PS4 Pro - Too much fan noise after 1.50 patch

+
DrumPunisher;n9723851 said:
The problems with 1.50 are not exklusive to the ps4 pro. I experience the same deterioration in performance on the original ps4. Especially in Novigrad: Worse framerate and fan spins up after a few seconds.

As others have already stated, this patch is ruining this fantastic game!
​​​​​

Yes, I confirm, like I said in my own thread, this patch worse framerate and introduce heavy stutters and even frame drops, especially in Novigrad.

I will try that too, and report back.

I own also an PS4 pro.

Guys, i can't tell.

Yes the fan works but not all the time, but only at instances.

But i guess that was the same and before that patch, NOT?

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Good news: CDPR are looking into addressing the issues that patch 1.50/1.51 brought upon us all!

After a few back-and-forth messaged with Grzegorz, he messaged me this back:

''Hello,

We are aware of the issues some users have been experiencing following the PS4 Pro Patch and we are looking into addressing them.

Regards,
Grzegorz
On 22 October 2017 at 22:59,''

Scrancher;n9723101 said:
SigilFey http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-patch-crashes Is this confirmation that the many issues with patch 1.50 will be fixed?

I can confirm that CDPR is looking into the issues. I assume that many will be fixed. I am 100% certain that there will always be issues that remain, because real life does not cooperate fully. Ever. It's Rule Number 3 (after Death and Taxes).

@all

While I know that this issue has left a lot of people feeling like someone just kicked their birthday cake across the room then shaved their dog while it was lapping up the mess...the reality is that it's not as simple as just "fixing the problem, already". Firstly, I believe it's still unclear why this is happening for some players. Please understand, this does NOT occur for all players; for the majority, the game performs just fine, and the fans work normally. Tracking down the cause of the issue (discovering what's different between one player's situation and the next) can be really difficult. It could be some weird situation with certain player's save-state...it might be some specific firmware / hardware on certain PS4 models...it might be a specific combo of software that doesn't exist on all PS4s... (I have no idea -- I'm simply highlighting any troubleshooting situation.)

That's why being able to re-create the issue is so important. But there is an unbelievable number of variables. Getting it to happen randomly can be an immense challenge. But getting it to happen reliably every, single time I try is what's needed to be able to say: "Aha! This is what's needed to fix it!"

And it's usually at that point that someone else says: "Nope. I can't get it to happen like that on my end."

Back to square 1. So, please be patient while the devs do their thing. Also remember that rendering at 2K / 4K resolutions is a challenge in-and-of itself -- it's a brand new set of techniques that's still relatively untested. Unexplored ground, here. And it seems there are mines in the area. And some weird, shaved dog with frosting all over its mouth.

Last edited:
The games certainly forces the fans to work much, much louder - I bet it hits all PS4Pro owners but not PS4 (the don't benefit from the game optimisation). Probably the PS4Pro is using all its hardware now(?) the question is whether it is properly optimised - not like e.g. World of Tanks stressing your CPU but running on one core. It also started to crash - mine twice so far but before patch the game was rock stable. Personally I'd like to have option to switch-off ale the 'Pro patch' features as I don't have 4k TV but I prefer to have smoother gameplay (fps is also worse now).

Problem solved, sort of...
Ps4Pro and standard HD smart tv, no 4K.
I deactivated everything, boost supersampling HDCP, set resolution at 720p and deactivated postprocessing in game options.
Basically I'm playing on a Ps3, but it works like a charm, no more crazy fan.
Give it a try!

I bought the game yesterday and noticed this problem.
I reduces the noise by turning off the HDR and setting RGB Range to Limited on the PS4 system. Apparently it also slightly improved fps stability.
Like @peccalo said, who has a 1080p TV could also set the resolution to 1080p and disable the supersampling on the PS4 system, this could help!
I need to say, I'm disappointed with the experience on PS4, I didn't expect to have problems with a game that has been available on consoles for some time.

Top Bottom