Savage Bear has Become too Strong?

+
Bears must be nerfed, and there are a lot ways to do it.
I think even Yennefer The Conqurer is weaker. She is gold!!!
She can't be resurrected, and she's only 1 card, while there are 3 bears, 3 priestesses, 1 sigrdfrfdfdfa, and there is no way to kill bear, even locks dont work.

Reduce bears, give us free 10000 scraps for each bear milled. This will do fine to the game balance, just like last patch did. Now where is super angry smile/??//

Personally i dont mind the 6 power.Whats bothering me is the priority of the bear hitting units after being locked.Or hitting the Kaedwani Sergeant denying the commandos to come from the deck.Since they changed its ability for the V medic it should work the same way,allowing an X unit to come on the board due to a Y unit's effect,and then damage both units.

Bear was a card with pretty interesting synergy with the self wounding build. It got changed.

Then it was a very defense mechanism against the threat of NG's GY hate. It got changed.

Now it's simply an OP bronze that has insane amounts of value and shuts down unit spawning heavily. It's an auto include in any SK build because there are literally no reasons not to run him. He's above power for a bronze, he's highly disruptive, he only gets better in multiples and he can be ressed as many times as you got medics.

Suggestion:

- keep his base power at 6 and keep him hitting spawned units but make him hit only the opposite row.

- lower his base power to 5 and make him not hit spawned units.

- keep his base power at 6 but make him not hit spawned units, and make it so only one savage bear's ability can trigger each time a unit enters the battlefield.

Either one of those will make him a fine bronze. Right now he's just too strong, IMO.

The_Odinson;n8933070 said:
Savage Bear seems really really good to me. If you compare it to Reinforced Trebutchet its kind of a joke. The way it interacts against NR as well, with their buffing and fetching, is completely gross. I just feel like its easily 1 health too high.

You are comparing 2 different things dude , bear hits every time a unit is spawn on board and you can spawn alot in 1 round lets say you use Woodland spirit bear hits all the units spawn buy it its a 6 dmg /turn , trebutchet hits 1 time per turn, See the difference ? also trebutchet is a 5 points so it can be taken buy most units even bronze that deal 5 dmg.

Triss is a free starter card, maybe get something better? There's no rule saying every unit has to be killable by every other unit in one hit.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I see all these complaints about the Bear now, when he's had this effect since Gwent Closed Beta came out? OK, now he has 2 more points, but he only hits after the effect, so he still screws monster consume decks (which im assuming are most of the people complaining) but now longer nullifies SK and NG medics anymore.

Myabe he shouldnt be 6, but still, all this rage is a "little" late to take seriously...

Skellige in general has become a "place and forget" faction, where you place cards in a pre-determined order and just let the game play itself. The only question you have to ask yourslf is does the enemy have a way to deal with it. If not, just spam those bears, Morkvarg, ships and hunters. And while you're at it, pack some easily spammable weather cards.

Haven't run into them THAT much, but I've seen enough to not really like it.

DRK3;n8937480 said:
I see all these complaints about the Bear now, when he's had this effect since Gwent Closed Beta came out?

No. On CB he pinged all the units placed on the board, not just the opponent ones. Which was, again, another thing they changed for no reason and caused a lot of troubles.

Laveley;n8937720 said:
No. On CB he pinged all the units placed on the board, not just the opponent ones. Which was, again, another thing they changed for no reason and caused a lot of troubles.

They removed that because they wanted to get rid of War Cry archetype. Though why did they remove it is still a mystery to me.

kaalev;n8937740 said:
They removed that because they wanted to get rid of War Cry archetype. Though why did they remove it is still a mystery to me.

Wouldnt be better to get rid of the warcry than? With the warcry reworked the way it is now, it wouldnt be a problem either. In fact, its not that warcry was a problem to begin with.

I think they reworked for... reasons. Just like they reworked many things on this game (coff.... weather... coff) that created more problems than solutions.

Laveley;n8937970 said:
Wouldnt be better to get rid of the warcry than? With the warcry reworked the way it is now, it wouldnt be a problem either. In fact, its not that warcry was a problem to begin with.

I think they reworked for... reasons. Just like they reworked many things on this game (coff.... weather... coff) that created more problems than solutions.

I'd like to hear those reasons too. Game lost its charm ever since OB started.

I think the lock should work on him probably a bug and bringing him down to 5 so triss can kill him is reasonable.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Laveley;n8937720 said:

I was a big fan of Savage Bear on CB, and if i remember correctly, yes for a time he was hitting all non golds that entered board, but for another, he was like he is now - only attacked enemy ones.

And its exactly because of that change that i dont like him anymore and dont use him now, when everyone is - i used him with Harald, for damage but also self-wounding. The priestesses weren't 1point like now so i could still use them. Except now... self-damaging doesnt work.

It was the very 1st deck i crafted on Open Beta, and it took me a few days to realize it just doesnt work anymore - Warcry is nowhere nearly as powerful as it used to be, Axemen no longer boost with damaged allies, and even those berserkers (not sure if correct name) that when ressurected turned to a bear with +1 for each damaged unit on board dont work like that anymore... All we had now were the longships and clan brokvar hunters, but thanks to 'regressing', not even that works anymore. RIP Self-wounding...

I instantly thought they are buffing Bear to be harder to kill but 6 power is for sure too much. At least if they thought about that they could buff Kaedweni Siege Support too... It dies so often instantly (4 power) and is key to NR decks which is still the worst faction by the way and forces you to play always Foltest the most boring hero ability ever.

Bears too strong. Its just bear meta. They are autoincluded in 100% skellige decks. They need to nerf it to at least 5 str
Also its bugged so bears hitting harpies from eggs and lesser earth elementals that spawns AFTER round ends

Yeah, bear is super frustrating. You can't do shit about it, and they have upwards of 6 of them to play over the course of a game. You can't lock them ever because Skellige has so many other high priority locks, not that it matters anyway, because after the round they can just be Rez'd and the lock goes away. It could be in any faction and it would be one of the best cards, but it also happens to be in a faction with 3 good leaders, tons of filtering, crazy snowball in two different mechanics. Just the whole faction is way way over tuned. Ok, so its weak to weather......but its not so weak to it it can't win.

They should revert them back to the way they were. Nothing was wrong with SK having a tech card against Nilfgaard.

I don't recall anyone complaining it was an issue. Its okay for factions to have counter-play options between each other.

drzappleswag;n8941700 said:
I don't recall anyone complaining it was an issue. Its okay for factions to have counter-play options between each other.

I guess the bigger problem was with the freias on the mirror match (and the yennefer tokens). Whoever went first on 3 round pretty much won the game because the bears would completelly shut down the opp freias.

Than again, they could just make freias veterans again (an the yennefer tokens gold) and solve the problem.

Top Bottom