[RELEASE] VGX Sword Walking

+

Guest 3841499

erxv;n10842231 said:
that is literally how it works by default in vanilla... the animation only plays when in water with a sword out.

You're right, I tested that around Skellige river and many rivers in W3 are not considered bodies of water, I keep forgetting that. Does this animation have a specific name in any of the w2anims files? If that is so, then have you tried to copy/paste Animation, LineExtraction, and Buffer chunk data from that animation onto normal sword-holding exploration animation? I would be happy to try myself, but it is quite unproductive and overly time-consuming to try to compare modded w2beh files with vanilla ones to figure out what was modded when someone can just tell you to speed up the process. I can't promise success, but I will definitely try, given that my assumption of that water-walking animation has a specific name linked to a w2anims file.

MonarchX;n10842981 said:
my assumption of that water-walking animation has a specific name linked to a w2anims file.

All water walking animations begin with locomotion_man_jesus_walk_cycle.
and then fast, slow etc... for specific animations.

MonarchX;n10842981 said:
Does this animation have a specific name in any of the w2anims files? If that is so, then have you tried to copy/paste Animation, LineExtraction, and Buffer chunk data from that animation onto normal sword-holding exploration animation?

nah, that wont work, its an additive animation played on top of the normal holding sword animation. dont remember the name but something with water_middle and water_deep (depending on how deep you are) and that additive animation is only applied to the right arm. look for ShallowWaterRaiseWeapon in pc_gameplay.w2beh ... its around #8000 chunk somewhere...

Guest 3841499

If locomotion_man_jesus_walk_cycle really is the animation name for VGX walking, then replacing vanilla exploration walking and running with it would do the trick, would it not?

uh, its clearly not the real name. :( but, replace the name with the actual animation name, and the theory holds.

Guest 3841499

rfuzzo;n10879901 said:
uh, its clearly not the real name. :( but, replace the name with the actual animation name, and the theory holds.

LOL, but CDPR does use similar analogies in their files when it comes to naming things, so...

Top Bottom