Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I played a match last night that was invaded by a giant cave troll! No idea what happened, must have been some weird visual glitch. When the game started it just sat there and wouldn‘t budge :oops:wtf! Couldn’t see the board, couldn’t see any cards so the match developed into some sort of mental chess type thing:ROFLMAO:
Needless to say, I lost the game, but it was definitely fun and weirdView attachment 11209093
Hahahahaha i am lol with this.

One time i have a visual bug too, but it was only a Black spot in The board and i Also cant see The board

Witchers against insects.
1618323467617.png

I don’t know if this is an error or simply an interesting implementation.

I was playing SK restless fury against NG imprisonment. First round, my opponent burned his leader charges, then stole my ability with Anna Henrietta. In third round, I play Triss Telekinesis into my opponent’s imperial diplomacy. To my surprise, imperial diplomacy gave me a choice of SK (not NG) units. I guess diplomacy looks at current leader ability rather than starting deck when determining one’s faction.

I was playing my Radeyah Shupe Master Mirror ST deck in seasonal, and had won R1 with Mahakam Horn. I'd also gotten an ultra highroll with Uma into Gascon who boosted by 11 (the maximum), which is definitely unusual. :p

R2 I got Resilience Shupe, which naturally became a target for damage. Master MIrror was also in play, and I got a second Horn from Hattori. I'd won R1 one card down, and my last card R2 was a useless Brouver that Mirror had given me. Playing Brouver left me a few points behind, so what does the opponent do?

Passes without playing anything more, and my Horn wins me the game. I don't know how the opponent didn't remember that Horn was a thing when I'd just played one in R1. :LOL:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Lately, I have been getting a lot of quests to play 30 or 60 special cards. So I designed a deck with as many special cards as one can fit. I use 13 four provision units, 27 four provision special cards, 1 five provision special card, and a leader that plays a special card (battle trance). Thus, I have lots of potential to play a special virtually every round.

Of course, as you might expect, it is an awful deck if your goal is to win the round. But one of the beauties of the deck is that it is so bad most players pass round one knowing I will go down two or three cards and a leader charge to win round 1 — so I almost never lose 2-0.

Interestingly, on my latest quest, this deck won all four matches necessary to complete the quest — all because my opponent forfeited. One forfeit was immediately upon queuing me. I assume it was because either the player didn’t like either the matchup or his initial hand. Obviously, he didn’t know the junk I was playing. One was playing a “quest” deck that was even worse than mine. One forfeited midway through round two for no reason I could see. But my favorite was when I queued into a NG mill player. After two consecutive plays milling junk (all I have is junk), the player suddenly forfeited. Maybe he noticed my deck still held something like 29 cards! Of course, had he thought further, he would have realized that he didn’t need to empty my deck to beat what I was playing.

Just had an unusual moment, playing casual:

I was playing my reworked version of pirates (setting it up for the patch), with reckless flurry, my opponent was NR shield wall, but not the standard version, this one had foltest pride, dun banners and nenneke.

I pass R1 and he's forced to use all 3 charges to avoid losing CA... then on R2 he bleeds me. I do give him a pass at the end, but im able to retain leader for a short R3 with even cards.

Luckily reckless flurry ignores armor, so im able to wipe his board... then i see something ive never seen in thousands of hours of gwent: the saddest draug ever, on a completely empty board! I didnt feel sorry for my opponent, it was a terrible decision to bleed me R2 when he should have gone for the long round with Draug and engines. :shrug:

Today i played many hours, but the best matches were the ones in the last hour or so:

-The first was using my crow messenger deck (you can check it on the thread 'Deck of the Day'), and i was facing a beginner - he played decently, but his NG deck was quite vanilla, and after a failed bleed on R2, i managed to have double last say on R3.
I didnt manage to use my Dudu on crow messengers earlier, so i had it in hand, and i suspected something devious would come up...
When he played skellen, alone on back row, i killed it easily with delirium. Then he played Damien, i started my evil laughter. I locked it, with the lock i usually save on all NG matches for possible elder bears, but waited until he passed and used imposter leader, THEN i dudu'ed his Damien, i believe this was my 1st SK Damien ever, and hit him with 6 reckless flurry charges...

SK Damien.jpg

I think i traumatized this player to never play Damien or Skellen ever again :giveup:

-------------------------------

-Then, there were two matches with my frost devotion deck.
The first was against... dwarf armor, so i think i was unfavoured. But on a full R3 somehow managed to win, due to a combination of well timed moves, like moving his Brouver to a row with no armored dwarves, or selecting the optimal engine order; due to getting all the cards i needed, like a WH purify for his defender, so i could hit his giant brouver with my imlerith's wrath; and finally, he not playing Yrden, or i would have lost for sure!

Amazing Match - Biggest Foglet Ever.jpg

Is this the biggest foglet you've ever seen? Boosted strictly with his ability, no external boosts!

Finally, the last match, was this frost deck vs a SY witch hunter bounty deck.
Another intense R3: It was really really close, managed to kill his scarabs and move caleb with leader charges, but he still had freakshow on melee that was destroying everything, so my frost started really late, and so was my defender.
But his second to last card was a professor that didnt kill anything, but gave bounty to my defender... i still had my purify, used it and like i suspected, it bricked his Graden, so i managed to win closely.

Props to these last 2 players, they were very good matches and if all players were like these, i wouldnt be mad at netdeckers all the time :ok:

I had another interesting moment playing my stupid special card quest deck that plays 13 four provision units, 27 four provision special cards, and 1 five provision special card.

I was playing dual casting seasonal (to play special cards even faster) on blue coin with 6 cards left in my hand in round 1. I was up 9-0 with nothing in hand that would play for significant value so I pass to avoid losing on even — hoping to maybe get a dry pass on round two so I can play three rounds of spells.

With 6 cards in his hand, my opponent plays Canterella into Golden Froth. With no units of his own, my opponent is forced to boost my units.

With 5 cards in hand, now down 14-0, my opponent plays leader (double cross) and selects a 2 point An Craite Armorsmith (probably in preference to cards like Spring Equinox and Crow’s eye), then plays a Viper Witcher Alchemist, trading down to my four provision junk.

With 4 cards left, my opponent plays a Viper Witcher Mentor for 4 points. Still behind, my opponent forfeited.

Amazingly, a 9 point lead held up through four plays (including leader)! Sometimes it is really hilarious to play a garbage deck against Nilfgaard.

I ran into some kind of an Insectoid deck while playing my Rience hyperthin. It was Arachas Swarm, and I was more than a little surprised when the opponent's opening move was full Leader into Arachas Behemoth. I was expecting the usual swarm deck, but this one was certainly way more interesting.

My deck was a bit too efficient with thinning as I ended up with 0 cards in deck R3, with a bricked Affan and a dead Yennefer: Divination in hand. :LOL:
Invo saved me from the latter, and Affan I (naturally) played after emoting "Watch this".

(Rience destroyed a 10-power Endrega Queen with his Deploy, so he definitely pulled his weight!)

Have you guys seen this rare species of "NR She Who Knows"?

NR She Who Knows FTW.jpg

Best part was he had already commited heatwave on the previous round to destroy my resilient Vandergrift, while i spent my shielded anseis to destroy his resilent Gabor...
I guess he who resilients last, resilients best, since this gave me the win. Praise RNGesus!!! :smart:
Post automatically merged:

Today, 'Cosimo Productions' presents...

SY Shani.jpg

SY Shani!

It's funny that i was playing on seasonal, so only 8 seconds turn, playing Cosimo is wild since you have to react to whatever you get, i got Shani, didnt have time to think so i revived a peaches, but there was also a 3pt executioner, i chose peaches but then i kicked myself because i had no coins for her to boost, so i had chosen the executioner...
But then i remembered Shani revives but doesnt let you play the human, so no deploy effects, so if i had done that i would've lost instead of a tie :oops:

On another match, i played Cosimo next to Walter Veritas and he instant died... It took me like 3 minutes to figure out a theory, i think it transformed into Yghern and immediately burned without armor, although it didnt show into what it transformed not even for a fraction of a second.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Forgive my hubris, but yesterday i built another masterpiece of memes.
Its still being calibrated and tested, but the final version will be shared on the 'deck of the day' thread soon.

Anyway, i dont want to spoil what im trying to do with it - perceptive players will probably figure it out - but in this match, my opponent decided to thwart my nefarious plans, which lead to the following moments...

Joachim deck vs She Who Knows (R1).jpg

Joachim deck vs She Who Knows (R2).jpg

Yeah, i played 6 She Who Knows...
And its a LIE! That thing they said when she was released, that it was random which of the SWK gets resilience from each, so when i have 4, in theory i can get either 1,2,3 or all 4 in the next turn...

Well, it either is a LIE, or im the most unlucky Gwent player ever, because i had 3 SWK at the end of R1, and 4 at the end of R2, and in both times, only one got carried over to next round (and it was even the 4pt one, on R2) :giveup:

Just a laugh to share. The first scoundrell I met on the battlefield pulled my Whisperer (viel) and went home in shame (insta-forfeit):howdy:

• RED Point

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just a laugh to share. The first scoundrell I met on the battlefield pulled my Whisperer (viel) and went home in shame (insta-forfeit):howdy:
That's why R1/2 Scoundrels should always play tribute, which is very cheap anyway - not just for selecting the target and avoiding those situations, but for the information you get, most decks use 2 of each bronze and you can guess whats in hand and whats not, how many golds are in hand, its its a special heavy deck, etc...

• RED Point
Just suffered the worst scorch of my life...

Was playing Patience is a Virtue seasonal mode, as one does, and it was R3.

I had a good advantage over my opponent.
He plays NG Defender to protect his Alzur.
I reset it with Yrden, as i had no better choices that turn.
Then, i get a great oak, and i need to put him on back row, do the math so he does 5dmg to kill the defender.
As i do, i noticed he boosts to 10... and i also had a Golyat in that row.
I immediately start praying 'please dont have scorch or igni' repeatedly.
And of course, what comes next? A SCORCH!!!
It was not just a 10x2pt scorch, oh no. One of my scorched units was a Golyat, so it summons his highest unit from deck (Ciri Nova). And he had an Alzur on board, and Scorch is a Spell, so it also spawned a Radeyah...
:giveup:

Wait, why am i writing it, i got this "beautiful" moment captured:

Please dont have scorch - has scorch (before).jpg

Probably one of the few times I had actually fun playing against Clog adding Igor to the Deck already paid off.

Screenshot_2021-11-21-17-54-29-871_com.cdprojektred.gwent.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-21-18-00-18-886_com.cdprojektred.gwent.jpg

Luckily he didn't play the final Card in Round 2 (the second Philipa is a visual bug, it's the flying Redanian), because winning Round 3 with Passiflora after clogging his Deck too was pretty easy.

Last edited:
I decided to play a ranked game just to get those sweet Reward Points when the season ends on Tuesday, and it was an interesting match.

The opponent was probably a newer player judging by how they played (I'm at rank 25 as I don't play much), but RNG was definitely on my side as well.

The opponent killed my Knickers (how mean!) with Treason, but I had Assire in hand and used her to shuffle Knickers back into my deck. Goodest boy returned at the end of that same turn.

I had a few Golds left in my deck when I played Roderick, and not only did I hit Musicians of Blaviken (yes, this was not a competitive deck) but I also highrolled the resiliency status on the card's deploy.

The opponent played Imperial Golem, which revealed... my Imperial Golem. Instant death. That was hilarious!

Such a good boy he is. Espacially if you pass in R1 or R2, oponent tempos ahead for 1 or 2 points and he jumps right out and forces your oponent to play another card. hrhrhr.

But don't forget to feed him properly or he'll become lazy. Lately I was playing some NG-TD and we had a rather short R1 and R2 so I had SSW and Nickers left for R3. SSW droped with 3 other cards in my hand and 3 cards left in deck - drew me Nickers. Lost the game one card short.
But I forgive him. He's such a good boy an' sooo cute:sleep:

The match before this wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but the achievement I got afterwards was a bit funky:

Gwent.jpg

Top Bottom