So, Everybody Knows There Will Be a 100% Wipe, Right?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Everybody Knows There Will Be a 100% Wipe, Right?

As it says in the title, the wipe was confirmed and expect the official statement soon...

I say this is fair... In fact, I've always been saying that even though I own every card in the game.

Now who would have expected that?

Welp, see ya guys around at Release. (Am I disappointed? Yes. Is it important? No.)
:cheers:

Disappointing, but I thought it might happen. I'm out till full release.

The grinding is too much and this seems more like a band-aid to fix bad matchmaking.

So I've been playing 4 hours every day to pretty well complete my collection since I know I won't have time in the summer to do so...

so...

:(

i wonder if they will give any extra gift apart from the aimated geralt.

i like the game,and i will continue to play in the beta and provide feedback,i dont disagree with the account reset,but on the other hand i know i will be sad for about an hour after my account gets wiped clean FeelsBadMan.

lets hope these 2-3 months pass fast :).

Whoooo! Pretty excited for the wipe honestly. Hopefully it is after the NG patch so that we can test them with full collections.

This game is dying... Wait, what!? Actually, I should say: "The beta is dying". Well, it's all the same at this point.

:hmm:

I do not understand the devs. If they want us to test out the game, then just give all the cards (or at least give them gradually). I'll still gladly try out a lot of different decks in order to learn more about the game tactics. But I don't want to grind a week (1 tier a day), just to get a legendary I cannot keep, just for the sake of testing.

well, getting cards is way too easy anyway

aving nearly full collection after not spending real money and playing casually 1-2 hours per day after 3 months of beta isnt serious

I am really surprised by the reaction, I have to say.
It is beta and it's only logical that there will be reset. I don't play Gwent to collect the cards. I, actually, test different builds to form an opinion and give a feedback.
Besides, it wouldn't be fair to those who will join at the release. Not their fault they couldn't participate in closed beta.
And, in the same video, CDPR representative mentioned that they'll think of something to reward the testers so they won't feel like they spent their time for nothing...

Riven-Twain;n7603730 said:
Could you provide a source for this confirmation, please?
Oops, my bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmBrhZJE_s

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n7604280 said:
I don't play Gwent to collected the cards. I, actually, test different builds to form an opinion and give a feedback.

Yes, but...

4RM3D;n7604010 said:
I do not understand the devs. If they want us to test out the game, then just give all the cards (or at least give them gradually). I'll still gladly try out a lot of different decks in order to learn more about the game tactics. But I don't want to grind a week (1 tier a day), just to get a legendary I cannot keep, just for the sake of testing.

I've been expecting this wipe for some time now. Too bad about my collection of 200+ different cards.

If you give out all the cards at once, people will easily overlook cards that aren't obviously powerful but if you give people limited access to new cards, they are more likely to try out the cards that aren't obviously powerful.

There were casual (unofficial!) discussions about allowing testers complete access to everything and seeing what blew up. But it wouldn't be terribly effective right now as building the keg system, card randomization, seeing how that buildup affects the game, people's reactions, etc. is a very big part of developing the game, too. Later on, a stretch of totally open decks may happen...then again, it may not. All depends on how things work out.

Kind of like "The Wipe". It may happen. It may not. Can't tell until the moment arrives. Hell...it may even happen more than once. Be ready for anything.

Now...stand strong, Beta Corps! No matter what comes through that development gate, we will hold our ground! For [InsertPreferredGwentFactionHere]!!!

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n7604320 said:
No, they're not testing just gameplay. Aslo, things like ranking, rewards, leveling up, card rate, the ever-whined about matchmaking, etc...

Nothing you mentioned is mutually exclusive with giving everyone cards to test out stuff. The only negative effect I can think of is having skewed statistics about card usage.

4RM3D;n7604400 said:
Nothing you mentioned is mutually exclusive with giving everyone cards to test out stuff. The only negative effect I can think of is having skewed statistics about card usage.
Huh? How can you track statistics how long does it take on average to complete the collection? Just one example. The nuances are endless...

Also, I think SigilFey explained it better.

HenryGrosmont;n7604320 said:
No, they're not testing just gameplay. Aslo, things like ranking, rewards, leveling up, card rate, the ever-whined about matchmaking, etc...
Quite so. The purpose of the beta has been to test the game's various systems, not merely the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom