Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I just had a game where I was leading by one card and all I had to do was pass the turn since I already had a card with resilience there from the previous round and my enemy forfeited his turn... BUT I totally forget and derp and throw down one card thus robbing myself of the advantage! lmao, then I just Alt+F4. :giveup: Wtf was my brain doing?!!???
Well I know what happened, it's just that it's a new deck and play-style for me so I am totally not used to having units left over from a previous round. :[ lol

I made a quest deck full of Deathblows, and Spying units like Duchess's Informant are great Deathblow targets. Ran into an Assimilate deck, and... well, a lot of cloning certain soldiers took place. I used an Offering to recycle one Pikemen from my graveyard, which got that tooltip stuck.
Sure was a strange, and genuinely fun, match. :ROFLMAO:
2020-09-16_0927_1.jpg

Only one Pikemen was played from hand.

I remembered another weird match-up that happened a year and a half ago. I played witcher deck against discard; at some point opponent drops count Coldwell, I play Trial of Grasses on Vesemir waiting for opponents last card. Which was adrenaline rush (with its previous effect of giving/taking away resilience); I didn't expect that card, but I never thought it would be played on Coldwell, and with him coming to my side I got Head start achievment.
If I didn't get Head start in that game, I would've gotten it today (although it is more of an unusual play than unusual match) when I decided to copy Vandergrift with Imposter and stole the original with Vattier (played against Shieldwall). My only regret is that I didn't stick to the plan of buffing Vandergrift to be my largest target via resurrected temerian drummer - in that case the best duel target for opponent would've been 7.

Guest 4368268

quitelarge (2).jpg

When you manage to somehow keep both Smugglers and Dunca alive in a long R1, Aglais can get pretty chunky :ok:

I know a tie game in A mirror match its not so unusual. Afterall they have The same cards (or almost The same) and should performance e qual.

Well, but when its a rank game and both players are using The same meme deck, thats a little unusual

Screenshot_20200920-153836_Gwent.jpg

My yeneffer its in front row because my oppenent used his yeneffer when He was with more units on The gorund, so i used yeneffer in The next turn to counter it.

Unfortunly He consume his yeneffer

A few days ago i got some inspiration and i did a few meme SK decks:

- a queensguard deck, just focused on putting as many warriors on the board, to have massive Draig Bon Duh like the old times, but it ended up too meta, with Cerys and Harald and other staples

- a full on bear deck. Literally, it had every single bear SK has access to, it was fun for nostalgia of Olaf+Hym/Knut combo, one of the first i used on Gwent HC almost 2 years ago. But it was too pointslammy and kinda weak

- a proper healing deck. It might look like a warrior deck at 1st since i used rage of the sea, might have looked like a battle trance alchemy deck since it had crows and quite a few alchemy, but it was something different. Played Operator on GS and confused so many players. But the stars were Heymaey Flaminica and Yoanna, two of my favourite cards, which do wonders on full rows with 3GS+ other self damaging units.

Quite the scene.jpg

And with this deck i got my 2000th SK Win.
The 2000th was actually against a poor noob who kept making mistake after mistake, so i share a much cooler screenshot of one of the last matches.

Now i'll stop playing SK until the next expansion. :sleep:

I come to you once more, with the finest of memes...

So, for someone so dedicated to meme decks and cards, i have played with Syanna very little. And i decided to combine her with another meme staple, that i havent played for months: good ol' Shupe.
But not that reliable 8pt shupe, nahhh... the good meme stuff, the 2pt one.
In particular, the 13pt random damage one. So, with Syanna, that is 26 random pings (usually killing Syanna in the process :shrug: )

I lost so many times with this deck (NR Shieldwall, to protect Syanna and to pretend im strong). Because i either faced decks that would counter my Syanna, or just pointslam fests like MO or Nature's Gift, where i pulled off my combo early R3, nuked the whole board, but then i had nothing left meanwhile they still had tons of points.

But the best match happened vs a Ursine Ritual... i thought he was Lippy, but nope. I managed to win R1, but then on R3, i get to play my Syanna Shupe Combo after some mindgames... but i dont get the 13pt damage option which is what i was going for... so i went for the 'random unit move to the other side of the board' and this deserved to be on the Great Dandelion Show:

Best Match of the Month - Holy Shupe RNG.jpg

My jaw dropped, talk about a highroll...
But when i thought the memes were over, my opponent ALSO plays his Syanna!
I didnt figure out for what it was... it was for Kambi double discard. And lucky again i was, that my 2 rightmost cards were crap and i managed to win this memefest! Kudos to my opponent.

Best Match of the Month - Result.jpg

I probably have played like 300-400 matches this month so far, and this was my favourite.

rrc

Forum veteran

So, for someone so dedicated to meme decks and cards, i have played with Syanna very little. And i decided to combine her with another meme staple, that i havent played for months: good ol' Shupe.
In particular, the 13pt random damage one. So, with Syanna, that is 26 random pings (usually killing Syanna in the process :shrug: )

I lost so many times with this deck (NR Shieldwall, to protect Syanna and to pretend im strong). Because i either faced decks that would counter my Syanna, or just pointslam fests like MO or Nature's Gift, where i pulled off my combo early R3, nuked the whole board, but then i had nothing left meanwhile they still had tons of points.

But the best match happened vs a Ursine Ritual... i thought he was Lippy, but nope. I managed to win R1, but then on R3, i get to play my Syanna Shupe Combo after some mindgames... but i dont get the 13pt damage option which is what i was going for... so i went for the 'random unit move to the other side of the board' and this deserved to be on the Great Dandelion Show:

View attachment 11061023

I didnt figure out for what it was... it was for Kambi double discard. And lucky again i was, that my 2 rightmost cards were crap and i managed to win this memefest! Kudos to my opponent.

View attachment 11061026

I probably have played like 300-400 matches this month so far, and this was my favourite.
If you opponent played Shupe and pulled back his rightful Champion and Priest, it would have been the BEST of the BEST! You would have lost the game, but damn.. that would have given you more joy than winning 100 games.

View attachment 11061023

View attachment 11061026

Your opponent was using Fuchsia Brief's deck.

Well, congrats, 2 meme decks and you win.

I was doing the "spawn units" quest, and I guess my opponent may have been as well:
2020-09-23_1022_1 - Copy.jpg

Roderick was the last card played this round. He pulled the 4-power guy on the right (can't remember his name), who then spawned the Spotter, filling my side of the board and forcing me to take the round loss.
First time I've had a match where the entire board is literally full.

Edit: It's Ramon, isn't it? Ffion, Affan, and Ramon.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the new Nova Ball deck?
My opponent apparently hasnt either, and he seemed quite shocked :shrug:

Im a Magician.jpg

So lets clarify what happened, for those who cant figure it out:
Ciri Nova doesnt get her resilience unless all cards on that deck are below 10 provisions. I satisfy that condition, obviously.
Masquerade Ball is 15 provisions. But i got this Ball from a single Master Mirror transform on R1 and kept it for R3.

I really REALLY hate Ball, this is the only way i end up playing it i guess. I even missed 2 aristocrats to fully trigger it (still had 2 in deck), but the opponent forfeited earlier, when i wiped out his symbiosis engines row with surrender, another card he definitely wasnt expecting :cool:

Just saw this on Watchflake's stream and had to share it as it was one of the most glorious things I've ever seen in gwent.

Syanna into double Caranthir spawning double Weavess

Got to witness quadruple werecat and quadruple manticore wiping out Watchflake's board.

Unfortunately game ended at 4 cards remaining as both players passed, but that was one of the coolest Syannas combos i've ever seen.

Screenshot_20201029_111544_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just saw this on Watchflake's stream and had to share it as it was one of the most glorious things I've ever seen in gwent.

Syanna into double Caranthir spawning double Weavess

Got to witness quadruple werecat and quadruple manticore wiping out Watchflake's board.

Unfortunately game ended at 4 cards remaining as both players passed, but that was one of the coolest Syannas combos i've ever seen.

The opponent must've been part of the Briefs Drawer. Nicely done.

You're welcome.

That moment when you play Ihuarraquax in to Villentretenmerth in round 1 and also draw out the opponent's Syanna and ruin his entire gameplan:ohstopit:

Might also worth mentioning the opponent afterwards used Syanna on Matta and Syanna only seems to double deploy the first of Matta's actions (opponent draws his lowest provision card) and not the second one (draw you're highest provision card) ending up in me drawing 2 lowest provision cards and he drawing only 1 highest provision card, so Matta is probably the worst deploy Card to use with Syanna because you would end up giving the opponent Card Advantage.

That moment when you play Ihuarraquax in to Villentretenmerth in round 1 and also draw out the opponent's Syanna and ruin his entire gameplan:ohstopit:

Might also worth mentioning the opponent afterwards used Syanna on Matta and Syanna only seems to double deploy the first of Matta's actions (opponent draws his lowest provision card) and not the second one (draw you're highest provision card) ending up in me drawing 2 lowest provision cards and he drawing only 1 highest provision card, so Matta is probably the worst deploy Card to use with Syanna because you would end up giving the opponent Card Advantage.
Problably The opponent stayed with 10 cards when He draws The first card

Top Bottom