Recompile .swf files

+
Recompile .swf files

How can I recompile the swf files for the GUI properly? When I use the JPEXS decompiler, the part that is controlled by the script that I opened and recompiled is broken in the game (even if I don't change anything in the editor). Is hex-editing really the only way to change swf files or is there a better way?

it depends on the swf, sometimes u can change the actionscript, sometimes u must change the p-code.... usually u can tell when u save the actionscript and it freezes for a second or so and the file size is a few kb bigger (even if u dont change anything just click on "edit" and then "save") it got borked....

You still can use that script editor. Just save the initial P-code, edit the script itself and copy-save edited P-code again but don's save the file. So you just have to compare the original and edited P-codes, find your changes and fix some stuff which was broken by JPEXS while saving (like namespaces syntax etc). And then you can insert your changed code into original script.
It will require some manual work but you can edit pretty much everything I would say, the biggest problem is to find what script handles that feature which you wanna change.

Top Bottom