SEASON OF THE WILD HUNT IS HERE!

+
It happens in ranked too...
Also they get a "win" and vanity items, which show "status" etc.
But yeah, it is even more pitiful if they're still playing after getting all the stuff. I mean what's the point in playing 30 min matches that always go the same way? I'm asking because I don't even...

Let's make something clear:

You are allowed to dislike decks, strategies, and even players, but
you are not allowed to openly insult or otherwise disrespect other players. No matter what you think of them.

I don't dislike decks, strategies or players per se. I dislike certain behaviours.
To me to waste others time is an insult. To continue to emote while using a cheese strategy is an insult too.
The trick is no to get personal with it. I am very carefull not to specify. It is a general thing I'm against and it happens in every competitive scene.

It's called "bad sportmanship"

I folded and joined the ranks of the Damien players. From what I've found, it's just as horrible and unfun to pilot as it is to play against. It's almost Gwent's answer to those MTGA decks that rope out on both your's and your opponent's time due to the many steps that have to be taken in the turn.

It's also very binary in mirror-matches, favouring whoever gets to go first in R1. Even then, it comes down to your opponent playing dumber or greedier than you and overcomitting to getting Damien back in hand in R2, especially when you run the mill varient. If it's not a mirror, then most players forfiet as soon as they see Strategic Withdrawl, before the mulligan phase is even over in some cases. Honestly, I can't blame them for doing so.

Oh well, 10 more rounds to win and I can leave seasonal for another month. CDPR, you probably didn't intend for seasonal to be grindy, opressive and just unfun, but letting shit like this run unchecked is why players like myself and others often don't even bother playing seasonal after the first day if the cosmetics don't appeal. You might not realise it, but this also impacts our decision to how much Gwent we play in a week, too. If there's no relief from try-hard meta in either unranked or seasonal, you can bet we go play or find other games. Don't get complacent and think the good karma you've accrued in the past means you can let things slide in the present.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I really hope next month's seasonal will be better.

It will be the Season of the Wolf, and most Geralt and Witcher fans like myself will definitely want all the vanities, i've already stopped spending RP and hoarding them for next season (you probably need 120-140RP for both seasonal trees btw)

So everybody are up and arms with Damien... but what about NR? They are even worse.

So everybody are up and arms with Damien... but what about NR? They are even worse.

Nr is pretty ridiculous too but not as opressive, I've managed to win many times (my deck runs Nivellen and Blue Dream) so I usually move Defenders/Visigota then kill Visigotas left, then use Blue Dream to spawn my 2 Visigotas, which is funnily enough to win 90% of the time. Such BS is Visigota in this mode....)

It's a terrible seasonal mode, but it's an option so we shouldn't really ride CDPR too hard. Chances are it won't come back again.

I played it twice, first day, then instantly stopped. Couldn't get into the swap hands one either.

Seasonal modes should be far less weird - short timer was a much better example. No duplicates would be cool. Run a mode with half a deck size so you've got the same provs, but only need 13 cards and draw 5 per round might be interesting.

To be honest I do like the seasonal mode, enables some cool decks. People are really missing out playing the broken boring decks...

I like beast SK for this mode

Attachments

• 2019-12-19_2119_1.jpg
    2019-12-19_2119_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
I also like this Seasonal mode but the Damien spam makes it completely unfun to play... Maybe CDPR could just take this card away from the Seasonal mode?

Edited. -Drac

I'd change Damien to locking oponent's Leader Skill. That is more flavorful, less opressive and not cheeseable.
Post automatically merged:

I also like this Seasonal mode but the Damien spam makes it completely unfun to play... Maybe CDPR could just take this card away from the Seasonal mode?

Edited. -Drac

I found the analogy valid, Damien is something that appears then spreads all over killing you.
Btw the best counter is to forfeit. Sure there's strategies but the match drags so long you're better off forfeiting.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
To be honest I do like the seasonal mode, enables some cool decks. People are really missing out playing the broken boring decks...

I like beast SK for this mode

How the hell did you manage to have 3 corrupted flaminicas at those values? I would assume decoy is involved but that would only explain 2 of them...

(Nevermind, i forgot second wind, you just need one of the 1pt corrupted flaminicas to go to the graveyard)

Btw the best counter is to forfeit. Sure there's strategies but the match drags so long you're better off forfeiting.
Yep, forfiet as soon as you see Strategic Withdrawal. No cards down on the board means no win recorded for the reward book challenge. Yeah, it's dickish but I've come to the conclusion the prolonged grind doesn't actually hurt the meta anymore, given the amount of Damin being played.

How the hell did you manage to have 3 corrupted flaminicas at those values? I would assume decoy is involved but that would only explain 2 of them...

(Nevermind, i forgot second wind, you just need one of the 1pt corrupted flaminicas to go to the graveyard)

yeah you just need one of your 6 dmg point bears to kill one of the 1p Flaminicas then secondwind it, kill the new one point Flaminica, then use Renew. Check my graveyard there's like 18-19 beasts there Xd

If you like the deck I'll share it
Post automatically merged:

Yep, forfiet as soon as you see Strategic Withdrawal. No cards down on the board means no win recorded for the reward book challenge. Yeah, it's dickish but I've come to the conclusion the prolonged grind doesn't actually hurt the meta anymore, given the amount of Damin being played.

Sad as it is I concurr.

What the hell. It says Season lasts till january 9th and it ended today January 2nd. I did quest for nothing. I had already 27/30 round wins in seasonal for cardback and season ended earlier...thank you very much.
Now I can’t get it ’cause your information is not correct.

What the hell. It says Season lasts till january 9th and it ended today January 2nd. I did quest for nothing. I had already 27/30 round wins in seasonal for cardback and season ended earlier...thank you very much.
Yee, I'm in the same boat, got 24/30 to finish that quest and the season died on me :(((( It says Jan 9 CDPR, I want that cardback ! :D

The season is still going on (until 9th January). You can make the seasonal quests., the seasonal trees stay until the end of the season. Only the Yule Challenge ends today.

The season is still going on (until 9th January). You can make the seasonal quests., the seasonal trees stay until the end of the season. Only the Yule Challenge ends today.

Thanks
Then it must be bugged because Seasonal mode and quests disappeared from my game.

Top Bottom