Romances: Disparity in quality and quantity

+
That's tragic.

I think they really should have had a critical arc just before going to Embers where you and Johnny go do things you always wanted to but never did , like a "coming to terms" just before your final hurrah. The first part of Kerry's quest would be on the mainpath followed by the rest of his line being optional and personal gigs.
I answer there to avoid an obvious off-topic :)

Not only tragic for Kerry but for River too I guess...
These % seem "logic" to me :
- Panam because she's the most romanced character (by far, something like 60% of players) and her quest line unlock one ending.
- Judy because she's the second most romanced character.
- River (for me) only because his quest line is unlocked way sooner and have only two quests... (if his quest line was unlocked later in the game, I bet he would have pretty much the same %, if not less than Kerry).

I bet Kerry would have a way better % if his quest line was unlocked at the same time as Johnny's one (with Rogue which is also a side quest) and above all if his quest line was required to unlock "Don't Fear The Reaper" (which make sense to me at least...)

On side note, Johnny ask to go see Rogue and after, he also ask (even insiste) to go see Kerry. So if players skip Kerry quest line, it's because they want to skip it :(

I answer there to avoid an obvious off-topic :)

Not only tragic for Kerry but for River too I guess...
These % seem "logic" to me :
- Panam because she's the most romanced character (by far, something like 60% of players) and her quest line unlock one ending.
- Judy because she's the second most romanced character.
- River (for me) only because his quest line is unlocked way sooner and have only two quests... (if his quest line was unlocked later in the game, I bet he would have pretty much the same %, if not less than Kerry).
It makes sense, sure. It's sad none the less.
No other game has a quest that concludes with you banging a rock star in the ass on a burning yacht.
I bet Kerry would have a way better % if his quest line was unlocked at the same time as Johnny's one (with Rogue which is also a side quest) and above all if his quest line was required to unlock "Don't Fear The Reaper" (which make sense to me at least...)

On side note, Johnny ask to go see Rogue and after, he also ask (even insiste) to go see Kerry. So if players skip Kerry quest line, it's because they want to skip it :(
I figured it wasn't a requirement. I think that ending just happens if you sit there. I've seen videos insisting you need to jump through hoops, answer things a certain way, but on a playthrough testing my next mod I went AFK and when I returned Johnny still proposed we go in alone. I had skipped a lot of side quests that build relationship with him.

No other game has a quest that concludes with you banging a rock star in the ass on a burning yacht.
Seeing the romance scene for the first time was quite an experience. The way they move with the instrumentals to ArchAngel, the chaos of it all. Everyone ought to experience it at least once.

In my opinion, these stats only "reflect" players preferences. I bet it's almost the same in other games. For example, Mass Effect, I guess Liara must have the higher % (and by far^^), follwed by the "girls" and the guys are (way) behind.

In Cyberpunk, the way quests lines are unlocked doesn't help (Kerry at the end), but I don't think it would change that much (on these %) if all of LI quests were unlocked at the same time. Like I said, if players skip LI quests, it's because they decided to. In my case, I never romanced Kerry nor River, but I always completed their quests, so...
I figured it wasn't a requirement. I think that ending just happens if you sit there. I've seen videos insisting you need to jump through hoops, answer things a certain way, but on a playthrough testing my next mod I went AFK and when I returned Johnny still proposed we go in alone. I had skipped a lot of side quests that build relationship with him.
There is only one dialogue line which is required :

To get this ending, you need to choose a specific dialogue at the end of the Chippin' In quest. During the conversation with Johnny in the oilfields choose the following (the rest doesn't matter):
  • "Nah, fucked that up too."
  • "What do you want from me?"
  • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
After choosing that last dialogue, Johnny's affinity will go up to 40%, and the secret ending will be unlocked.

But it would make sense to at least, complete Rogue and Kerry quests (to "fix" his old friend issues^^)

Last edited:
In my opinion, these stats only "reflect" players preferences. I bet it's almost the same in other games. For example, Mass Effect, I guess Liara must have the higher % (and by far^^), follwed by the "girls" and the guys are (way) behind.

In Cyberpunk, the way quests lines are unlocked doesn't help (Kerry at the end), but I don't think it would change that much (on these %) if all of LI quests were unlocked at the same time. Like I said, if players skip LI quests, it's because they decided to. In my case, I never romanced Kerry nor River, but I always completed their quests, so...
I understand. My desire for some... rework on that area is meant narratively. I think it's unfortunate so many people missed out but I get it. I sincerely think the game would have been more endearing if there were something like an "acceptance" arc. You're still fighting to save your life, but you go through a bit of 'well, if I don't make it I wanna do X first' along with Johnny and it would be a good intro for Kerry. Get the band back together, his quest opens up and you have some fun personal gigs- taking a unique corpo car for a joyride(can't work right now since the cops are half-baked, I know), maybe get even with an old prick or hit up an old fling, etc. What's there now is fine though.
There is only one dialogue line which is required :

To get this ending, you need to choose a specific dialogue at the end of the Chippin' In quest. During the conversation with Johnny in the oilfields choose the following (the rest doesn't matter):
  • "Nah, fucked that up too."
  • "What do you want from me?"
  • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
After choosing that last dialogue, Johnny's affinity will go up to 40%, and the secret ending will be unlocked.

But it would make sense to at least, complete Rogue and Kerry quests (to "fix" his old friend issues^^)
Thought so.

I just checked these stats on xbox and even if it look like "sad" at first, but honestly it's not really :)
- 8.34% of all players completed Kerry quest line (which seem low but it concern all of those who played the game, even just few minutes).
But only 23.77% of all players finished the game once (The World).
So in reality (ignoring all of those who never finished the game^^), it seem about 33% of all players who saw the end credits, completed Kerry quest line during their playthroughs. So not that bad.

This Kerrymancer and Kerry simp is still judging the rest of the players who ignore the rockerboi's gigs! You gonks are missing out on fun gigs and learning more about this GILF!

since i mostly play female Vs im curious... how is the outcome if you play male V bang Panam but in the end call Kerry to leave NC for Arizona... is Panam still kind or jelly while helping V in her ending... are there at least some dialogs/reactions about the dbl romance with her and Kerry? never really gave it a thought... my guess is nothing changes in the end and Panam remains just as a good one-nightstand-friend, leaving Kerry as LI?

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

This Kerrymancer and Kerry simp is still judging the rest of the players who ignore the rockerboi's gigs! You gonks are missing out on fun gigs and learning more about this GILF!
I don't really blame players who didn't do those. Kerry's personal questline is ridiculously easy to miss. The only reason why I didn't miss it, is because I watched all pre-release content I could find and saw that he's involved in more than just the Samurai reunion.

Hopefully in future games CDPR won't introduce romance options when the game's story is pretty much over.

Ohh… he doesn’t leave at all I see…
Well, he is a rockstar and preparing to duet a tour with Us Cracks. He's also the only supported character who doesn't despise Night City, which is partly what makes him refreshing. Speaking of which - that is a gripe I have with the writing which is mostly good; The city made it clear itself what a vicious vampire it is, I didn't need every character to be reduced to same note of "Night City sucks, bleh."

It would have been nice to have a real nut job, supporting character, who's "here for it".

1686814191800.png

So looks like we can kiss any hopes they will adress the imbalance between male and female romance options goodbye forever. Thanks for nothing.

Guest 4412420

I don't think they'll address it. In the article Hearts of Stone expansion was mentioned, and the only new dialogue that I remember (but I could be wrong) Triss and Yennefer getting is having an option to talk about O'Dimm's mark.

I can't speak for everyone, but to me this wasn't about getting some kind of continuation to romances in the expansion. I hoped to see improvements to two very barebone romances in terms of content, which is something CDPR did for Triss in TW3 with a free patch, but Kerry's and River's fans can't even expect to see improvements in something we'll be paying money for.

Marcin pretty clearly states that romances aren't a part of changes they'll be including in Phantom Liberty.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, I would be happy to see just a normal environment in Joss's house :cry:
Like, the kids really asleep and not freakishly awake, standing on their bed.
Joss actually leaning into something, and not in the air.
They removing the Jambalaya from the table outside, after we finish his arc.
River greeting V once we arrive, and an update to the broken holo dialogues with him.

Thankfully my PC will be ready before PL drops. I'll be able mod this relationship to pieces and enjoy it for a while.

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-romance-judy-panam-kerry-1850525485 There’s this article that makes things confusing. Maybe Marcin is just addressing that there won’t be added new romance options in the expansion. Just adding content to the base 4?
It definitely looks like we're getting something, though this might be a few conversation prompts or a new sequence of texts/calls. They do compare it to the Witcher 3 expansions, so definitely no new quest arcs with LIs or anything I guess.

I got the impression they will add some options for post romantic side quests. What I'm picturing is being able to kiss, have sex and some more dialogue options which for me would already make a ton of difference, but this is just an impression.
I did have the hope for more content for the boys some patches ago but not for awhile now.

I don't think they'll address it. In the article Hearts of Stone expansion was mentioned, and the only new dialogue that I remember (but I could be wrong) Triss and Yennefer getting is having an option to talk about O'Dimm's mark.

I can't speak for everyone, but to me this wasn't about getting some kind of continuation to romances in the expansion. I hoped to see improvements to two very barebone romances in terms of content, which is something CDPR did for Triss in TW3 with a free patch, but Kerry's and River's fans can't even expect to see improvements in something we'll be paying money for.

Marcin pretty clearly states that romances aren't a part of changes they'll be including in Phantom Liberty.
I hear you on this. Maybe we'll be surprised with the next big patch. I really want more with Kerry goddamnit! I mean, I have the 'kerry romance enhanced' mod that adds a little bit of life to his romance and I'm waiting to see if the mod author does what he did for Panam and Judy and gives Kerry an extra gig. I also have a 'text message enhanced' mod that adds more text messages to the game from everyone, Kerry included. But for real, CDPR themselves should be adding and making the romances equal....but sometimes I fear they are ignoring the part of the player base that wants more romance and equal romance content.

Top Bottom