Reavers Must Be Nerfed Immediately!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reavers Must Be Nerfed Immediately!

This is getting ridiculous, there's nothing that could stop these cards from win, it is highly OP and it is impossible to counter.
Nerf it next patch or the game is dead.

They are strong but pretty much only thing they right now have. Force opponent to use them R2 and he cant do anything last round.

rogeriofi;n9116710 said:
That is probably a joke, lol
NR is the worse faction in the game and you want it Nerfed?
Give everyone a break.

Try to play monsters now, especially those archetypes, that relied on weather (literally two out of three leaders.
NR is far from the worst faction in the game.

Graephen;n9116800 said:
Try to play monsters now, especially those archetypes, that relied on weather (literally two out of three leaders. NR is far from the worst faction in the game.
With the weather nerfed consume decks works a lot better now.

Birkewedd;n9116640 said:
This is getting ridiculous, there's nothing that could stop these cards from win, it is highly OP and it is impossible to counter.
Nerf it next patch or the game is dead.

Impossible to counter? Because Henselt? I don't understand. You can counter Reavers in about 100 ways. Regis HV, Alzur's Thunder, any locking mechanism, etc etc etc.

xenogorgeous;n9116690 said:
the sinergy of this card is really strong and hard to defeat , when well used, that's for sure !

It only synergizes with itself and Henselt, really. The trio ability is okay, but not game breaking. The buffing is nice, if it isn't countered, which it is easily.

rogeriofi;n9116710 said:
Give everyone a break.

The forums have taught me that this is likely NOT a joke. Also, the game has taught me that NR is not the worst faction. Doesn't need a nerfing though, at least not Reavers.

From what I see Monsters consume is probably A tier along with Dwarves now. Almost unbeatable.
However I don’t see a problem to meta swings, it is good for the game.

rogeriofi;n9116850 said:
From what I see Monsters consume is probably A tier along with Dwarves now. Almost unbeatable.
However I don’t see a problem to meta swings, it is good for the game.

Monsters consume is a lot weaker since the patch, altough I still manage to win some games, it's easily countered by locking the arachas, or getting advantage in the first round as the deck heavily relies on a good draw.

Can't beat Eithné dwarves either though, not even with consume.

frbfree;n9116830 said:
Impossible to counter? Because Henselt? I don't understand. You can counter Reavers in about 100 ways. Regis HV, Alzur's Thunder, any locking mechanism, etc etc etc.
What etc etc? Go on then, continue. Regis has no sense with Nenneke, Anzur's Thunder doesn't destroy the card not even close to that, locking easily destroyed by Margarita.
It is highly imba deck and must be nerfed there's no argue.

Birkewedd;n9117710 said:
What etc etc? Go on then, continue. Regis has no sense with Nenneke, Anzur's Thunder doesn't destroy the card not even close to that, locking easily destroyed by Margarita.

Alzur's thunder kills any unshielded 1st Reaver, and that is when you should kill it, not after the three have been played. Locking stops the buffing and the trio. Regis forces them to use nenneke before they complete one trio, so they only get to use the Reaver one time that way (and that is, if they have nenneke or reinforcements in hand). Scorch kills any buffed Reaver, even if shielded. Scorch also kills all Reavers after the buffs unless their power values are offset. Or, you can also bait the first Reaver while being at CA and then pass, to effective force them to go down on CA so you're at an advantage for R2 and R3.

Reavers are fine. As long as you resort to demanding nerfs instead or learning how to play against certain stats, you won't get far.

Also, NR is far from the worst faction right now, and MS is as far from weak as it can be, particularly the dagon builds, but consume as well.

Skryba86;n9117860 said:
Alzur's thunder kills any unshielded 1st Reaver, and that is when you should kill it, not after the three have been played. Locking stops the buffing and the trio. Regis forces them to use nenneke before they complete one trio, so they only get to use the Reaver one time that way (and that is, if they have nenneke or reinforcements in hand). Scorch kills any buffed Reaver, even if shielded. Scorch also kills all Reavers after the buffs unless their power values are offset. Or, you can also bait the first Reaver while being at CA and then pass, to effective force them to go down on CA so you're at an advantage for R2 and R3.

Reavers are fine. As long as you resort to demanding nerfs instead or learning how to play against certain stats, you won't get far.

Also, NR is far from the worst faction right now, and MS is as far from weak as it can be, particularly the dagon builds, but consume as well.

I suggest you learn this deck before trying to prove something here to people that have encountered this kind of play hundreds of times. http://gwentify.com/decks/reavers-redux-july-patch/
Thunder does nothing simly because reavers are played in the end with seargants and dandelion reinforcing them. Besides, the operator which is autoincluded in this kind of deck, transforms this trio into quatro and once again, no way to counter it.

Birkewedd;n9117710 said:

I can't believe this is how I'm spending my morning.

Alzur's Thunder, Assassination, Auckes, Braenn, Ciaran, Cleaver, Dethmold, Dimetrium Bomb, Dimetrium Shackles, Donar An Hindar, Draug, Ele'yas, Fiend, Gigni, Holger Blackhand, Imerlith, Ithlinne, Kambi, Leo Bonhart, Letho of Gulet, Madman Lugos, Mardroeme, Margarita Laux-Antille, Necromancy, Pavetta, Peter Saar Gwynleve, Philippa Eilhart, Radovid, Regis: Higher Vampire, Rot Tosser, Sabrina Glevissig, Schirru, Scorch, Serrit, Skellige Storm, Succubus, Sweers, Treason, Triss Merigold, Vicovaro Medic, Vilgefortz, Villentretenmerth, Yennifer: the Conjurer.

Alphabetically, and this list doesn't include cards that can pull these cards, such as Renew, Royal Decree, et al. But any of these deals with a Reaver Hunter. Most of them effectively enough, and there's enough to have more than one per faction deck. Trust me, Reaver Hunters are not a problem. [h=2][/h]

rogeriofi;n9116710 said:
Give everyone a break.

Unless you are inept, NR can be ridiculously powerful against a lot of decks. Ton of armor, lots of boosting, huge single turn power swings with the ability to summon the Witchers twice with Nenneke and boosted reavers with Henselt/Reinforcement. I'm not saying it's OP, but it's nowhere nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

frbfree;n9116830 said:
It only synergizes with itself and Henselt, really. The trio ability is okay, but not game breaking. The buffing is nice, if it isn't countered, which it is easily.

Kaedweni Sergeant. Ves. Operator.
In one instance the opponent threw out well over 30 points in a single turn.

Last edited:
Birkewedd;n9118090 said:
I suggest you learn this deck before trying to prove something here to people that have encountered this kind of play hundreds of times. http://gwentify.com/decks/reavers-redux-july-patch/
Thunder does nothing simly because reavers are played in the end with seargants and dandelion reinforcing them. Besides, the operator which is autoincluded in this kind of deck, transforms this trio into quatro and once again, no way to counter it.

I know the build, I've played against it quite a few times. If you prefer to be convinced it can't be countered and that it'll always win, then by all means, remain in that world of yours.

If the Reavers are played only as an ender, then they'll definitely be outside the range of alzur's thunder. Then again, you have to have already lost round 1, which you should've avoided at all costs against this build. Win R1, starve your opponent of Cards on R2 until he has to drop the Reavers if he wants to win it, and then you should have a free R3. Reaver's are a strong card, no one here is saying otherwise, and these builds do work and are very played these days. It doesn't mean they're broken, just strong. If you don't want to see that, then it's on you.

Graephen;n9117040 said:
Monsters consume is a lot weaker since the patch, altough I still manage to win some games, it's easily countered by locking the arachas, or getting advantage in the first round as the deck heavily relies on a good draw.

I just jumped 400 MMR from 2400 to 2800 with Monster Consume, I can assure you this deck is amazing.

Last edited:
Moridin2244;n9118990 said:
I just jumped 400 MMR from 2400 to 2800 with Monster Consume, I can assure you this deck is amazing.

PM screen me your deck, i'm sure our decks differ :)
IDK what would be so OP about consume though... if you use harpies and your opponent gets like 25 on the second round because he plays Dwarves with Eithné and Saskia and passes, while you only have a Behemoth or Celaeno out, you'll burn cards to win the round or you lose it and he wins the next one or the one after. The only way around it for me was a quick Kayran, but that's sacrificing two cards, so he wins if he passes anyways.

Anyways, back on topic :)

Graephen;n9119320 said:
PM screen me your deck, i'm sure our decks differ :)
IDK what would be so OP about consume though... if you use harpies and your opponent gets like 25 on the second round because he plays Dwarves with Eithné and Saskia and passes, while you only have a Behemoth or Celaeno out, you'll burn cards to win the round or you lose it and he wins the next one or the one after. The only way around it for me was a quick Kayran, but that's sacrificing two cards, so he wins if he passes anyways.

Anyways, back on topic :)

I jumped from rank 13 to rank 16 since the patch dropped, using exclusively MS consume with a win rate of around 70% more or less. The deck is pretty strong, and I only really feel it has a bad MU vs MS swarm and probably NR control. Dwarves can be a pain if I get too behind on R1, but that won't happen unless I have a really bad hand, and after winning R1 I simply starve them of Cards on R2 until they eventually are forced to use their resilience and then I can g:igni or lock the resilient, or they just pass if they're too ahead on power, in which case R3 is easily won with a finisher like Kayran (or the crones if you're playing them, I don't, or simply the nekkers which should be 10+ strength by then).

Graephen;n9119320 said:
The only way around it for me was a quick Kayran, but that's sacrificing two cards, so he wins if he passes anyways.
Kayran sucks for Monster Consume, grave hag is way better 3rd round win. Also ya our decks likely differ in some keys ways, however I can assure you the archetype doesn't suck and its a pretty cheap deck too.

Skryba86;n9119790 said:
I only really feel it has a bad MU vs MS swarm and probably NR control. Dwarves can be a pain if I get too behind on R1, but that won't happen unless I have a really bad hand
I have issues with the Dwarves myself, though I like NR control funny enough, and seem to be having luck with monsters. My worst matchup is mirror as I tend to get terrible luck... oh well. Also Crones are a bad finisher with Kayran don't you think? I prefer Crones + Grave Hag, especially as Crones early on makes them feel a little secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom