Regarding the physx.

+
Regarding the physx.

Will a 4.5ghz cpu be able to handle the physx if using AMD card? Or should I just be saving up for an nvidia card? I looked into some videos and it seems all animals with fur, and animal furs on clothing and armors, as well as destructable objects will have physx, and maybe more things we don't know about and I want the full experience.

As we all know, amd does not have advanced physx chips on its cards because its nvidia technology, thus it has to rely on cpu for it. I'm wondering how much strain this is going to output on a PC that isn't using an Nvidia card.

Does cd projekt red recommend using Nvidia if playing on a PC, or can we manage it with amd?

Last edited:
I dont know about your initial question, but they said in an interview, not long ago, that their Phyx effects actually do work processed by AMD GPUs, but they dont know if when the game releases Nvidia will restrict it or not. So i would just wait and see.

Wolf fur is DirectCompute not CUDA so it will work the exact same I read that being mention by Nvidia a while ago. Other than that, all the destruction and hair and whatever are Nvidia APEX and as of the latest SDK(which TW3 will be using) only APEX Turbulence necessarily needs a Nvidia card because there were optimizations made for Physx SDK 3.x for the CPU.

Again, this is what I know from read reading about PhysX, APEX and Hairworks.

Wolf fur is DirectCompute not CUDA so it will work the exact same I read that being mention by Nvidia a while ago. Other than that, all the destruction and hair and whatever are Nvidia APEX and as of the latest SDK(which TW3 will be using) only APEX Turbulence necessarily needs a Nvidia card because there were optimizations made for Physx SDK 3.x for the CPU.

Again, this is what I know from read reading about PhysX, APEX and Hairworks.

Hm, that sounds like somewhat good news then.

Top Bottom