Request for Kovir and other Expansions (All Spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only Tirss fans care about Kovir, because I particularly don't.

What about some expansion in interesting places, like Brokilon forest or Zerrikania (doubt it). I'm really happy with Toussaint, whoever decided that was the location should be given a medal.

I don't care about Kovir if you're thinking Post End Game Content.

What about northern Redanina? Returning to BLAVIKEN? Or the City of the Golden Towers? I have no idea what Geralt would be doing at any of these places, but then, I have no idea what Geralt is going to be doing at Toussaint, so.

Heck, I'm going to go ahead and say what about Tir ná Lia? What about our world with Camelot and King Arthur and Gallahad and that whole adventure CIri supposedly had and we didn't hear about in tw3? I'm not honestly asking for these things, but I can tell you those places have much more story and interest to the wider community than Kovir. UNICORNS DUDE. FUCKING UNICORNS. ikr. You ain't gonna find those in Kovir.

Maybe Poviss, though, because Coen was the "Witcher of Poviss" and I would like to know what that means. Chill out at some other witcher school. Trash their shit.

I completely agree with @MrPanda92 - Kovir appeals to only a small portion and it's romance related. IMHO can we give that a rest? I mean, it's not the point of the game, it's a side story. They say they are preparing some more content for Triss and IMHO if it tidies up that story arc neatly within the framework that we already have, there's no need for an entire Expansion where everyone has a party on a whole new map.

Anywhoo, really narrow OP, OP. I'd say it's too early to know exactly what to expect out of the Expansion packs based on the fact Toussaint isn't even out yet and anything is possible. I'd say this thread would be more interesting/useful closer to the Toussaint release date (presumably we'd have footage and an idea of what it's going to be like by then).

This is getting more ridiculous with each day, i sincerely hope CDPR doesn't consider making any specific Romance DLC.

The Witcher series doesn't need more romance content, it has already enough for both women.

If they make the expansions and already existing characters are involved, why not, but it shouldn't focus on them and especially not on your romance.

It's still The Witcher and not a soap opera.

This is getting more ridiculous with each day, i sincerely hope CDPR doesn't consider making any specific Romance DLC.

The Witcher series doesn't need more romance content, it has already enough for both women.

If they make the expansions and already existing characters are involved, why not, but it shouldn't focus on them and especially not on your romance.

It's still The Witcher and not a soap opera.

Don't get the wrong picture here and make up ridiculous things
The request was for more expansions not for A ROMANCE DLC.
As usual CDPR knows best and what they consider and don't is what they decide.

---------- Updated at 06:15 PM ----------

What's in this thread?
Something that was a Fan request to CDPR.
The Mod doesn't seem happy that a fan posted a request :smile:

Any EE with deeper introduction and info about Ciri, Emhyr, Yennefer, Eredin and some fixed lacks of dialogues more coherent (Jaskier, and almost all characters involved in Act3) will be welcome before any new expansion beside the 2 already announced.

And obviously, with the majority of bugs and technic issues which gamers suffer fixed at least.

Oh, I'm very happy. Had quite a good chuckle. :D

The only reason I think CD Projekt RED can't do it is because adding the kingdom of Kovir and Poviss will require as much work as Velen + Novigrad or Skellige with all it's isles, perhaps even more, considering that it contains the richest cities in the continent.

More than a disappoint about the romance, it's more of a disappointment that The Witcher games are ending and we didn't get to see it.

---------- Updated at 10:24 PM ----------

I think only Tirss fans care about Kovir, because I particularly don't.

Not only Triss fans, pretty much everyone who wanted to see the kingdom of Kovir and Poviss, with all it's 5 regions, 5 cities and keeps.

Not only Triss fans, pretty much everyone who wanted to see the kingdom of Kovir and Poviss, with all it's 5 regions, 5 cities and keeps.
You could honestly say that about any of the cities or maps or lands in the Witcher world. In my playthrough of tw3, I didn't have those conversations with Triss. Kovir isn't even mentioned in my playthrough of the game -- so yes, I think it is only significant to Triss fans. In the books, the significance of Kovir was that the King and money that Djikstra wanted and that Ciri could have been married off to a prince of Kovir. It's not a place anyone really visited in the books and it's only mentioned as a means of tidying up some kind of happy ending for Triss (this is fine, there's nothing wrong with it.) Only Triss fans found Kovir brought to their attention in particular.

You could honestly say that about any of the cities or maps or lands in the Witcher world. In my playthrough of tw3, I didn't have those conversations with Triss. Kovir isn't even mentioned in my playthrough of the game -- so yes, I think it is only significant to Triss fans. In the books, the significance of Kovir was that the King and money that Djikstra wanted and that Ciri could have been married off to a prince of Kovir. It's not a place anyone really visited in the books and it's only mentioned as a means of tidying up some kind of happy ending for Triss (this is fine, there's nothing wrong with it.) Only Triss fans found Kovir brought to their attention in particular.

Pont Vanis was mentioned by both Dandelion and Zoltan (Twice by Dandelion). Lan Exeter was actually mentioned a number of times, by Eskel, Lambert (They were referring to some of the witcher contracts that they had in there and talking about how much money they made out of it) and some other characters mentioned it too. Narok was also mentioned a couple of times, definitely more than any other place in The Witcher World.

---------- Updated at 03:43 AM ----------

it has already enough for both women.

No, it doesn't have enough of both woman. It has enough of one of them.

Pont Vanis was mentioned by both Dandelion and Zoltan (Twice by Dandelion). Lan Exeter was actually mentioned a number of times, by Eskel, Lambert (They were referring to some of the witcher contracts that they had in there and talking about how much money they made out of it) and some other characters mentioned it too. Narok was also mentioned a couple of times, definitely more than any other place in The Witcher World.

Obviously I don't feel enough for these dialogues as a regular player to note they were even in Kovir. I don't feel like going to Pont Vanis or visiting Lan Exeter. I can do all the things I would be doing there in Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Velen -- and the super fancy stuff expected of the super rich cities I think would be covered in Toussaint.

Buddy, this isn't the thread. If you start talking like this, it sounds like you do want a Romance DLC -- which this thread allegedly isn't about. :| Kallelinski's point is that once the Triss romance is tidied up in the up coming patch, then there's nothing more to say on romance. There is then enough for both women and therefore talking about the imbalance in this thread would be off topic.

Add to your list:
-The mage in Tower outta nowhere quest tell Geralt meet him in Pont Vanis
-Many citizen mention "Do you know how much a drowner cost in Kovir (or Pont Vanis don't remmember)"
Seriously hear this one too many time :p

I think Kallelinski talk about don't want Yen or Triss appear in Expansion pack, this is the place for new character

And no, i want both old and new one in the expansion...

Last edited:
Expansions need some really cool monster/exploration quests. Something like the Ice Giant quest or a quest where you face some huge monster, not just some fiend, vampire, etc. Geralt is a witcher after all.

Obviously I don't feel enough for these dialogues as a regular player to note they were even in Kovir. I don't feel like going to Pont Vanis or visiting Lan Exeter. I can do all the things I would be doing there in Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Velen -- and the super fancy stuff expected of the super rich cities I think would be covered in Toussaint.

That's perfectly understandable and I respect your opinion.

this isn't the thread. If you start talking like this, it sounds like you do want a Romance DLC -- which this thread allegedly isn't about. :| Kallelinski's point is that once the Triss romance is tidied up in the up coming patch, then there's nothing more to say on romance. There is then enough for both women and therefore talking about the imbalance in this thread would be off topic.

That was actually one of the reasons this thread was created. The romance in the game was always a huge for me and for a lot of other people. It's definitely one of the reasons why I took such interest in playing the games (I suck at playing RPGs) I only play them to enjoy the story.

I didn't know what Kallelinski was referring to. I apologize for misinterpreting his message.

I'm not your buddy, pal.:smiling2:

To those who want a Kovir expansion:

You have to take into consideration that these expansions cost a lot of money to make, and that CDPR would presumably be looking at ideas that are likely to be of interest to the majority of those who played the game. Any major expansion focusing on one or the other of the romances, be it Yen or Triss, is likely NOT to be of interest to those who romanced the other, or to those who aren't that interested at all in the game's romances.

So. Two questions.

Would you still be interested in a Kovir expansion if Triss wasn't in it?
If Triss wasn't in it, in what way would a Kovir expansion be more desirable than any other region?

The above questions were asked without my moderator hat on. Now I'm putting it on, to make another observation.
If the thread continues to be focussed on "I want a Kovir expansion because I want more Triss content", then it's best continued in the existing Triss thread.

That was actually one of the reasons this thread was created. The romance in the game was always a huge for me and for a lot of other people. It's definitely one of the reasons why I took such interest in playing the games (I suck at playing RPGs) I only play them to enjoy the story.

Well, if you ask for a Kovir Romance DLC, then Yen fans are going to want an enitre map to themselves, too. It's silly, at this point, to even entertain the notion beyond that -- it's also why Kovir itself would present to be a problem even if it wasn't anything to do with romance. I can see the threads forming now. I appreciate that you appreciate the romantic storylines in the Witcher universe, and they deserve their due representation in the game, but I think Romance Ex Packs would really miss the point of the game.

Actually post endgame content would probably detract from the point of the game. It's over, it's ended. A whole post game ex pac would probably be tw4 and be a whole new set of fresh ideas etc.

I'm not your buddy, pal.

I hope you understand, from my perspective, your attitude toward Kallelinski comes across as absurd/childish, hence my attitude toward you. Now we've cleared that up, there's no need for 'pal' and so forth.

I would, yes.

If Triss wasn't in it, in what way would a Kovir expansion be more desirable than any other region?

Continuity of exploration for TW-world and having more zones unlock in general, I feel a bit disappointed that the only one zone getting unlocked in the future will be Toussaint, not that I hate Toussaint, I actually love the city and the idea, however, I haven't been able to experience the same amount of fun I had since I played TW1 and majority of that fun was because I was able to run around Vizima, everything in that city intrigued me and it was one of the best experiences I've had playing the witcher games. I'm a little disappointed that it's not fully unlocked in TW3.

I already know that the only reason I think CD Projekt RED can't do it is because adding the kingdom of Kovir and Poviss will require as much work as Velen + Novigrad or Skellige with all it's isles, perhaps even more, considering that it contains the richest cities in the continent. I know it's not something small and it's not easy, considering that probably of the REDs are working on Cyberpunk 2077 as we speak.

I'm not expecting this expansion to be for free, if CDPR charges us $40 for it, it wouldn't even do it justice.

---------- Updated at 07:44 AM ----------

Well, if you ask for a Kovir Romance DLC, then Yen fans are going to want an enitre map to themselves, too. It's silly, at this point, to even entertain the notion beyond that -- it's also why Kovir itself would present to be a problem even if it wasn't anything to do with romance. I can see the threads forming now. I appreciate that you appreciate the romantic storylines in the Witcher universe, and they deserve their due representation in the game, but I think Romance Ex Packs would really miss the point of the game.

Actually post endgame content would probably detract from the point of the game. It's over, it's ended. A whole post game ex pac would probably be tw4 and be a whole new set of fresh ideas etc.

I already stated that romance isn't my only interest in this expansion.

I hope you understand, from my perspective, your attitude toward Kallelinski comes across as absurd/childish, hence my attitude toward you. Now we've cleared that up, there's no need for 'pal' and so forth.

I didn't start it and I wasn't trying to offend you or him, I'll try to clear it up in a PM.

:like:

Don't get the wrong picture here and make up ridiculous things
The request was for more expansions not for A ROMANCE DLC.
As usual CDPR knows best and what they consider and don't is what they decide.

- 2 Expansion packs announced with focus on dearly missed characters.

Yeah, missed characters.

What will Planned expansions with the requested expansions do?
- Happy Triss, Yen, Ciri, Fringilla, Shani Fans
- CDPR will tell the story of not just Geralt of Rivia but story of his beloved family, companions and friends. One EPIC package of base game with supporting or extending tales.

This is so vague, you could do anything with this suggestion. If you want to know the story of Geralt of Rivia, there are 8 books telling it, if you want more of that, his origin and his friends. Even Shani and Fringilla are in the books, shocking i know :)

Summing up
- We request for a Post-TW3 story expansion
visit Kovir and story and Romance centered on Triss
- We request for a Pre-TW3/TW2/TW1 story expansion
visit rivia, Geralt meeting Yen, relation with Yen, adventures with young ciri, story of Ciri, Snow skating with Ciri and story about her tattoo etc.

"We request"... how about "I would like" instead of requesting something? It's your opinion and we are in no position to request or demand anything, CDPR doesn't owe us something.

The second would be also enough content to make a whole new game, most people would call it a prequel, and how is "story and romance centered on Triss" in any way benefitting the story of the game? And what about those who don't care about both women at all? They get nothing then?

It's obvious to me that this request isn't just for another expansion, you even say it yourself, "story and romance centered on Triss", this is a romance dlc and not just another expansion, you just tried to cover it up with nice words and even include "TeamYen" to this cause, but the problem is that you probably didn't forsee that most of "TeamYen" wouldn't agree with you.
I also don't like this term, TeamTriss or TeamYen, like we need to split the community in teams...

Even the title of this thread suggests it, "Kovir and other", you didn't even both to write the others out, at least Kovir is in the title. You could easily say "Kovir and a prequel to Yennefer/Ciri", but you didn't, shows on what your ambition is focussed.

Anyway, i won't bother to look into this thread again, but since i was being mentioned i said my two cents.

I don't support such an expansion, because this isn't what The Witcher should be.

:like:

Yeah, missed characters.

This is so vague, you could do anything with this suggestion. If you want to know the story of Geralt of Rivia, there are 8 books telling it, if you want more of that, his origin and his friends. Even Shani and Fringilla are in the books, shocking i know :)

"We request"... how about "I would like" instead of requesting something? It's your opinion and we are in no position to request or demand anything, CDPR doesn't owe us something.

The second would be also enough content to make a whole new game, most people would call it a prequel, and how is "story and romance centered on Triss" in any way benefitting the story of the game? And what about those who don't care about both women at all? They get nothing then?

It's obvious to me that this request isn't just for another expansion, you even say it yourself, "story and romance centered on Triss", this is a romance dlc and not just another expansion, you just tried to cover it up with nice words and even include "TeamYen" to this cause, but the problem is that you probably didn't forsee that most of "TeamYen" wouldn't agree with you.
I also don't like this term, TeamTriss or TeamYen, like we need to split the community in teams...

Even the title of this thread suggests it, "Kovir and other", you didn't even both to write the others out, at least Kovir is in the title. You could easily say "Kovir and a prequel to Yennefer/Ciri", but you didn't, shows on what your ambition is focussed.

Anyway, i won't bother to look into this thread again, but since i was being mentioned i said my two cents.

I don't support such an expansion, because this isn't what The Witcher should be.

Sure it was my own suggestion
lets wait it out for future announcements by CDPR ;)
Edited the OP accordingly.

---------- Updated at 03:39 PM ----------

To those who want a Kovir expansion:

You have to take into consideration that these expansions cost a lot of money to make, and that CDPR would presumably be looking at ideas that are likely to be of interest to the majority of those who played the game. Any major expansion focusing on one or the other of the romances, be it Yen or Triss, is likely NOT to be of interest to those who romanced the other, or to those who aren't that interested at all in the game's romances.

So. Two questions.

The above questions were asked without my moderator hat on. Now I'm putting it on, to make another observation.
If the thread continues to be focussed on "I want a Kovir expansion because I want more Triss content", then it's best continued in the existing Triss thread.

Yes at the moment, it looks like kovir and triss are analogous. I hope devs have taken note of the request by now.
Suggestion for Triss and Yen content can go on in other threads.
so this thread can be closed if you feel so :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom