Please make Gwent Cards purchasable from merchants.

+
You probably forget that this game is no Call of Duty and takes tons of hours to finish.Some side missions become available once you get to the right level.So you are saying that we should play the game at least 100 hours and then finish and then play it for another 100 hours to get a couple of missable cards?

No thanks.

Well then to bad no trophy for you. It was your fault in missing the collectible that you had every bit of a fair chance to get the same as it's your fault you won't get the card or trophy because you don't want to put in the extra effort to make up for it.

If there was some glitch or bug preventing you from obtaining it than sure it would need a fix or a workaround, but there wasn't. You were simply negligent and missed your opportunity.

You know there is a reason people write and they sell game guides. Maybe next time you will have the foresight to get one this way you can be sure not to miss out on anything

Last edited:
Well then to bad no trophy for you. It was your fault in missing the collectible that you had every bit of a fair chance to get the same as it's your fault you won't get the card or trophy because you don't want to put in the extra effort to make up for it.

If there was some glitch or bug preventing you from obtaining it than sure it would need a fix or a workaround, but there wasn't. You were simply negligent and missed your opportunity.

You know there is a reason people write and they sell game guides. Maybe next time you will have the foresight to get one this way you can be sure not to miss out on anything

How did we have a fair chance?

Did the quest tracker for "Collect them all" jump up on screen and say "QUEST FAILED" like all the other quests do when you miss something?

Is there a library of cards in the game to show you which cards haven't been collected and which have?

Does the game say "Before you talk to anyone else in the whole entire exploration game, be sure to talk to the innkeeps first and buy cards off them because talking to anyone else in the village will trigger a story event that will mean you cannot buy the cards ever again?"

Because I wasn't aware that open world exploration games were supposed to be dictated by linear gameplay.

Last edited:
How did we have a fair chance?

Did the quest tracker for "Collect them all" jump up on screen and say "QUEST FAILED" like all the other quests do when you miss something?

Is there a library of cards in the game to show you which cards haven't been collected and which have?

Does the game say "Before you talk to anyone else in the whole entire exploration game, be sure to talk to the innkeeps first and buy cards off them because talking to anyone else in the village will trigger a story event that will mean you cannot buy the cards ever again?"

Because I wasn't aware that open world exploration games were supposed to be dictated by linear gameplay.

So you think it's unfair that the game doesn't hold your hand and guide you to every single collectible? lol

It's fair because you had every chance to find and obtain it. Nothing prevented you from doing so. You simply moved on without taking the time to full search and missed it. Nothing unfair about it. If you wanted your hand to be held and guided you had the option to basically cheat and look up the information in a guide. You failed to do that either and missed your chance. There was no bug, no glitch, nothing at all that prevented you from getting the card other than you simply missing it by choice and losing your chance. Nothing unfair or unreasonable about it.

Last edited:
I know most of the people love playing Gwent,but for those who do not like at all,it is disrespectful.

I know most of the people love playing The Witcher 3, but for those who don’t like it at all, CD Projekt is just being disrespectful.

I have been waiting for this game for a long long time and now I learn I can't platinum it.

So you want to 100% a game (why I don’t know) without actually 100%ing it. This totally makes sense.

But making some of Gwent Cards missable in the story and making it mandatory for all players to get the platinum ? That is what I'm against of.

If you are against choices and consequences, then I don’t see how you got through the game in the first place.

So you think it's unfair that the game doesn't hold your hand and guide you to every single collectible? lol

It's fair because you had every chance to find and obtain it. Nothing prevented you from doing so. You simply moved on without taking the time to full search and missed it. Nothing unfair about it. If you wanted your hand to be held and guided you had the option to basically cheat and look up the information in a guide. You failed to do that either and missed your chance. There was no bug, no glitch, nothing at all that prevented you from getting the card other than you simply missing it by choice and losing your chance. Nothing unfair or unreasonable about it.

Dude are you kidding ? All we want is at least a chance to go back and restart a mission.This game is too long to start over for a card and if you call this a challange then obviously you like torturing yourself , because there is a thin line between challenging and torturing yourself. We play games to have fun and we want to collect trophies as we do it.

Like I said,if this was Call of Duty I could start over for a trophy I missed by mistake but doing it for a game like is...well...

So what your saying is that basically all the quest trackers should be turned off? Because you had your hand held through the entire game if that's the case.

So all those other quests that have trackers that actually TRACK progress work as intended but instead you want people to go back and restart the game and play in an EXACT linear path with a guide and ignore any open world exploration and only talk to specific NPC in certain linear fashion?

I know CD Projekt Red wants us to try their Gwent but putting a couple of mandatory trophies about Gwent is nonsense.

I want to platinum this game but I missed couple of missable gwent card players throughout the story and I am not into playing Gwent at all.I know most of the people love playing Gwent,but for those who do not like at all,it is disrespectful.

I have been waiting for this game for a long long time and now I learn I can't platinum it.Please make all these cards available to purchase from certain merchants so we don't have to worry about playing Gwent.

Thanks.

well you hosed. Just start over

So what your saying is that basically all the quest trackers should be turned off? Because you had your hand held through the entire game if that's the case.

So all those other quests that have trackers that actually TRACK progress work as intended but instead you want people to go back and restart the game and play in an EXACT linear path with a guide and ignore any open world exploration and only talk to specific NPC in certain linear fashion?

I'm not even sure what to make of this nonsense so at this point I'll just point, laugh and move on

Dude are you kidding ? All we want is at least a chance to go back and restart a mission.This game is too long to start over for a card and if you call this a challange then obviously you like torturing yourself , because there is a thin line between challenging and torturing yourself. We play games to have fun and we want to collect trophies as we do it.

Like I said,if this was Call of Duty I could start over for a trophy I missed by mistake but doing it for a game like is...well...

You have a chance to go back and restart it to get the completely arbitrary card you missed because of your own choices so you can earn the arbitrary trophy. It's called starting a new game. Them's the breaks

Last edited:
I'm not even sure what to make of this nonsense so at this point I'll just point, laugh and move on

It's probably because you're in kindergarden and had you hand held through the whole game because you used all your Quest Trackers to Track Quests?

Last edited:
I know most of the people love playing The Witcher 3, but for those who don’t like it at all, CD Projekt is just being disrespectful.

So playing The Witcher 3 with its outstanding story and playing a card game is the same thing for you.Okay.

So you want to 100% a game (why I don’t know) without actually 100%ing it. This totally makes sense.

Making a game's trophies 100% is different than making a game's progress 100%.You can look it up.

If you are against choices and consequences, then I don’t see how you got through the game in the first place.

?????

Yet my Gwent deck is complete... lol

*sigh* I missed one that I know of and still don't have two Foltest cards. Ah well, either I will manage to find them as I continue with this run through, or I will get them the next time I play.

At least I have something left to do in the game so replay is added value lol

Yet my Gwent deck is complete... lol

One need only look at your forum history to see you have used exploits through the whole game...

I'm glad this makes you qualified to throw your 2cents in with people who can actually play the game without hack assistance.

*sigh* I missed one that I know of and still don't have two Foltest cards. Ah well, either I will manage to find them as I continue with this run through, or I will get them the next time I play.

At least I have something left to do in the game so replay is added value lol

The most pain in the ass part is ones from the no-name non-quest merchants. What I did was always make sure I kept replaying them until I beat them before I moved on so I could tell which vendor I had gotten a card from or not by if the option to play them is grayed out or not. It helps a lot in keeping track

The main complaints in this thread seem to involve several subjects:

• 1. Some people are upset at the fact that they are required to play gwent in order to 100% their game
  • 2. Some people feel like they shouldn't be required to play gwent due to it being a "tacked on mini-game" and request that all of the cards be able to be purchased from vendors
  • 3. Some people are upset at the fact that gwent cards are easily missable which requires them to start a new game or reload a save worth tens of hours of content
  • 4. Some people view that missable gwent cards are okay because "no one 100% completes the game on their first run through" and view it as an added challenge

So let me address my opinion on each one:

• 1. I understand why you feel upset because gwent can be an extremely hard game if you don't know what you're doing, don't have a good deck, or don't have a good strategy. Also, gwent is extremely luck based by the hand that you get, but this can be supplemented with spy cards to allow you to potentially draw better cards and a better ratio of unit cards to special cards to hero cards. However, the random number generator can still screw you over in these situations as well. I think that this is where a lot of people are having trouble. Many people also just don't like card games and bought the Witcher 3 in order to play an RPG that allows them to run around and hunt monsters - not to be the next Yugi Muto to try to claim the title as the next King of Games. However, CD Projekt Red put a lot of time and effort into making this card game, so you probably won't be able to skirt around that to 100% your game.
  • 2. I do not agree with this. You should still be required to play the NPCs in order to gain the cards to complete the collection. That's what makes it a challenge. For the first ten to twenty hours of my 100+ hour run through, my deck was terrible, but I stopped at every inn keeper and fought every person that played gwent along the way to build it up into what it is now. It was rewarding when I finally saw my hard work pay off when I was able to take it to the Novigrad tournament and beat everyone. Despite that, I still haven't been able to collect all the cards, and I'm still searching for them. I don't feel like someone should be able to just buy them all since that would ruin the whole point of collecting the cards and earning the trophy the right way. I'm sorry if you don't like gwent, but it looks like you're going to have to learn to like it if you want that trophy.
  • 3. This I can share empathy with. I missed the tournament at the masquerade ball because I didn't have a good deck that was able to beat them. Now, after completing the game and becoming the new gwent master of Novigrad, I still can't collect all the cards because I didn't complete that one tournament. I figured that I would find the NPCs in the city later on, but it wasn't until about ten or so hours later into the game that I discovered on reddit that they were, in fact, missable. I just couldn't make myself reload ten hours, and I know some people would have had to have reloaded twenty, thirty, forty, or even more hours that they played beyond that. I don't find that fair. Some people consider it a good thing since it makes the trophy more challenging to get, but I don't like being forced to replay the game from the beginning, level all they way up to fifteen, and go do the quest again. Not only have I lost all my cards and my good deck from the previous save, but now I have to go around and collect all of the cards that I had before again - a task that took ten hours to do. It's a very easy fix: just add in the NPCs in Novigrad and make another quest similar to "Battling Inn Keepers" where you go around to each one and try to beat them. Simple, easy, fixed. CD Projekt Red fixed the missable cards from the inn keeper in White Orchard, so it's safe to say that they hold similar sentiments.
  • 4. Reread my rebuttal on number three. It answers this one as well.

The main complaints in this thread seem to involve several subjects:

• 1. Some people are upset at the fact that they are required to play gwent in order to 100% their game
  • 2. Some people feel like they shouldn't be required to play gwent due to it being a "tacked on mini-game" and request that all of the cards be able to be purchased from vendors
  • 3. Some people are upset at the fact that gwent cards are easily missable which requires them to start a new game or reload a save worth tens of hours of content
  • 4. Some people view that missable gwent cards are okay because "no one 100% completes the game on their first run through" and view it as an added challenge

So let me address my opinion on each one:

• 1. I understand why you feel upset because gwent can be an extremely hard game if you don't know what you're doing, don't have a good deck, or don't have a good strategy. Also, gwent is extremely luck based by the hand that you get, but this can be supplemented with spy cards to allow you to potentially draw better cards and a better ratio of unit cards to special cards to hero cards. However, the random number generator can still screw you over in these situations as well. I think that this is where a lot of people are having trouble. Many people also just don't like card games and bought the Witcher 3 in order to play an RPG that allows them to run around and hunt monsters - not to be the next Yugi Muto to try to claim the title as the next King of Games. However, CD Projekt Red put a lot of time and effort into making this card game, so you probably won't be able to skirt around that to 100% your game.
  • 2. I do not agree with this. You should still be required to play the NPCs in order to gain the cards to complete the collection. That's what makes it a challenge. For the first ten to twenty hours of my 100+ hour run through, my deck was terrible, but I stopped at every inn keeper and fought every person that played gwent along the way to build it up into what it is now. It was rewarding when I finally saw my hard work pay off when I was able to take it to the Novigrad tournament and beat everyone. Despite that, I still haven't been able to collect all the cards, and I'm still searching for them. I don't feel like someone should be able to just buy them all since that would ruin the whole point of collecting the cards and earning the trophy the right way. I'm sorry if you don't like gwent, but it looks like you're going to have to learn to like it if you want that trophy.
  • 3. This I can share empathy with. I missed the tournament at the masquerade ball because I didn't have a good deck that was able to beat them. Now, after completing the game and becoming the new gwent master of Novigrad, I still can't collect all the cards because I didn't complete that one tournament. I figured that I would find the NPCs in the city later on, but it wasn't until about ten or so hours later into the game that I discovered on reddit that they were, in fact, missable. I just couldn't make myself reload ten hours, and I know some people would have had to have reloaded twenty, thirty, forty, or even more hours that they played beyond that. I don't find that fair. Some people consider it a good thing since it makes the trophy more challenging to get, but I don't like being forced to replay the game from the beginning, level all they way up to fifteen, and go do the quest again. Not only have I lost all my cards and my good deck from the previous save, but now I have to go around and collect all of the cards that I had before again - a task that took ten hours to do. It's a very easy fix: just add in the NPCs in Novigrad and make another quest similar to "Battling Inn Keepers" where you go around to each one and try to beat them. Simple, easy, fixed. CD Projekt Red fixed the missable cards from the inn keeper in White Orchard, so it's safe to say that they hold similar sentiments.
  • 4. Reread my rebuttal on number three. It answers this one as well.

I feel your pain. I also missed at least one card as I have said from the inn at in White Orchard. No, I cannot get that card anywhere else yet. It has only been fixed for PC players so far and I am on console.

As for another quest in case you mess up... I don't think a losers round to win the same thing as the winners got quite fits the bill. You win, you win, you lose, you don't also win.

I understand your frustration but look on the brightside, when you replay it, you are going to make absolutely certain you have a decent deck when you go to that party next ;)

@Ravici I simply don't see why people should be forced to replay the game to get those cards. CD Projekt Red fixed the inn keeper, so that players could get those cards without having to play their game all over again. Why make them do it for the party tournament? Don't quite see the connection. It just seems like unnecessary frustration, to be honest.

@Ravici I simply don't see why people should be forced to replay the game to get those cards. CD Projekt Red fixed the inn keeper, so that players could get those cards without having to play their game all over again. Why make them do it for the party tournament? Don't quite see the connection. It just seems like unnecessary frustration, to be honest.

I was actually going to completely rewrite my response (but got stuck with the damned bugged
dragon quest

What I was going to say instead was how do you reconcile the differences between your own point 2 and point 3?

And on the innkeeper... totally different scenario. That was something you could do at any time until the innkeeper did a runner after you pissed everyone off. That wasn't in the middle of a section of story, it was completely available free roam for a lot of hours play time.

Last edited:
I didn't want to play Gwent straight away, there were a lot more things I wanted to do but after I was done I learned that I can't obtain one card because it was available only during certain mission. I should be able to get after main story. It's not that big of a deal because I'm playing the game again but still, I'm not a big fan of limited time offers, especially with collectables.

Top Bottom