[SOLVED] Enhanced Edition Version (Retail) Number?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,i have bought the witcher enhanced edition only to find out that their is no blood and the patch upgrade option keeps glowing.my game includeds patch 1.4.5.1280 and the version it says i need to download is 1.4,the problem with that is once i downloaded 1.4 it says i only need that patch if i have an older version of the game so it can patch v1.1 and v1.3 up to 1.4, i also dont understand why i need to download a 500 mb language file before i even install twe.exe patch arugghhhh!!!! can someone please help me because i dont think i need this patch or the language file download,

It sure seems to me you are choosing to misunderstand things unnecessarily. Why don't you just READ some of the pinned threads that cover your various complaints?

actually kiwi why dont you mind your own business and not post here since you dont have anything constructive to add.its not always in the best interest of others to start a posting war to see who can get the most posts in 1 day,you should go view those videos on youtube that explain the kiddy rules of forum posting to noobs,,i did look around the forums and i have found nothing that centers around my issue with this game,

Trickson said:
hello,i have bought the witcher enhanced edition only to find out that their is no blood and the patch upgrade option keeps glowing.my game includeds patch 1.4.5.1280 and the version it says i need to download is 1.4,the problem with that is once i downloaded 1.4 it says i only need that patch if i have an older version of the game so it can patch v1.1 and v1.3 up to 1.4, i also dont understand why i need to download a 500 mb language file before i even install twe.exe patch arugghhhh!!!! can someone please help me because i dont think i need this patch or the language file download,
I thought the same thing mate. You have the latest version. I also asked about the patch number. You don't need to download all the language stuff. Thats just for the people that didnt buy the Enhanced edition. Your box includes everything. So don't worry.As for the blood, just go into the settings/options and check off "blood"....that simple.

Small bug in web-script which do not know last version. EE = 1.4.5.1280 and Patch 1.4 = 1.4.5.1282 - basically the same (difference is in copy protection) - You can ingnore it.You have EE so You have all language patches. And why it must be downloaded separatelly for owners of previous edition? Dowloading of 900MB + 500MB files is better then only one 6GB file, don't you think?BTW - The Kiwi was right. Your question was asked and answered many times. Try to use "search" function next time.

Can you tell me the latest release? My system has 1.4.5.1280 (from the DVD). Every time I hit the flashing check for upgrades it takes me to the TWEE download site containing a 900+Mb file. I think this is the 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade and not a patch for 1280. Can someone please clarify if there is a patch after 1.4.5.1280. Thanks.

eddra said:
Can you tell me the latest release? My system has 1.4.5.1280 (from the DVD). Every time I hit the flashing check for upgrades it takes me to the TWEE download site containing a 900+Mb file. I think this is the 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade and not a patch for 1280. Can someone please clarify if there is a patch after 1.4.5.1280. Thanks.
I asked the same question, as I also bought the Enhanced Edition and the update button is flashing.Somebody will correct me if it's wrong, but if you are on 1.4.5.1280 (which is what you got when you buy the EE DVD), you do not need to apply the patch that the update button takes you to.

Just wondered why the updade is flashing when i already have the enhanced edition? Is there a newer patch or is there an update for the uncensored witcher because i own both and registered the non-american version.Any help would be appreciated.

It's small error in patch detection utility. Boxed EE is 1.4.5.1280 and Patch 1.4 is 1.4.5.1282Only difference is copy protection. but that different numbers makes that gloving. Ignore that until Patch 1.5 will be released (developers are working on him).

Sorry, I looked but couldn't clear this up on my own...The reason I ask is that when I 'check for updates' it says that I should download the 1.4 patch. I thought this was the patch to upgrade from regular Witcher to Witcher EE so I'm wondering why I would need to do that... Also, it says I'm running version 1.4.5.xxx which sounds like I'm already running version 1.4Anyone have a definitive answer?Thanks,Javaslinger

I have just bought and am installing the new EE box set ( UK version). Once I have registered it, will I still need DVD in drive to play it ?Also does it require any patches or is it fully-up-to-date, straight out of the box. I Know htat folks who registerd the originlal version, then patched it to EE, can play without the DVd, but what about us new purchasers who have never owned the previous version ?I'd appreciate an answer here as serchign for patch leaves me with thousands of posts about the old version to scan through!UPDATE; MY GAME IS now installed & registered, but when I iCHECK FOR UPDATES - IT SAYS i HAVE GAME VERSION 1.4.5.1280 - BUT THEN IT OFFERS GET THE 1.4 PATCH ???So, should Ido this or not - confused ( THE PATCH NOTES ARE VERY OUT OF DATE - SEEM TO HAVE BEN WRITTEN IN FEB 2008 & ONLY RELATE TO PATCH 1.3 SO THEY ARE NOT HELP! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom