Potions/Oils not refilling

+
Potions/Oils not refilling

Hi, I went a few pages in and couldn't find a thread about this.

I'm on my 2nd play through of Blood and Wine and when I meditate my potions/oils/bombs and such are not refilling.

I had 2 mods installed: triss blue eyes and triss dlc hair. I removed both and tried again, still nothing. I tried a verify/repair and it still isn't working. :(

So, in case it hasn't been reported, I'm reporting it :) And in case it's in the works of being fixed I'd like to get a shout out so I can just put my play through on pause until it's repaired. I've had no other problems thus far in this play through or in my first one.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I wanted to add that I'm playing on PC in case that might make a difference.

Last edited:
I'm on my 2nd play through of Blood and Wine and when I meditate my potions/oils/bombs and such are not refilling.

So you can meditate but without refills? Do you have strong alcohol in your inventory? Like Dwarven Spirit for example.

Yes, I have tons of alcohols. I made sure to check when it didn't refill after meditating.

I'm kind of at a loss, because it didn't happen during my first play through of Blood and Wine and I'm wondering if the latest patch caused a bug with it?

Yes, I have tons of alcohols. I made sure to check when it didn't refill after meditating.

I'm kind of at a loss, because it didn't happen during my first play through of Blood and Wine and I'm wondering if the latest patch caused a bug with it?

Do you have any saves before the patch? Or what is your oldest save, can you refill there? Have you tried to restart game?

Maybe you should contact REDs support if anyone else can't help. I'm out of advises :(

I have had weird bugs too in my current game. Some of those seems to be the sort that if you make a save with that bug, it stays in your game "forever". So if you see something weird, always try to reload first and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for your help @Sunsibar!

I did load multiple saves for this play through and in all cases potions, etc. would not refill.

I loaded up 3 saves from my first play through of Blood and Wine and in that play through they DO refill. It would appear that the problem is confined to my current play through :( I will probably send a report to support and see if they have any suggestions. My guess is though that I will have to try and finish this play through and refill potions/oils/bombs manually, one at a time. Not something I'm looking forward to, but it is what it is I guess :(

Thank you again for trying to assist me!

Thank you @cyberpunkforever!

I did check ingredients and they were present. I went and purchased more strong alcohol at the inn just in case and they still wouldn't refill. It only works if I make them manually one at a time.

ETA: I had 366 dwarven spirits/21 alcoholist/5 white gull. I also had some mandrake cordial/cherry cordial and whatever that niflgaardian stuff too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom