Question regarding grinding

+
Question regarding grinding

How necessary is it to grind? I am playing the game on easy, as I am more interested in the plot / storyline in RPGs. Plus I want to finish the two Witcher games before May 17, while not missing out on any story elements / side quests.
I am currently about to start Chapter 3, and am level 23. This involved quite a bit of grinding from the previous chapters, that I would like to avoid if possible. What is the ideal level I should be at for each chapter, given I am playing Easy level?

Call it a rose coloured opinion, but I did every side quest I could, and didn't grind on a harder difficulty. There were some sticking points where I was livid with a particular foe, but overall I enjoyed it. Make sure you have time to fully explore TW2, as it can easily clock you 50 hours if you know what you're doing.

The first Witcher doesn't require grinding (especially on Easy), and the second game gives little reward for it. In both games, quest XP dominates, and grinding is mostly useful for finishing a level before embarking on a new quest or finishing a chapter. And if you do grind, grind early. Monster XP goes down sharply with increasing level.

And if you do grind, grind early. Monster XP goes down sharply with increasing level.

Strictly monster XP goes down sharply once you are "over-levelled". Fighting strong monsters still gives you full benefits (at high risks) even late in the game... which will then taper off as you exceed the threshold level. Weak monsters will taper off earlier in the game.

Top Bottom