[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
Also red dead could have a better SP if not for MP so really that doesn't say anything even

And where's your proof on that other than your own poor feelings? SP and MP were solid components in RDR, same with GTA 5, yeah they coiuld given more love to SP 5 but ROCKSTAR went with giving the love to Online.
Here's another hint for ya, CDPR isn't Rockstar, they're a completely different company.

And where's your proof on that other than your own poor feelings? SP and MP were solid components in RDR, same with GTA 5, yeah they coiuld given more love to SP 5 but ROCKSTAR went with giving the love to Online.
Here's another hint for ya, CDPR isn't Rockstar, they're a completely different company.
LMAO that's what I literally said that this is a different case because it's CDPR. And I have no proof that's why I said "could have been" implying "maybe" because some of development time was spent on MP that's no secret. Anyway, enough of this, let's all stop before it escalates and the mods close the thread.

I just can't undestand why people is affraid of Multiplayer features, Devs say this game will be SP, COOP will be optional IMO.

I have seen too many game franchises where the multiplayer either was tacked on so hideously that it was an insult, sucked up all development to the point the single player became a joke, pay-to-win, or stopped being optional and started being a form of DRM.

So, I do have some concerns, and do understand those who have been burned in the past and don't want it. And it's not that CDPR can't do it so much as there are so many of their contemporaries who unwittingly exist as good arguments as to why they shouldn't.

Basically, if you get enough bad apples, eventually you'll want the tree chopped down rather than hoping this apple is the exception.

I have oceans of games with multiplayer. Sick of it. Please,CDPR,NO multiplayer! !

Just AMAZING,FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE single player. Thanks !!!

You don't have to play multiplayer just because it's there.

Let those that want it play it, and those that don't ignore it. Yes the SP side of things should be CDPR's first priorty, but if they can do both, why not?

Nothing against folks who are multiplayer fans, but multiplayer for me in a game like this, would be something I would never even click on to try - in a game like this I personally would consider it a waste of development time. Just focus on the gameplay, single player campaign / story, fixing bugs, and then ideally if the game is successful, instead of wasting time on multiplayer, use that development time to develop some great DLC similar to Hearts of Stone / Blood & Wine from Witcher 3, or start working on the next Witcher game (pretty please :))

My thoughts,exactly!!

As you said the only thing that matters is objective facts, and the primary objective fact is that resources are finite, you can allocate those however you like, but you cannot give 2 different things 100% of your resources. Maybe it is worth splitting those resources, but if you had put 100% into one thing that one thing will be greater than the version where you gave it less than 100%.

What do you not understand when CDPR say they are focusing on single player ?
A few years back, nobody was expecting CDPR to be this talented in 3rd person games. Now, they're at the top of the hill.
A few weeks back, nobody was expecting the game to be in 1st person perspective. Should we trust even though we've never seen any footage of 1st person gameplay ? Yes.
Now, we learn that they're exploring the possibilities of multiplayer. Should we trust them or not ? I would still say yes.

Your scepticism makes no sense since you have no point of comparison.
This studio has set the bar high on a field where nobody expected them to be. You make it sound like putting R&D to work on multiplayer is a waste.
Don't you think they're professional enough to know if this use of human ressources would be negative to their primary objective ?

There is management for that, a board that decides of where ressources should be allowed and where.
Sure, everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Sadly, that's how the world ended up with Donald Trump.

(btw, you can't be mad at poeple for telling you that you're objectively wrong, it will always sound superior to you)

Last edited:
I would prefer that they focus on an expansion after CP2077 is released, instead of wasting time with multiplayer. I never play multiplayer games, because they do absolutely nothing for me.

Guys, there are gazillions of capable MP games out there, don't drag CP2077 into this swamp...

I couldn't possibly agree more with the above. We have a ocean of multiplayer games,keep Cyberpunk 2007 out of it.

. We have a ocean of multiplayer games,keep Cyberpunk 2007 out of it.

There may be an ocean of multiplayer games out there but none of them are based on Cyberpunk 2020 or are Cyberpunk.
While you single-player game players have far many more cyberpunkian games to play.
And just because you don't like multiplayer does not make your opinion fact, I like multiplayer, mainly co-op and I want and believe that CDPR should make a solid co-op mode for 2077.

I feel like I've had this exact same argument before...with the exact same selfish, self-centered lines.

If multiplayer is ever implemented in this game, I'd prefer something completely optional. Two players can run into each and do completely optional side quests together.

There may be an ocean of multiplayer games out there but none of them are based on Cyberpunk 2020 or are Cyberpunk.
While you single-player game players have far many more cyberpunkian games to play.
And just because you don't like multiplayer does not make your opinion fact, I like multiplayer, mainly co-op and I want and believe that CDPR should make a solid co-op mode for 2077.

I feel like I've had this exact same argument before...with the exact same selfish, self-centered lines.
Did he say his opinion is fact?? He just started his opinion as you did yours why does your opinion have more value? And what does it mean "self-centred" lines? He states how he wants this game to be of course it's self-centered lol.You feel like you've made the exact same argument because you say the exact same thing to anyone that has a different opinion than yours.Calm down,you're obsessed and you're behaving like a child. In the end CDPR will do what THEY want for their game which means much more to them than it means to us so wait and see.You're the only one in this thread acting like this.

What do you not understand when CDPR say they are focusing on single player ?
A few years back, nobody was expecting CDPR to be this talented in 3rd person games. Now, they're at the top of the hill.
A few weeks back, nobody was expecting the game to be in 1st person perspective. Should we trust even though we've never seen any footage of 1st person gameplay ? Yes.
Now, we learn that they're exploring the possibilities of multiplayer. Should we trust them or not ? I would still say yes.

Your scepticism makes no sense since you have no point of comparison.
This studio has set the bar high on a field where nobody expected them to be. You make it sound like putting R&D to work on multiplayer is a waste.
Don't you think they're professional enough to know if this use of human ressources would be negative to their primary objective ?

There is management for that, a board that decides of where ressources should be allowed and where.
Sure, everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Sadly, that's how the world ended up with Donald Trump.

(btw, you can't be mad at poeple for telling you that you're objectively wrong, it will always sound superior to you)

First off, my posts have included multiple spots where I absolutely give it the credit that the end result of this may be great, and may be greater than if they had just focused on single player. Again, I am NOT making any assumptions about the quality of the end product.

My argument is centered on your summary. You present your opinion, which is based on assumption and anecdote, as "objective fact," while being condescending towards other considerations.

Them focusing on single player, while putting resources to multiplayer, may result in a better end product, I am not against them doing so, I am simply against the blinders you put on while chanting the mantra that there is no way that it will possibly impact the single player game. That is not how any product design works, especially software. Even the most basic multiplayer implementations are complex affairs, and unless they want to have a major refactor later on they will have to base general development decisions on not closing the door to multiplayer. For example, with the potential of multiplayer you can pretty much abandon the hope of significant mods, they never said we would get them, so we don't lose anything right? Additionally, every dollar and development hour they spend on multiplayer could have been spent on single player, which is the way they described their game in their early mentions. It might be better that they spend it on multiplayer, but it could just as easily be extra content for single player.

It is functionally impossible for the single player game to not be affected, that effect may seem positive, neutral, or negative, but still affect the game. You saying this is "objectively wrong" based on nothing but your desire for multiplayer doesn't make it true. I'm out though, consider these points or not idc, I've already spent too much time arguing with someone who thinks assumption and optimism is "objective truth."

Last edited:
The multiplayer could very well be a completely separate mode or even product from the single player campaign, and possibly also developed by a different team of people hired specifically to work on multiplayer. Also, the argument that "I do not want X in the game because I do not care about it and it takes resources away from Y" does not always work, it could be that the extra revenue expected from X exceeds the cost of implementing it, so more can be spent on the entire game. Similarly to how (according to CDPR) supporting the consoles allowed The Witcher 3 to be overall more ambitious than if the game was made PC exclusive, even if it required more resources and development compromises.

Did he say his opinion is fact?? He just started his opinion as you did yours why does your opinion have more value?

It's the two of you and many others over the past 5 years that will sit here in these threads and act just like that. I don't think my opinion has more value, that is you and the other guy who come in here and make your statements of "I don't like multiplayer so CDPR should not have multiplayer in it at all"

You feel like you've made the exact same argument because you say the exact same thing to anyone that has a different opinion than yours.Calm down,you're obsessed and you're behaving like a child

Well of course I know I've had this argument before with people who come in and demand CDPR not have multiplayer of any type just because they don't like multiplayer like you and the other guy are doing now. You don't like it and you're telling CDPR that they shouldn't have it because you don't like it. You are the one obsessed with not wanting multiplayer, I'm here to voice the opposite and ask for multiplayer...though I personally would prefer it be Co-Op and no arena shooting.

In the end CDPR will do what THEY want for their game which means much more to them than it means to us so wait and see.You're the only one in this thread acting like this.

Of course CDPR is going to do what they want, all game devs do what they want, but the next line just doesn't cut it as I've been a fan of Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk as long the guys at CDPR have, so this game is very important to both of us as we have both been playing the Cyberpunk table top RPG since it came out.

The way I see it is you're acting like only your opinion matters here and that only you matter. I'm here defending the chance of multiplayer options because I want to see multiplayer options in Cyberpunk.

This game is based off a tabletop multiplayer game, not having multiplayer especially Co-operative multiplayer wouldn't sit right with me and many other people, those of us that Grew Up playing this game. The only piece you have to give is that you don't like multiplayer so it shouldn't exist, that is not an argument, so come back with a better argument than "I don't like it".

The multiplayer could very well be a completely separate mode or even product from the single player campaign,

This has been an idea for multiplayer running around, a separate mode that's given the same amount of love as the single player. One that is just as solid and expertly crafted.

Also, the argument that "I do not want X in the game because I do not care about it and it takes resources away from Y" does not always work

I hate this excuse, to me it's saying that the person doesn't have faith in the game dev and that they are oh so poor. Cyberpunk 2077 has a 500 man team or more and a big ton of money put behind it. I have faith that CDPR can not only deliver on a solid single player experience but that can deliver an excellent multiplayer experience that will fit Cyberpunk 2077.

It's the two of you and many others over the past 5 years that will sit here in these threads and act just like that. I don't think my opinion has more value, that is you and the other guy who come in here and make your statements of "I don't like multiplayer so CDPR should not have multiplayer in it at all"

Well of course I know I've had this argument before with people who come in and demand CDPR not have multiplayer of any type just because they don't like multiplayer like you and the other guy are doing now. You don't like it and you're telling CDPR that they shouldn't have it because you don't like it. You are the one obsessed with not wanting multiplayer, I'm here to voice the opposite and ask for multiplayer...though I personally would prefer it be Co-Op and no arena shooting.

Of course CDPR is going to do what they want, all game devs do what they want, but the next line just doesn't cut it as I've been a fan of Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk as long the guys at CDPR have, so this game is very important to both of us as we have both been playing the Cyberpunk table top RPG since it came out.

The way I see it is you're acting like only your opinion matters here and that only you matter. I'm here defending the chance of multiplayer options because I want to see multiplayer options in Cyberpunk.

This game is based off a tabletop multiplayer game, not having multiplayer especially Co-operative multiplayer wouldn't sit right with me and many other people, those of us that Grew Up playing this game. The only piece you have to give is that you don't like multiplayer so it shouldn't exist, that is not an argument, so come back with a better argument than "I don't like it".
What?? When did I demand anything?! I literally said let them do what they want!! Who are you talking about? You want a solid SP and MP right? Since we KNOW that right now their only focus is single player and that's what's going to be at launch, why can't we wait and see how that is and how that plays to THEN discuss MP instead of arguing with each other this early on, that's all I'm saying.Is that unreasonable? We all want (even you)an awesome SP (at launch)! Every single one of us so why are we arguing.(and I'm not saying that there HAS to be just SP and I'm not demanding anything let them try what they want after launch.)Honestly, the only thing that started this (and I don't agree with) is that people are worried that resources will be taken from SP. Guys it's CDPR ! Plus, they have reassured us that we should expect no less than W3 and that this is more ambitious so why are you worried?! Let's stop now we all agree for the most part!

I really like how CDPR treat their fans. Now we clearly don't need multiplayer in this game. So guess what.. multiplayer is practically confirmed. Good job CPRED KUTGW!

Last edited by a moderator:
From a number of the responses I'm seeing here - it seems a lot of folks seem to think multiplayer automatically means being forced to deal with others mucking up their gameplay - when in fact it can simply mean having the option to play a game mode or around the game world, with friends. That is the kind of multiplayer/coop I want. I don't want to deal with random players and I don't want to deal with griefing asshats.

I'd love to see a private game/server setup with coop play - that is completely separate from the single player experience. Something like GTA Online - only NO pvp shenanigans. Just be able to group up with some friends, level up characters and run jobs around the city and such.

Considering 2020 was very much a party based game/system - it only seems right to have some form of coop.

Last edited:
From a number of the responses I'm seeing here - it seems a lot of folks seem to think multiplayer automatically means being forced to deal with others mucking up their gameplay - when in fact it can simply mean having the option to play a game mode or around the game world, with friends. That is the kind of multiplayer/coop I want. I don't want to deal with random players and I don't want to deal with griefing asshats.

I'd love to see a private game/server setup with coop play - that is completely separate from the single player experience. Something like GTA Online - only NO pvp shenanigans. Just be able to group up with some friends, level up characters and run jobs around the city and such.

Considering 2020 was very much a party based game/system - it only seems right to have some form of coop.

The only game I can think of that did optional multiplayer like that is Diablo 2. It should be quite telling about how successful the attempt was that the immediate thing Blizzard did in every game after that which featured multiplayer was avoid that like a Nurgle-blessed plague.

Yes, it takes place in Night City, the main City of Cyberpunk 2020. No, it does not take inspiration from Cyberpunk 2020 as it's a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020 in the form of a video game/computer game. And I will stand by my opinion that it is unthinkable to one-man army Night City. Also, 29 people picking the first two options in the poll does not constitute a majority. Whereas 27 posters have picked options stating their opinion is for a type of multiplayer. Also lets take into account the few possible hundreds of people on the Cyberpunk 2077 Discord that don't even know that there is an official forum for this game. Then there's the issue of some grants that CDPR received and stipulations in them.

Be warned, I will continue to advocate for Co-Op in Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't see some sort of multiplayer, if done correctly, being bad. This game for me will be a CyberPunk DnD video game. That being said, DnD is played with others. It be cool to walk around night city with a friend on a seperate save playing through it together.

Top Bottom