Self-driving vehicles?

+
2. You'd have no control meaning you'll get stuck in traffic somewhere, get bored when it takes too long and decide to drive yourself or just fast travel.
3. Think about these suggestions from the point of player experience before making these posts based on something you saw someone say somewhere. Does it really add anything of value to the player experience? Is it worth investing time and resources? This is not.

2) I know no-one in here likes comparisons with gta5 but even there you can take a taxi and skip the drive whenever you get bored or stuck in traffic ^^
3) just because its not the experience you would like, doesn't mean other player wouldn't like these experience. how can u judge if it would add anything for their experience? you simply can't.

So you are saying that NPC actor told to "drive to so and so" will drive the car thru NC to the destination and NOT "get stuck in traffic"?
That has been proven now?
What do you take the Reds for? That problem was already addressed during development.

To my guess, they invented a mechanic that was suppose to execute public transport with buses, taxis and seemingly your companion following you by controlling one of your vehicles.

The companion driving behind you needs some more work, as they quickly lose track of you and crash, but the companion controlling your car with you in it, works flawlessly.

Unfortunately, the bigger the vehicle, the worse the mechanic starts to perform, as bigger vehicles like trucks and buses, need to take turns wider, but are stuck on the path of a car, and thus make turns like a car does which makes them coming up way too short, and sustain damage, up to a point they render themselves to destruction.

What the OP wants, is for our vehicles to drive on their own without a companion to any destination on the map. The mechanic that the AMM provides, unfortunately, does not work that way. You have to at all times select a companion to sit on the driver's seat, and you can only select a Fast Travel Point as a destination.

When your companion is controlling the vehicle you're in, no traffic is spawned on the path your vehicle is going to take. So no getting stuck in traffic. (Should be instated in real life).

Below is a vid demonstrating how it works. Was testing a mod that boosted the spawning of traffic and NPCs to the max, just to see how and if the cab could even reach the destination.

And this vid shows the current behavior of companions driving behind you.

Last edited:
Below is a vid demonstrating how it works. Was testing a mod that boosted the spawning of traffic and NPCs to the max, just to see how and if the cab could even reach the destination.
Not bad, not bad at all :)
I Imagine that if there is a roadblock like sometimes with the maelstromers, the car would crash in it (but I remember that it was also the case with Rogue^^)

Not bad, not bad at all :)
I Imagine that if there is a roadblock like sometimes with the maelstromers, the car would crash in it (but I remember that it was also the case with Rogue^^)
I think that it would either despawn, or the vehicle would go straight through it, as it seems to not register any obstacles at all in its path.

Where we go, we don't need roads :D
You know, I seem to remember that back in the 80's, people were of a believe that cars would be flying some 40, 50 years later.

well its a strange 50 50 concept going on here some would like to be driven around in cars like delemains and some that would rather drive. The fact some of these cars in the lore do have an auto pilot computer onboard. Also do not get me wrong but i think looking back driving as a whole needs to be revamped. Such as traffic responses which i find annoying when i drive around and theirs an npc car sitting there not even close to a junction or traffic light or even parked. Then you have the handling and as much as it pains me to say GTA 5 vehicles have way way much better handling be it driving fast or driving normally because in cyberpunk driving is slippery and lacks grip. Also being stuck in traffic if games like Watch dogs legion can make a reliable enough system which is made by ubisoft and feel free to disagree ubisoft out of all people who seem to be downgrading their games have made auto drive and i do not see myself getting stuck in traffic in the game. I think again this has to do with cyberpunks troubled npc driving where they get impatient or just do not move other then that i think auto drive in cyberpunk 2077 would work if again the npc reacted normally to the driving law. I think they could make auto drive but have the option to skip the journey like you can in missions where your an passenger Just imagine sitting in delemains cab using the screen in the back seat to set your destination would add to immersion like they said in the 2018 demo that 40 minute one calling it an immersive game. If that was true they would at least pay attention to the way a car drives too the only thing i like about the cars really are the interiors exteriors and the horns. Also i did not say that i want everyone to agree with me i said it would be nice not that i want it in right now of course there will be many people who disagree with me and they have the right to do so if they wish this is just my opinions on the driving. Some people may think the driving is okay or that auto drive is useless but not to everyone. Like i said before they probably could really work on the whole driving system and add auto drive as an option in an later dlc or update who knows im just adding to the conversation of an topic i like in the game i just wish they worked on the game a few more years to give us the promised stuff in the game but i will not give up on cyberpunk 2077. I am sorry for my conversation being long i just like adding in everything i got to say

I reckon they should just redo the driving as a whole its a big ask but the driving as a whole lacks grip on vehicles that should have such as bikes and all that such as when i go around a corner even a 30 mph the bike skids out of control randomly. They also need to fix the npcs that drive cars in the recent update i find many of them idle in the middle of the road or at intersections and green lights i even find them idle on the highway and sometimes they will just darn right spawn out of no where and cause me to rear end them. There also needs to be better speed control so i can drive normally and enjoy the lights of Night city. It would help if the steering would grip too so i can corner properly and not skid out of control theirs so many thing they could fix about driving but even in the new updates i find the driving a bit lack in character. They could also add the auto drive in a driving revamp to give them time to add AI paths and nodes this could be a future update or maybe the next DLC who knows i can not predict the future but i can give my opinions and hope for the best CDPR give it some thought.

pretty much what I think as well - but that would need a real overhaul of the AI, you can't fix it with the current one... they already tried and didn't improve much - if at all... patching either ncpd, crowd or car ai won't help - it would need a ground up clean new coding from the scratch. and that most probably won't happen at all.

I reckon they should just redo the driving as a whole its a big ask but the driving as a whole lacks grip on vehicles that should have such as bikes and all that such as when i go around a corner even a 30 mph the bike skids out of control randomly. They also need to fix the npcs that drive cars in the recent update i find many of them idle in the middle of the road or at intersections and green lights i even find them idle on the highway and sometimes they will just darn right spawn out of no where and cause me to rear end them. There also needs to be better speed control so i can drive normally and enjoy the lights of Night city. It would help if the steering would grip too so i can corner properly and not skid out of control theirs so many thing they could fix about driving but even in the new updates i find the driving a bit lack in character. They could also add the auto drive in a driving revamp to give them time to add AI paths and nodes this could be a future update or maybe the next DLC who knows i can not predict the future but i can give my opinions and hope for the best CDPR give it some thought.
Assuming you play with a mouse & key, most annoyances you mention, can fairly accurately be remedied using the CVO mod. Would also recommend that you ask a forum moderator to move your post to Suggestions for CDPR to consider.

Can also ask the devs in Suggestions to consider implementing something like the
CMS mod, so everyone on all platforms can customize their vehicles to their own liking.

actually i play with controller for the more responsive touch but i will probably look into modding not like they can do a no mans sky on this game at least not yet. But car customization mod like you said would be pretty cool touch so we can add what we want. Thing is though as much as mods are cool this really should of been added like they promised a while back which is why i said they should revamp all of the driving since i have driven with both keyboard and controller both feel to slippery for my liking. I also said in a future update or the dlc coming out in 2023 idk and i would like to know how to forward this to the moderator but i started on the forums literally yesterday i tried looking and thought this subject would be close enough but if someone would tell me how to forward to moderators i would be very grateful.

Last edited:
thank you
Heh, I'd love to help you out there, but that post is a bit of a collage of different topics. :p

Are you primarily asking for better controlling vehicles...or for customization options? (If both, go ahead and write a different post for each topic, and ping me like @LeKill3rFou does above in each. I will then teleport your posts to the proper boards using the power of internetting.)

Sorry about that i should of probably put it in different subjects it was basically about vehicle handling i thought all the subjects would come under it but i do intend to get carried away when writing my opinions but a bit of a silly question how do i ping the subject that i talk about to moderators like yourself because i only started 2 days ago and im getting use to the lay out because i do not join many forums often so im getting use to what some of the stuff means. It probably sounds dumb but it is what it is but if you could tell me how to ping them to the right boards or to moderators i would greatly appreciate it thank you:D

if you could tell me how to ping them
You simply write "@" then the few first letters, a list should appear with members/moderators ;)
(the member mentioned, the moderator in this case, will receive a notification/alert, like you have right now @Delemain101)
^ Like so! Feel free! It's just the system we use with all new members. Anti-spam thing. You'll be able to post freely once you've racked up 10 posts in total. Just go ahead and post your posts, and I'll repost any postings post haste. (Or as soon as I see them. :ok:)

will do probably like you said will shorten them down and try to merge it closely to one subject most likely just rewrite them to make more sense

Top Bottom