[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I think there´s people with heart in this world, who can´t accept the game like it is now and there is people with no heart who don´t care. But they should try and make both kinds of people happy in their way.
Some stories just don't get happy endings, heart or no. Greek tragedies are still classic literature to be studied in every school
Post automatically merged:

That might be an excuse...if your game wasn't in development for 8 years.
The longer time you get for a job, the more danger to just push it up to a couple of months before a deadline)

missing features thread:

People that want to explore the NC further, goes for endings where V lives, here.
People that want sadder ending or a memorable ending could go for ones where V has time limit or is unsure if it's real V or fake.
Everybody is happy, everybody can RP as they want with their characters.
Brings back replay value.
You can check my signature of how it could be fixed in simpliest way.
Or they could produce a dlc or extending cut with chain of missions about acquiring means of fixing 6 months problem. Probably another raid on secret corpo lab or whatever.

again doesn´t mean anything. Because that´s a story where you´re not involved personally, but in this game, the story is about you.
It is about V, character with pre-written and defined personality. CP77 is not Skyrim

The longer you push it up, the bigger your deserved assblasting for screwing it up.
Also true)

Or they could produce a dlc or extending cut with chain of missions about acquiring means of fixing 6 months problem. Probably another raid on secret corpo lab or whatever.

It is about V, character with pre-written and defined personality. CP77 is not Skyrim
Could be a possibility but giving a DLC as means to give closure to the game, is scummy. Also DLC would require a lot more work. Alternating current endings depending on mid game choices would be the fastest and simpliest way to satisfy people.

It is what most of us want here, but there are problems attached to it that were brought up earlier though, the biggest one probably being that this "Extension" would be base game 2.0 and people would rightfully ask why this wasnt part of the main act.

Edit: To be fair. I mean not that I would complain. Gimme that and I will shut up.

Some stories just don't get happy endings, heart or no. Greek tragedies are still classic literature to be studied in every school

The longer time you get for a job, the more danger to just push it up to a couple of months before a deadline)

Basically the issue is that they marketed this game as an RPG around player choice when in reality your choices don't matter especially when it comes to the main story.

This would be great if it was for a book or a movie. Anything you are mean't to experience one time but it is not. They wanted the game to be replayable but these ending make it anything but that. There is no choice because you die no matter what. You get what I'm sayin? Bad endings are fine and all but in an RPG it is not a good look to have all seven be essentially the same more or less.

Also true)
again fine for you. We don´t want to take anything away from you, we just want to enjoy the game as well, but in it´s current state, for most people in this thread there is nothing. nothing to work for, nothing to gain by playing, zero replayability! I don´t understand why you hate the idea of giving us something to enjoy the game too, especially since it wouldn´t hurt your experience one single bit. but some people tend to be egotistical, not wanting others to have any kind of joy.

Basically the issue is that they marketed this game as an RPG around player choice when in reality your choices don't matter especially when it comes to the main story.

This would be great if it was for a book or a movie. Anything you are mean't to experience one time but it is not. They wanted the game to be replayable but these ending make it anything but that. There is no choice because you die no matter what. You get what I'm sayin? Bad endings are fine and all but in an RPG it is not a good look to have all seven be essentially the same more or less.

And it absolutely kills replayability, because everything you do doesn't matter.
If I just want to do stuff for not being bored I could work in my garden.

Also true)
And yes, V is pre-written character with personality, but we still make choices for it, we shape the character more deeply. Add amazing voice acting and the character just connects with you deeply. When you can feel hapyness, pain, guilt, sorrow in voice it's much more different than silent protagonist.

In Skyrim you are supposed Dragonborn hero, yet you feel like some random doofus, running around and screaming in some unknown language.

I hate to repeat myself, but the point where the game falls apart is the Blackwall mission.

That's when we are forced to agree to AI Alt's insane plan to kill us and turn us into an engram. She even says that changes everything, while Johnny just shrugs and says that it changes nothing - that fucking idiot, he himself was turned into an engram and the tech called it a fate worse than death. And now they force my character to agree to that.

All it takes is one extra dialogue branch and to remove the line about being turned into an engram. Let our character refuse that part and we get a better ending, even if it means only 6 months to live. At least it will be as the original V and not as Engram V, or lobotomy V.
I think there was other branch, but was deleted for some reasons, and engramm, nit engramm, johny is still johny, and V still V

again fine for you. We don´t want to take anything away from you, we just want to enjoy the game as well, bt in it´s current state, for most people in this thread there is nothing. nothing to work for, nothing to gain by playing, zero replayability! I don´t understand why you hate the idea of giving us something to enjoy the game too, especially since it wouldn´t hurt your experience on single bit. but some people tend to be egotistical, not wanting others to have any kind of joy.

I think you misunderstood. He is fine with everyone getting the story they want. It is the only fair solution after all.

Could be a possibility but giving a DLC as means to give closure to the game, is scummy. Also DLC would require a lot more work. Alternating current endings depending on mid game choices would be the fastest and simpliest way to satisfy people.
Okay, then i got an idea. Use the "Johny-friendship-meter" to define, will V get 6 months problem, or not. High meter value will mean that V and Johny is on good terms and Relic will not destroy his body, thus saving V from death in 6 months. You would need to choose dialog options right and do all Johny quests but at least it would be logical game-wise

I think you misunderstood. He is fine with everyone getting the story they want. It is the only fair solution after all.
then he should say that more clearly

Okay, then i got an idea. Use the "Johny-friendship-meter" to define, will V get 6 months problem, or not. High meter value will mean that V and Johny is on good terms and Relic will not destroy his body, thus saving V from death in 6 months. You would need to choose dialog options right and do all Johny quests but at least it would be logical game-wise
that would at least be a little something.:ok:

Yes, CP77 now is good graphic novel but terrible rpg

Or you do it the other way around. High meter indicates you are too much Johnny already for you to revert back into V.

I do not understand these meters anyways. They feel like they have purpose, yet they are purely cosmetic. Probably a scratched idea too.

I feel like people are delusional if they expect cdpr to change endings, cut dialogue, etc. Has that happened before?

They could add a mid-story dlc which includes a new ending but that invalidates the base game a lot. If it's a post-game dlc (which it should be) they will make it so the expac has the same beginning for all 3 endings, OR they make one canon ending.

It would be such a fuck you to V if they made a Jackie or some new character dlc

Could be a possibility, though, I think since relic doesn't really respond to Johnny, as in he can't control it, would be difficult to explain.
But then again, I feel like having bad terms with Johnny or good terms with Johnny should have a better impact in the game. As in if you have bad impact, you have to almost fight Johnny for your body since he hates you or vice versa, he could sacrifice himself, as you mentioned, so that engram stops what is it doing and saves V.
The Countdown tarot card could be incorporated easily as well.

Top Bottom