Raptr Q&A

+

Agent_Blue

MM360 said:
We're going live with it tomorrow:)

LINK to our FB

LEAVE your questions here:)

Just drop your questions and we will be answering them tomorrow - see you guys there:)

Ahhh....

Good.

Can I Kindly suggest you guys focus on unanswered questions?
Because it's already been established the world is 35 times bigger than TW2's...

:D

MM360 said:
We're going live with it tomorrow:)

LINK to our FB

LEAVE your questions here:)

Just drop your questions and we will be answering them tomorrow - see you guys there:)

doesn't like the link...my 6 questions are up there and many people are 'liking' them:

1. When is the expected release date?
2. The 'open world' experience, there is still a linear quest involved but many a side mission?
3. How is the game shaping up on PS4, as all other games never made it to PS platforms?
4. Do we learn more the 'Wild Hunt' history and Geralt's part in the last one where he lost his memory?
5. How do you personally feel about the gameplay/graphics on the next gen consoles and is it still on PC?
6. Any plans for a future Witcher game?
Thanks

it was 6 for the Q&A as there would be a lot of others asking so I am got a reply fro AGA and got the press link and will email you questions in November...got the press assets too, pity I missed u at EG Expo 2013 but my 16 year old son was bashing MY EAR AND DID NOT WANT TO BE THERE, NOT LIKE LAST YEAR, HE LOVED IT, BUT THIS TIME HE WANTS TO GO OUT WITH HIS 'FRIENDS' IS MORE IMPORTANT....oops sorry the caps lock.............

Regards

Raptr is just a software client for tracking your games, sharing with friends and stuff like that. Useful if you want to track non-steam games. And they have occasional giveaways and stuff like that.

blackgriffin said:
how many Q will you answer and will you give us any new info becides your responses?

Can't give you the exact number but we will try to answer as many as we can. Will have some devs on-hand as well:)

I am having problems, the page does nothing, ask questions, refresh, nothing....I don't know how this works.....oh well....

blackgriffin said:
so where can we see the written part..... do we just scan the posts for replies from CDPR?

Well, you can press Ctrl + F on the page in question and type "cdprojektred". ^^

Check "Filter comments by original poster" and sort by: newest. That seems to be the best for me at least.

well this was another pointless interview with no new info at all, just sa same safe answers to easy questions like why did you start making games and so on

Iiiiiiiiiiiit's time for Witcher Duskey, the Pink Wolf's Raptr Q&A Recap Bonanza: (WDTPWRQARB. Rolls off your tongue like a nekker liver)

Amount of new information: 0
Hosting site interface: One step over my 1999 Geocities page.
Duration: 5 hours
Questions answered: 32
Questions answered per hour: 6.4
Levels of smileys: Critical

Here's a list of the questions and answers, complete with spelling errors and typos, in the order that the site presented them to me. The sorting order seems to be by newest, until the page gets bored and sorts the rest randomly.
For your entertainment, I've added my two orens to some of the questions.

Legend:
Q: Question
A: Answer
D: Duskey, the Pink Wolf (Thanks Sid Spyker ;)/>

Q: We know that there will be mini games. Is arm wrestling among them?
A: There will be several mini-games including fist fighting and knife throwing. We can’t reveal everything yet though:)

Q: Have you changed the combat system?
A: Yeah, the combat system is greatly evolved. It’s more intimate and fluid - one button press now translates to one sword swing. Each witcher Sign will now have an alternative form, for example, the AARD Sign can be both a directional attack and an area-of-effect attack. The camera system is also enhanced and now shows everything players need to see to get the most out of combat.

Q: Is the main story very long?
A: The main story arc is about 50h of gameplay. The side quest part of the game should take gamers roughly the same time to max out although this is really dependant on your playstyle and the way you approach the game.

Q: Will you show more trailers or a extensive gameplay?
A: Yes, definitely! The closer we are to the launch of the game the more awesome assets you’ll see! Stay tuned for more soon!
D: Is the Space Pope reptilian?

Q: Will you be returning back to the witcher world after you have realsed the witcher 3
A: Oh come on! We haven’t even released The Witcher 3 and you’re already asking about what’s next?! :)/> In a nutshell, yes, this is the final installment of the series but it’s not necessarily the last game in the universe.

Q: Why did you guys decide to start making video games?
A: Because we had a dream. I know it sounds cheesy but we wanted to make the best RPGs around and, step by step, we’re trying to make this dream a reality.

Q: The improvements to so many features when transitioning from The Witcher to The Witcher 2 is astounding. The Witcher 2 in my opinion is nearly perfect. Without mentioning the obvious changes like the open world and new engine, what kind of improvements have been made in The Witcher 3 that will help continue the trend set by the first two games in the trilogy?
A: The open world we’re introducing is not as “obvious” as you think. Our main objective is to maintain the intensity of the plot while allowing gamers to traverse the realm as they please. Combining these two elements is really hard work and it’s not just a case of removing the virtual borders - it’s a different approach to quest design and to many more aspects of development.

Q: WIll you guys optimized the console verion?
A: We are planning on delivering the best possible experience across all platforms. We believe that the gamers should receive the same product regardless of their system of choice.
D: In what world would any developer say anything other than yes?

Q: Will you consider bringing Witcher 1 - 3 to Linux?
A: No plans for now but who knows what the future holds in store;)
D: Read: No.

Q: I love both the Witcher games:)
A: Thanks! We love you too:)

Q: Will the game be new-players friendly? Or is it going to be for people that are used to the series?
A: First things first - you don’t need to know the previous two parts of the game to get the most out of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We’ve developed the game in such a way to allow first time gamers easy entry and to reveal a hidden layer of awesomeness to people who are with us for some time now. Also, the learning curve is way more smooth when compared to The Witcher 2 - we’ve learned our lesson, really.

Q: Hello CD Projekt! I could make a thousand questions and still not be satisfied hahaha. Just answer me this: What makes The Witcher 3 better than the previous? I do not mean your new graphics engine or any of the things that are on the page of the game, I mean what you felt and probably still feel at the thought. What makes it memorable?
A: The way we combine the intense plot and the open world - it’s unlike anything we’ve seen in games so far. We hope that you will feel the same once you put your hands on the game.

Q: Witcher 2 had a couple of nice little references to W1 (The letter from Thaler after the castle just to name one), I loved such little backflashes. How are those handled in 'Wild Hunt'? Are there more of them scattered around than compared to W2 ?
(Ps. I hope you scratched or fixed the sneaking mechanics, that's the only bad thing coming to my mind when thinking of W2)
A: I can’t get into specifics right now because I’d spoil the heck out of the game but you know us, we always like to include these kind of references so you can be sure that we’ll do it this time around too. And there will be no sneaking as said:)

Q: Will there be a multiplayer aspect to the game, if so how? will it be a story based coop, or like deathmatch, or something entirely different?
A: No multiplayer in The Witcher 3. We are all about telling a deep, immersive story. We don’t believe in adding multiplayer modes just for the sake of having them.

Q: Is there any possibility for Witcher 1 or 2 on PS3?
A: No such plans for now. Sorry.
D: The Witcher is PC/Mac only, but The Witcher 2 runs fine on a mid-range PC and a controller.

Q: When is the expected release date?
A: 2014.That's all we can say for now:)
D: Stop rubbing it in :´(

Q: The fanbase of the game and studio have grown significantly, to make it one of the most influential entities in the gaming industry. How do you plan to nurture, cultivate and grow this community for The Witcher 3 (eventually Cyberpunk)? Cosplay competitions? Merchendise? Mod tournaments?
A: First and foremost - we love our fans! We thank you for your support and feedback - it means the world to us:) Obviously with The Witcher 3 coming up next year we will be doing a bunch of various competitions (we've already had a few in the recent months) with some serious prizes:) The details will follow when the time is right:)

Q: Hello. Witcher 2 got pt-br subtitles, same thing is happening on Wild Hunt? HAIL CD Projekt RED I LOVE YOUR WORK GUYS!!
A: We are not forgetting about our fans in Brazil. Speaking of which, this week we will be present at the Brazil Game Show showing The Witcher 3 so there should be some articles about the game in Brazilian media:)

Q: Will Geralt be able to travel to every location from the start?
A: You will only be able to fast travel to the locations you have already discovered but keep in mind that not all of the locations will be easily accessible;)
D: The devs misunderstood this question. To be fair it was poorly worded. It's open world with no level scaling, you do the math.

Q: Wild Hunt will be playable at Brasil Game Show this week?
A: No. It will be similar formula to the ones we've held during E3, Gamescom and Igromir.
D: Crossing fingers for next year's tradeshows.

Q: Geralt definitely looks huge and beefed up in the Witcher 3 what is his secret ?
A: The right diet;)
D: My money's still on the aggressive potion abuse.

Q: Will there be multilingual support for languages such as Turkish like it was in W2EE?
A: Of course we have multilingual support planned. Stay tuned for details on which languages will be supported.

Q: There will be t-shirts on Brazil Game Show, like Gamescon?
A: Unfortunately not but we might prepare something special for gamers in Brazil in the future:)
D: I guess they won't risk another incident like at GamesCom. Some of those girls couldn't get one in the right size: http://i.imgur.com/Tajx3a9.jpg

Q: Well, I do like Witcher but been waiting for Cyberpunk games since 1988, when will we get to know more about Cyberpunk 2077?
A: Can't pinpoint the exact time but when the time is right, we will reveal more details about it. Now we must ask you for your patience.
D: Logic dictates that it's between The Witcher 3 launch and never. If I'm proven wrong, I'd be totally okay with that.

Q: For those people new to the franchise, what are your plans to get people caught up? Interactive comic? Website where people can make decisions/see key plot points and then import them into the game?
A: We actually have a few ideas how to do it but can't reveal them yet. On top of that we are expanding the universe by adding the board game or the recently announced comic books so that the people who are into other media than video games can also get the feel of the witcher world.

Q: I heard that The Witcher board game (designed by Ignacy Trzewiczek) will be released in second quarter of 2014. Is that true?
A: We don't recall saying such a thing. If I remember right, all we said was 2014:)

Q: Marci Momot - Does the witcher community receive recognition in Poland? Is the game "high profile" enough in it's own country?
A: Oh, most definitely! People in Poland are crazy about The Witcher. I would say that the whole Witcher universe is sort of national treasure here - very renowned. Not only gamers but people who are into literature and other media all have heard about it. - Marcin
D: They gave The Witcher 2 to President Obama on his visit and Triss Merigold was on the cover of the Polish Playboy. So... yes.

Q: I had an argument with a friend - in the Killing monsters trailer, Geralt uses a knife; is this knife hidden or he takes it from one of his victims?
A: It's taken from one of the guys. Geralt is so fast you can barely see it:)
D: http://i.imgur.com/ViXf5xx.gif The dagger is taken from the back of the Nilfgaardian. You don't see Geralt take it directly. He proceeds to flip it in open air so he can punch the dude in the face without cutting him. Geralt probably already knew he'd leave him to the woman before he pulled the first punch.

Q: Michal Platkow-Gilewski - How do you plan to rise awareness to the mature RPG genre and draw atention to the Witcher with titles like AC:BF, Watch dogs and the recent GTA 5 steal a lot of spotlight?
A: We will organize 24/7 chat via RAPTR;) But on a more serious note. First of all, we have a great game - this makes things waaaay easier;) Secondly, you didn't mention any RPGs among those titles. We are creating a truly next-gen game on a relative early stage of the new hardware life cycle. That gives us an edge - all gamers eager to check what that means will be able to experience it first hand while playing The Witcher 3. We will, of course,continue the dialog with journalists and gamers. We have a great distribution partner in the US and will have one in the EU pretty soon. And most importantly - we will create some kick ass videos;) - MPG

Q: Will Witcher 3 complete some trilogy, or do we have chapters 4,5,...12 to look forward to? Please let there be another SP arena full of challenges!
A: It's the end of the trilogy... but it will be epic... very epic... and we mean VERY:p

Q: @Mateusz T: What is the most difficult phase of quest creation process?
A: There are quite a few challenges actually but I've talked about them during my Eurogamer presentation last month. You can just watch and listen here:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUXbJQKmaU - Mateusz T.

Q: What is your favorite thing that you love about making The Witcher games?
A: That they are set in The Witcher universe - the world that we all grew up reading about. It's a dream coming true for everyone in the studio to be working on these games:)

Koniec.

If I missed any questions, it's unintentional.
I realise Michal's L is written with a line through it, but my text editor seems to be allergic to that and I drafted this there before pasting to the website.

Thank you for reading and thanks to Marcin Momot (community manager), Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz (lead quest designer), Marcin Blacha (lead writer), Michal Platkow-Gilewski (head of marketing) & Przemek Wójcik (QA manager) for answering the questions.

Have a fantastic day! :D/>

blackgriffin said:
well this was another pointless interview with no new info at all, just sa same safe answers to easy questions like why did you start making games and so on

Not really. For example, as you can see above Smiki finally got his answer:)

MM360 said:
Not really. For example, as you can see above Smiki finally got his answer:)
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Niziołki! Niziołki! Niziołki! Niziołki! Niziołki! Niziołki!

Top Bottom