for or with. I still pray V can join MAX-TAC in some way or form or work very closely with them and gain perks and gear.
I don't think anybody thinks that's a bad idea, just that it would be tough to implement and is thus unlikely. I'm 100% for ultimate player freedom. If the game let us join literally any faction, and it had dedicated storylines for each, and it was a "true" PnP-to-video game translation (probably impossible to do with current tech, sadly), Id' be all for it!

Most of us were just telling you to keep your expectations in check, not that the idea sucked.

Personally, I'd love to work as a member of the Trauma Team. That'd be totally badass.

Hopefully the next proper demonstration will be of the game that is really close to the final version.

I don't think anybody thinks that's a bad idea, just that it would be tough to implement and is thus unlikely. I'm 100% for ultimate player freedom. If the game let us join literally any faction, and it had dedicated storylines for each, and it was a "true" PnP-to-video game translation (probably impossible to do with current tech, sadly), Id' be all for it!

Most of us were just telling you to keep your expectations in check, not that the idea sucked.

Personally, I'd love to work as a member of the Trauma Team. That'd be totally badass.

I'm not specially expecting or hoping to be able to join any faction, the dev statements so far are clear about it. Although from a consumer or preference perspective, yes, I would like that. But I accept it's different.

Still, I see room for compromises and am specifically encouraging the "Fallout New Vegas approach" in terms for factions. There the player could also not formally join the big factions, but work closely with (or against) them. However, the player could formally join smaller groups and "side factions" and be considered a member with perks n' benefits.

More precise: V becoming an average cop might not fit with the narrative approach or require too much work to branch out and implement. But V joining MAX-TAC specifically (which seems to be a special case) might actually fit without having to notably adjust Vs cyberpunky personality or goals.

To quote a part of the Wiki article from MAX-TAC:
They walk like us, talk like us. MAX-TAC are just criminals with a badge
— Anonymous Punk, Protect & Serve

If it's like a misfits / cannonfodder / daredevil squad due to the high risk involved, with potential membership being specific to that unit and perhaps in another capacity ("reservist", "honorary member", "licensed contractor", whatever) you avoid the faction dilemma well and remain somewhat independent with V. Doesn't mean you have to write parking tickets or deal with drunks like you would have to as a (official) beat cop or so.

To avoid this being or becoming off-topic, to draw the line back to the thread:

...and therefore it would be nice to eventually see this in a potential new gameplay release. Something working with (or in) MAX-TAC or wider sense for NCPD, which could serve as radiant mission giver or opportunity, as one of the things you can do in the city next to any main plot or other activities. Would also earn you some money per mission.

PS, shameless ad: If anyone wants to chime in on the MAX-TAC idea or any NCPD related content, there's a thread for that at: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...de-content-thoughts-and-discussions.10981127/

Actually, the only upside I see at forcing the player to play a Solo (roleplay wise) is that they can fit any kind of mercenary job, including working with a faction.

Top Bottom