[PROLOGUE] help with the Frightener

+
[PROLOGUE] help with the Frightener

Title says it all really, I can't seem to work this out.I know the bells have something to do with it...but activating the two cauldrons with Aard sign and ringing the bell seem to have no effect.I also don't seem to be able to hurt it in a fight. Where as it can almost one shot me with a knockdown.Can't seem to find a thread on this (I must be a little slower or lazier than most) and would appreciate some tips.Thankyou kindly....

you have to keep running between the bell and the steel cauldrons...When you activated the sound,you can attcak the frightener...Don't forget to keep activating the sound of the bell and the cauldronsEDIT/First use the bell and only then the cauldrons

OlderBudweiser said:
you have to keep running between the bell and the steel cauldrons...When you activated the sound,you can attcak the frightener...Don't forget to keep activating the sound of the bell and the cauldronsEDIT/First use the bell and only then the cauldrons
I found the other way round worked better for me... here is a rough txt map and the order I did it.| (c)=cauldron | (b)=Bell | (F)=Frightner | O=The center thingy | (c)2nd O (F)

IIRC I never needed to actually attack the Frightener myself... activating the bells and keeping running from the Frightener was enough. Every time the Frightener got near, I got hit really hard, so I kept running from it until my Endurance was back to start another run on the bells.

Well, I think my order got thrown off during the fight, so it wasn't always bell>cauldron>cauldron, but it did work.Thanks for the tips everybody!

It's easy, the frightener must be KO to you to inflict damage. just keep running in circles and you have to literally hit the two cauldrons and bell, they must ring the three at the same time because it's the only way to the monster get stunned, no special sequences required for that 8)

I was so dumb in that fight cause it took me forever to see the bell, and couldn't understand why the two cauldrons weren't giving me the auditory smackdown i was hoping for. I only found the bell cause it was mentioned in the quest journal, this after dying 2 times.

Is it my imagination or is the Tutorial about ten times longer than it needs to be? Waiting for the Monster to die was one of the most tedious moments I've ever experienced in a game. Did I do something wrong? Old Ronin

OldRonin said:
Is it my imagination or is the Tutorial about ten times longer than it needs to be? Waiting for the Monster to die was one of the most tedious moments I've ever experienced in a game. Did I do something wrong? Old Ronin
Waiting for it to die?Uh, you know you could have killed it yourself, right?

Don't see a Prologue as only a tutorial. It's a runup to the real story, how the witcher's secrets get stolen. For the waiting part; like stated above, you probably did something wrong! You either go after the sorcerer that controls the freightener or kill the frightener itself. In the fight against the frightener, its your task to cast Aard at the pots to make a loud noise to which the frightener becomes more vulnerable to your attacks. Don't just wait around for the witcher to do it!

Hello all.i am having trouble killing the frightener. I understand that i must activate the bell and the 2 cauldrons....but when i try to click on them it's hit or miss. Is there a cooldown? How exactly do you activate the bell and cauldrons? Clicking on them only works half the time.Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you have to get closer before you click on them? There is no cooldown time... Also remember that you have to use Aard on the two big cauldrons.

How exactly do you use the aard??Do I have to click on the aurd then the caudron each time?Or is only one click required to keep the aard activiated??

All bells and cauldrons must be sounding off at the same time. This will stun the beast, and then you'll have a couple of seconds to attack it with your sword (use the strong style). When the beast regains its orientation, sound the bells again; rinse and repeat...

Planewalker said:
All bells and cauldrons must be sounding off at the same time. This will stun the beast, and then you'll have a couple of seconds to attack it with your sword (use the strong style). When the beast regains its orientation, sound the bells again; rinse and repeat...
Ah ok! I am keep that in mind for the next tme I encounter The Frightener, I chose to fight the mage instead when I couldn't beat The Frightener the first time. BTW the way, just noticed your avy! Are you a fan of Baldur's Gate 2?

Top Bottom