Season of the Dryad is here!

+
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll however never use Naglfar in my deck. I say this unapologetically....it's a BAD card.
Dominance is a fundamentally flawed mechanic at the moment and should not be tied to frost. Eredin for example should not require dominance for the added damage, it should be unconditional so long as he's on the board.
Also nobody uses Ard Gaeth, it's why they made Ge'els a tutor, in the hopes that ppl would but it's still a terrible echo even with white frost. In the past 100 matches I've probably encountered it 5 times.

Yghrn, Ozzie and Golyat are pretty much back to business as usual, pre MM but the meta has changed significantly making them somewhat lacking. I guess depending on your style of play (thrive spamming) they're still useful but most have switched to Overwhelming hunger. Again for consistency and control. Control is invaluable right now.

- The inclusion of "the big guys" is to help ya keep dominance and for Ozzy to have something to feed on on another round thus helping you with dominance for at least 2 rounds.

- About "Ard Gaeth", i agree... out of all the "echo" cards this is the most stingy, it's absolutely crucial though for the WF deck to work imo.

- About "Naglfar", well... i can't say I disagree with your statement cause in order for one to get good value out of it it has to be used no sooner than R2 and still it might brick if you haven't brought the Queen out yet or haven't drawn a lot of golds from the deck.
Too much is left to chance and going "Ge'els" to "Naglfar" makes for a slow tempo play. It works though from my experience in some kind of weird way, it's weak yeah, it might brick but it works most of the time.

- The "Ard Gaeth" and "Naglfar" cards need some kind of boost imo to make em more viable.
Maybe make Ard frost 4 turns and Naglfar change from 2 units to 3 or have it spawn frost aswell on a random row for one turn or something.

- I fully agree with you that OH and Deathwish-control is the way to go atm if we're talking competitively.

Cheers !

Last edited:
This is the WORST patch since I started to play, what's the point of rebuilding every mecanics of some dekcs every months ... This looks like CDPR devs just want to kill the fun on this game, nerfing everything instead of boosting, or bringing more options to the players... This is sad and frustrating.
"Dryad" Season sucks tho, who's hyped by those ? And seasonnal mode makes no sense to play . GJ on that, hopefully next month will be better, maybe I'll wait a month.

Guest 4368268

There's nothing inherently wrong with "reddit-driven balancing." People who post on reddit (or here) are people who play the game. Their feedback is just as (or more) valid as the "but the winrates!!" numbers. The problem is the fixes are usually needlessly convoluted and weird.
I see what you mean, but Reddit does seem to be home to a specific kind of audience. This goes for politics, sports and also videogames and thereby the Gwent players on there. In this case I'd say it seems to have far more 'casual' or uninformed people than a place like this or the people that watch pro players stream on Twitch.

It's become a meme of sorts that Redditors believe Nilfgaard to be the strongest faction regardless of the meta. The sensible explanation for this is probably that they play greedier decks in lower ranks and Nilfgaard tends to shut those down very hard. That's all just my perception of course, but that also makes me believe the dev team shouldn't be taking advice from people that don't understand the game on a high enough level.

I don't believe in the robotic approach of merely checking the numbers, but I certainly don't believe in letting outrage on Reddit dictate where to take the game. Because that's what I think Reddit mostly is, unsubstantiated outrage.

Considering it's impossible to play tall these days with the shielded duel nonsense I'm laying my MO Force deck to rest for now.
How would people feel about 12 point Speartip also being given Veil? I think playing Carapace on it is way too tall and risky but it's already so vulnerable to poisons. Keep in mind this is a 13 provision card.

We all agree Shield Wall needs fixing but I also think Rage of the Sea is too strong. It's a guaranteed 12 point leader that's removal and synergizes with GS making it easily 18 points.
Sirens should self-damage by 1 I feel. Just spawning 2 point Sirens willynilly makes it yet another pure pointslam SK leader.

Guest 4368268

Considering it's impossible to play tall these days with the shielded duel nonsense I'm laying my MO Force deck to rest for now.
How would people feel about 12 point Speartip also being given Veil? I think playing Carapace on it is way too tall and risky but it's already so vulnerable to poisons. Keep in mind this is a 13 provision card.

We all agree Shield Wall needs fixing but I also think Rage of the Sea is too strong. It's a guaranteed 12 point leader that's removal and synergizes with GS making it easily 18 points.
Sirens should self-damage by 1 I feel. Just spawning 2 point Sirens willynilly makes it yet another pure pointslam SK leader.
Monsters as a faction has been hit specifically hard by the direction the game has gone in. Old Speartip was very impressive in early HC when average 4 provision cards played for no more than 4 points, now they've crept up to 7/8 points and Old Speartip is still sitting there as a 12 for 13(!) with no ability. That's not even to mention the wide variety of tall punish it plays into. In other words it's bad when it dies but it's not even that great when it lives.

This is also a problem for bronzes like Ice Giant which was originally a solid pointslam card but has now been surpassed by 4 provision cards from all factions.

- Playing the the Old Speartip nowdays makes no sense whatsoever for the very reasons that @Nathan277 just mentioned but i get your point.
If "dominance" is what you're looking for for your WH, imo WF (White Frost) is the way to go. The idea is not to build tall but to keep your enemy from doing that.

- You could get dominance with FoN aswell but that will require you to include at least one consume unit, preferably a Barghest which could be removed aswell. Just playing tall units like Speartip will hinder you deck's prov (Yghren, Golyat are good options tho).

- I've played only once against SK RotS with my MO WF deck and lost by a small margin, i did a lot of mistakes though.
Not sure if it needs a nerf yet but yeah I agree that it's a huge point slam.

Last edited:
- Playing the the Old Speartip nowdays makes no sense whatsoever for the very reasons that @Nathan277 just mentioned but i get your point.
If "dominance" is what you're looking for for your WH, imo WF (White Frost) is the way to go. The idea is not to build tall but to keep your enemy from doing that.

- You could get dominance with FoN aswell but that will require you to include at least one consume unit, preferably a Barghest which could be removed aswell. Just playing tall units like Speartip will hinder you deck's prov (Yghren, Golyat are good options tho).

- I've played only once against SK RotS with my MO WF deck and lost by a small margin, i did a lot of mistakes though.
Not sure if it needs a nerf yet but yeah I agree that it's a huge point slam.
I don't really play Old Speartip I just found myself wondering why the Asleep version now has Veil but not the 13 provisions one. I just like the idea of playing big monsters for some reason. There's something satisfying about forcing a short round with tall units like those. I've used both Yghren and Golyat but both gets demolished by shielded Anseis so I'll wait until it's hotfixed before attempting Dominance stuff. If a Shield Wall player sees Force they will just save their Anseis/Seltkirk for the time you pop it for an easy 14 point Anseis then possibly more with a Viraxis, it's so ridiculous I just have to laugh it off.

Weather or Deathwish definitely seems to be the way to go for MO right now.

I don't really play Old Speartip I just found myself wondering why the Asleep version now has Veil but not the 13 provisions one. I just like the idea of playing big monsters for some reason. There's something satisfying about forcing a short round with tall units like those. I've used both Yghren and Golyat but both gets demolished by shielded Anseis so I'll wait until it's hotfixed before attempting Dominance stuff. If a Shield Wall player sees Force they will just save their Anseis/Seltkirk for the time you pop it for an easy 14 point Anseis then possibly more with a Viraxis, it's so ridiculous I just have to laugh it off.

- Indeed, i love that aswell, It's one of the reasons i like to play tall MOs but it's hardly viable atm.

- I aswell have had the same question for quite some time now... kinda weird tbh since it's the same monster and especially since it costs a fortune of provisions to include. 13p prov for 12p sucks @#$ !

P.S. A lot of edits cause i misclicked the "post" button, damn mob phones !
:coolstory:

Last edited:

As someone who does run spear tip in organic I wouldn't get my hopes up. I've already lost him several times against Shield/duel. All the points towards how risky tall play is completely valid, against NG...I almost always get matched with bribery players and guess who always spawns...good Ole speartip lol or if yen takes it problem again and they get a huge point swing next turn using it...adding veil just means Vincent can now take it and they can save yenvo for something else so I don't agree with Veil. Either way MO is in a bind.

Yghrn and Golyat requires last say and is still risky which too often works against you so if provision is an issue Pugo/penetent combo seems much more viable.

Last edited:
As someone who does run spear tip in organic I wouldn't get my hopes up. I've already lost him several times against duel. All the points towards how risky tall play is completely valid, against NG...I almost always get matched with bribery players and guess who always spawns lol or if yen takes it problem again...adding veil just means Vincent can now take it and they can save yenvo for something else so I don't agree with Veil. Either way MO is in a bind.

Yghrn and Golyat requires last say and is still risky which too often works against you so if provision is an issue Pugo/penetent combo seems much more viable.

I used to run Pugo, The Beast and The Count with the penitent, a nice menu Indeed ! :coolstory:

I used to run Pugo, The Beast and The Count with the penitent, a nice menu Indeed ! :coolstory:
I've always been tempted to use count but the last two expansions make it too much of a gamble even if you have last say it could backfire lol maybe with the new carapice it's worth the risk...maybe

I've always been tempted to use count but the last two expansions make it too much of a gamble even if you have last say it could backfire lol maybe with the new carapice it's worth the risk...maybe

- Enemies can remove a lot of our units indeed but they can't remove everything in one game.
NG for example most of the times will poison, Yenvo and or destroy with Vincent but having Ozzy around will boost your next round, thing is you gotta find a way to bait em to use their removals or stealing on the "wrong" cards, or give him too many targets at once. :)
It's hard to do for sure but it can be done...sometimes... :p

- Enemies can remove a lot of our units indeed but they can't remove everything in one game.
NG for example most of the times will poison, Yenvo and or destroy with Vincent but having Ozzy around will boost your next round, thing is you gotta find a way to bait em to use their removals or stealing on the "wrong" cards, or give him too many targets at once. :)
It's hard to do for sure but it can be done...sometimes... :p
With organic I could more often than not exhaust poison using cyclops and griffin/Conqueror. At least long enough to bleed them in R1 and sometimes R2. It's less successful now because Imlerith used to be a key finisher (preferable to Ozzy) but he got nerfed into Oblivion along with wrath. So now I'm using Ozzy but of course that means you have to push in R1. After the last patch if by R2 I don't have card advantage I mostly just forfeit because I know what will happen.

Don't forget NG has at least 3 tall removals that require very little or no setup outside of poison so that's easier said than done.

Last edited:
Buffing NR, nerfing MO and NG? Now I don't know about you, but I definitely DON'T think they had any plan here. Or maybe another mistake happened and they confused NR with NG/ MO/ ST/ SY? At this point I have no idea what the devs are actually doing. Seems like Gwent is low priority. Or more like INCREDIBLY low priority.

My game never crashed but today it did 3 times today it show heavy lag and visibility while playing then crash in the middle of the game :( :(

anyone happen this with them?
Post automatically merged:

Buffing NR, nerfing MO and NG? Now I don't know about you, but I definitely DON'T think they had any plan here. Or maybe another mistake happened and they confused NR with NG/ MO/ ST/ SY? At this point I have no idea what the devs are actually doing. Seems like Gwent is low priority. Or more like INCREDIBLY low priority.
Yes i saw that NR become the new NF hahahah

Is anyone else playing much of the seasonal mode this season? I've played it a lot (for me), and have been really enjoying it. It's such a weird rule, so all sorts of add cards can be useful, and there are some really fun dynamics like trying to keep vitality cards even and opponent's bleeding cards odd. I don't generally play too much damage, but this is a fun season to play with it. I've been mostly playing a pretty bad Scoiatel traps & artifacts deck, that I basically built to finish a few quests, but has turned out to be really hard to pilot but quite fun and can be pretty effective. Lots of very low tempo cards is a fun challenge.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Personally, a lot of fun on the seasonal modes is finding which factions are popular and trying to beat them with the other factions.
For example, this seasonal, NR and SK clearly dominate, with SY also being quite strong, so using ST or NG is quite interesting and i applaud anyone who also does it. I didnt even mention MO because its just awful in this seasonal, if anyone can pull that off please teach me.

I didnt even mention MO because its just awful in this seasonal, if anyone can pull that off please teach me.

I thought I'd take the challenge. I made a vampire deck, and have played a couple of games, one draw, one win. It's tricky, but giving an enemy unit bleeding if they're on odd power means that the effect is doubled, essentially, so it can be alright. However most of the vampire cards have low power and start with odd power, so getting them to stick can be a challenge.

Top Bottom