So stats are tied to clothing

+
Loot drops like candy in this game, at level 16 I have a set of clothing at rare/epic/legendary that I really like and matches well with mod slots on most of them that's giving me 485 armor and I don't even have all the slots filled with decent mods yet.
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.14 - 00.35.45.44 (2).png

Why would they say they're not going to do that, only to turn around and do exactly that? That doesn't make any sense.

What if we're looking at this all wrong and this whole experience is actually an ARG where nothing makes sense but it was all planned and we have to figure it out like a puzzle...
download (4).gif

Aside from bugs and stuff which one can understand exists this is probably one of the biggest annoyances in the game.
They should also add a "Hide" option for different parts, missing out on stats cus i refuse to use hats and/or masks, especially hats since they fuck up the hair.
But yeah they should look to GR: Breakpoint, they nailed the clothing department in that game, being able to override any look and be able to get the stats you want.

This is something that annoys me too. Why do I have to gimp my char just because I want to wear clothes I like and don't want to wear a hat?

the problem is that, most good stats are on stupid looking outfits. And why not give bonus stat for having full set ? so set looks good and also gives some special ability or skill or major stat boost for lookin cool not GOOFY.

By far the most disappointing feature in the game is how you basically have no choice in what you wanna wear because how stats are locked whomever thought hey this is a good idea give your head a shake.

the problem is that, most good stats are on stupid looking outfits. And why not give bonus stat for having full set ? so set looks good and also gives some special ability or skill or major stat boost for lookin cool not GOOFY.
I’m literally running around in super pink tight short shorts and a weird ass tank top because the stats are better than tactical gear.

I guess I could upgrade the clothes that i like but it seems to be more work to get to that point. I find myself wearing ridiculous outfits just because its the strongest armor rating. If its only a few points difference i dont care about that but some of the higher level gear has special perks. even sunglasses have armor.. I'm glad i only see my character on the select screen as id be ashamed to see him running around the city looking like this.

Unfortunately far to many developers think stats/skill bonuses need to be tied to clothing which leads to players NOT having their character look like they want but using whatever item those bonuses are on (and usually looking like clowns).

There NEEDS to be an appearance swap option where you can move the stats for one item of clothing to another.
Or just a option to put some clothing articles in a "costume" slot so it shows that one. I really dig the original V Stuff, but it's not really that strong, even with its scaling

The Gamestar Review criticized this strongly. If you go for the stats V looks ridiculous quite often apparently.

That is the issue. If you max stats you will wear a crappy combination of things.
That would be fine for stuff found on the streets, but the clothes shops do not really offer robust alternatives.

Why go for stats tho?
Most of them are broken or doesn't work (jump damage, evasion), doesn't stack or add up (crit), or even useless depending on difficulty (armor, life etc.).
Ennemy damage are based only on dificulty and level, not armor. Naked or with 5K armor, you will die or tank the same way.
Just go for the look...

Last edited:
I managed to find some legendary boots and a rockerboy outfit and i havent changed outfits ever since, the weird thing is other items of clothing can still be worn while retaining the base outfit its almost an exploit but i feel that its probably a bug because you still acquire the armor bonuses of the other items but you dont get to see them over the base outfit.

Top Bottom