Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

+
Good evening SDPR you happen to create a truly great game that touches the soul, everything in it is fine, you just want to dive into this world and to enjoy it. But at certain moments, it spoils the enjoyment of the Russian voice, no, she is not bad, but most of the dialogue, especially the plot, it is accelerating, the brakes and it's really frustrating. SDPR, I beg you, do not destroy the atmosphere of the game, correct these problems with the voice acting. I believe in you, thank you again for such a mental game.

I really like the witcher and cdpr. I bought the game 3 times in gratitude for your relationship with the fans . I hope you still stay the same and deserve to fix the problem of Russian localization .

Lip sync =)

But I'm not sure that the engine supports this technology. However - it is very outrageous that they synchronize it for other languages, but not for Russian.

And this is after they repeatedly promised in the interviews that Russian VO are excellent. They even said that there are special people watching the process of localization. And now we see THIS. GJ.

Bump for my Russian friends.

I hope this is easily fixed by a patch. CDPR puts so much effort into localizations, it should also work right.

Played english and russian versions....
Russian dialogues sound like children flirting with Goofy...so artificial emotions, so overplayed intonations... and that changing speed... G-d!

For example, if erotic scene with <SPOILER> in english voiceover sounds very romantic, intriguing, alluring ... then ... daaaaaaaamn... I switchet to Russian ... and like WUT! WHAT IS THAT!? My 4 y.o. son when playing toys sounds more serious and convincing!!!

I cried myself to sleep after that, you know...bleeding from my ears.

Fraking shame! CDP, give your next game to Goblin (operru) to translate! He alone translates (and voiceovers) better, than whole studios like the one, who localized Witcher 3!!!

Hello Sonycman,
I met the similar problem, English voices with Chinese Subtitles, Character''s dialogue speed fast than their acting. It is very strange!

Hello, i am also experiencing this problem and it is really ruining atmosphere for me. I don't know if it is possible to fix it with patches, but anyway, people, keep this thread up, so we at least could hear some response from CD Project Red.

same problem, i don't really care about lip sync. But the quality of translations and cast are heavenly cool, until they speed us and sound insanely stupid.

Every player that uses russian voices is having this issue. Please, keep that thread up, so CD Project Red would see it

Silence from the devs is very disappointing.
At the very least I would like to have an answer form RED, even if it will be negative and nothing can be done about problem with localization to the language, one of your biggest community of players speak. Better to have some certainty than to bear vain hopes.

Also I would like to ask moderators for better judgement. May be this thread will be more appropriate in Technical Support forum? If so, please, move it there.

Last edited:
CDPR, please, fix it, if this possible... I played 53 hours and there is about 30 hours of dialogues are accelerated or delayed... Its really very sad... You said, you making Russian localisation with all responsibility, so, where is it? I trust in you and hope for fix soon!

Guest 3537857

I bet there's no simple fix. Otherswise the devs would gave us answer already or even fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet there's no simple fix. Otherswise the devs would gave us answer already or even fixed it
For now I think lots of the people would be happy if devs at least let us know they look into this problem. Because ignoring this thread completely, they give the impression that they just don't care (I certainly hope that's not the case).

Top Bottom