So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Even though that may be true, that's not how it was advertised. Last gen players still make up most of the market and are understandably disappointed. CDPR didn't even announce a next gen upgrade until earlier this year... Well into the development cycle. Everyone thought the game would also be optimized on last gen. Currently, it's in an unacceptable state.

Correct. I think the blame is ultimately on CDPR for grossly misunderstanding just how much optimizaiton work needed to be done to have the game run well.

Only 5am in Warsaw, Poland, some of their employees have no clue and are going to wake up to this...

I have a question for all of you.

Would all of this backlash would have occurred if this wasn't released on last generation?

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be on last generation. I don't care if you have last generation or current generation, PC, or still playing on NES.
Not nearly as bad I say this because the console players have filled up reddit and steam with their negative experience which is only fair but you can't find a positive thing about the game even though the reviews are quite good on steam. It would still have backlash and CDPR would fix it but yeah. But I think that CDPR should have waited for all console version to be finished, not even PS5 or XBSX is good enough for it, it still sucks.

If the game really was designed for the PS5 and Xbox Series SX instead of the older consoles they should've waited until those versions were ready to release the game. As it is now if you bought the game for the newer consoles you get the older console version and could get an upgrade later.

Facts are the facts. Fact's don't care about feelings.
No what I'm saying is there is a very crystal clear reason why technical issues exist.
Don't have to go to far into the technical aspects to see why they exist.
And the facts are well facts.
I won't state them though.

Good. I don't like circular arguments either, especially when people go to "I'mright.com" to prove they have "facts".

Again, those are console exclusives funded by Sony & Microsoft to work on consoles then are later released on PC a year later once they figure out how to optimise it. Cyberpunk was the other way around it was PC first and then optimised on console they had even addressed this that they waited too late to fix it up for consoles.
CP2077 is much, MUCH different than Red Dead Redemption 2 etc. that play well on last generation. In terms of how demanding it is on hardware. With max settings, can't get more than 30 FPS on a $1500 GPU in native 4k. This is nothing as demanding as RDR2.

Correct. I think the blame is ultimately on CDPR for grossly misunderstanding just how much optimizaiton work needed to be done to have the game run well.

They getting hammered due to manipulating the pre-launch review process. Deliberately held back console play footage. All the streamers were given pc keys only but had to agree to not share any of their in game footage. Only show CDProject pre-approved footage on their end.

Don't know about you but that's downright shady, lol

If the game really was designed for the PS5 and Xbox Series SX instead of the older consoles they should've waited until those versions were ready to release the game. As it is now if you bought the game for the newer consoles you get the older console version and could get an upgrade later.
No it was from the begining made for last gen and pc. that ps 5 can run it better then ps4 is just cuz of better hardware. The true ps5 edition isent even started on yet. They made the game on pc and dident have time to get ps/xbox editions up to snuff. Pc can power trugh if you have a good enough pc. ps 5 the same. ps 4 just cant with current vertion.

Would all of this backlash would have occurred if this wasn't released on last generation? I don't own a console, so I can't say for myself because I haven't experienced it myself.

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be on last generation. I don't care if you have last generation or current generation, PC, or still playing on NES.

Oh yes, it would've.

It wouldn't be as bad because players could only complain about the amount of content that was cut and the more than basic systems that make up most of the game.

Now even us PC players with way lesser issues can all agree there is no excuse for the sorry state of the game on last-gen consoles after CDPR explicitly said it "ran surprisingly well on last-gen"

Good. I don't like circular arguments either, especially when people go to "I'mright.com" to prove they have "facts".
I do have factual technical information. If I share them, I'm doing something... that I can't do on these forums.
So I encourage all of you to look at some very basic technical information on... the hardware.

I heard employees were treated poorly while being made to rush the game out. Now, we have a broken game and they have broken employees. Whoever manages that company needs to be fired. So messed up.

Would all of this backlash would have occurred if this wasn't released on last generation? I don't own a console, so I can't say for myself because I haven't experienced it myself.

Personally, even if the game’s performance was miraculous and it ran well on all consoles, or was never released on some, I’d still be disappointed with the overall lack of quality of the game. There’s bugs galore, lousy AI, random spawning, progression breaking etc.

The furor our there is over how short the game has fallen of the quality expectation set by the game’s active advertisement and the studio’s previous reputation.

PS4 and Xbox performance just adds to and confirms the general malaise and fuel to the fire.

I heard employees were treated poorly while being made to rush the game out. Now, we have a broken game and they have broken employees. Whoever manages that company needs to be fired. So messed up.

What is heard is one thing or several ... but to the fact, in fact, chasms. Let's leave the 'I heard', 'a friend of the friend, the friend of the Parrot told me' from outside ... -_-

People would do it for a perfect game. There's always some issue people can complain about.

I'm not excusing the poor optimization on last gen. I'm just saying that salt has been trending since 2000.

What is heard is one thing or several ... but to the fact, in fact, chasms. Let's leave the 'I heard', 'a friend of the friend, the friend of the Parrot told me' from outside ... -_-

It's not a rumor. CDPR themselves have admitted they required their employees to crunch. A practice they said they wouldn't use because it is treating your employees poorly.

The original game director for Cyberpunk quit January of last year. This guy wrote the quests for the W2 and W3 and was promoted to take the lead for Cyberpunk. That being said, he probably left due to the issues you mentioned and/or didn't agree with the direction the game was going.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/aj6aj8

Top Bottom