[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
So i started another playthrough after letting it all sink in for a while. And honestly this game ist just too good and has way to much potential to just give up on. At this point i would even pay for a mini dlc that adds an ending where we don't die and can continue after we solve the chip situation.

I started playing again too but i just cant get into it. Im seeing bugs everywere this time. Wtf was i blind the first time or did my brain just ignore them cuz it finaly released. Great to se that some youtubers are starting to give out real reviews too. might get some more traction here.

So i started another playthrough after letting it all sink in for a while. And honestly this game ist just too good and has way to much potential to just give up on. At this point i would even pay for a mini dlc that adds an ending where we don't die and can continue after we solve the chip situation.
Don't give CDPR any ideas now. They've already lost a lot of trust. Actually SELLING a better ending that provides post-end gameplay at this point would be insulting.

Replaying RPG is always fun, but first character you made and finish a game is most memorable one, it is truly your own character, all other replayes are good but if game offer only one ending wher you die or die in set amount of time, and you can't change nothing, that kill any fun or will to replay that game.

Last edited:
as if 2020, bad endings, bugs and problems were not enough for CP2077. i heard down the grapevine that GOG "censored" some game called devotion courtesy of the PRC (the evil empire) or something. hearing that is already bringing my morale rock bottom even more worse. i used to think cdpr was the best now i am starting to have doubts that everything i believed in was a lie. i shudder at the thought of that day ever happening (most likely i would eating and sleeping heavily to drown in my sorrows) but that day has not come...yet.

I'm in the middle on this.

Yes the endings are kind of bleak, 6 months to live kind of sucks. But it still leaves a lot of open what can happen in terms of finding a cure in those 6 months. The game mentions nanite technology as a solution of MS. So that could be use to built further on the quest and then release you into the open world.

In terms of the whole copy thing, I think this leaves a lot of for debate. Yes technically we are a copy. As someone Who watched Ghost in the Shell, I like to believe that even though we are a copy in terms of memories as data. The ghost (Spark, Soul or whatever you want to call that makes us, us) Is still there.

In my personal experience, I though the game send me signs that it was the V that was before. Rogue mentioned, when you reveal Johnny. That she immediately recognized it was him because of how he moved, talked etc. On multiple times the whole chip is mentioned as being legendary, and even magical because of what it can do. Additionally when enter mikoshi with Alt, V doesn't even notice that Soul Killer was already activated. So I like to believe that The Ghost, Spark, or whatever you want to call it transferred back into V and we are still we.

Yes I understand that we are technically a copy, I still think this leaves a lot for debate. As the whole philosophical discussion comes into play of what makes me, me? If I look at myself, I have changed so much during my lifetime, could you even call current me the original? I changed so much, have been altered so much by life, while technically I am still the "original me", but am I?

I agree on the urgency though, In both cases at the beginning and end we are left with a situation where we are dying. I just cannot explore at leisure in that situation. Because if I roleplay as my V, I would solely focus on fixing this whole dying thing.

However, the fix for this would be to add DLC, you go back to night city, like another poster said first part is finding the nanite technology to reversing damage in some Arasaka facility, bam V is healed, Urgency gone. And we can go into the open world at our own leisure.

That's not a good ending at all! All 3 lead to destruction! Frankly, that added ending is completely selfish. Instead of taking responsibility at best your character gets transported to a parallel reality? What about the original reality? You doom the world in that reality. You leave it to it's fate. That is an awful new ending. God I hope cdpr doesn't take notes from that example!

you are absolutely right, but I didn't mention anything about the new ending being good. moreover, all the endings in Enderal have the same narrative problem as Cyberpunk - the choices, what little you have, don't matter.

my point is - this kind of thing, adding a completely new ending, has been already done somewhere before, hence it is not out of the realms of possibility. I was talking purely on that level.

Yeah at this point Id give money just to get a satisfying ending.
But guess well have to see

Alright, I wanted to give my take on the ending, and why I think it is objectively bad. As someone who was extremely excited for Cyberpunk since it was announced in 2013, even pouring hundreds of hours in the last couple years creating fan art for the game. I was looking forward to having multiple playthroughs to experience different play-styles, and paths. I was even defending CDPR through all the hate since launch despite my own problems I have with the game. However, after I went through the ending I became completely disinterested in ever touching the game again.

For my V's ending, I chose the Arasaka option because first of all, I didn't want to risk killing off Panam, I also wasn't sure that the nomads would be well equipped enough to have an attack on Arasaka, and as a female V I didn't have that close of a relationship with her to get her involved. Second, I didn't want Johnny to take over because we know how his first attack went, and I didn't want to repeat the same thing. What you get for making this choice is feeling like a piece of shit because you left you friends behind and decided to become a lab rat, which was the complete opposite of my intention when making the decision.

Well after that happened I came back to the point of no return, I though I fucked up my decision so bad that the game decided I had no way to continue past the ending and had to start over. Feeling completely empty, I decided to go back at it again with a different option. Well, after going through multiple endings I realised that that wasn't the case. and it doesn't matter what you choose, the outcome will always be the same. Even, in the so called "happy" nomad ending, V still becomes a construct and dies in 6 months anyway.

The problem here is that you have no choice, in every single ending V dies and now that I'm a couple days past it, at least in the Arasaka option the chip is removed without you becoming a construct, so to me now that seems like the "best" ending. As a story teller myself, I think CDPR reasoning behind those endings has nothing to do with the "grim" reality of the Cyberpunk genre, and actually the fact that in order for V to actually remove the chip and live past the ending, they would have to adjust all side missions to play without the involvement of Johnny (which they probably didn't want to bother with). A second option would be for V to find a way to remain as is (maybe new body with 2 constructs), which they probably thought defeats the entire purpose of the game (might also require the involvement of Keanu again if DLC is planned for V).

If you consider those two reasons as being true, then you realise that the endings we got are pretty much the result of lazy writing, lack of interest/resources in remaking the side missions without Johnny or creating an ending that might seem counterintuitive (having Johnny stay in your head as if nothing happened). They definitely could have thought of a better way to end the game instead of the gut punch we got, which has left me disappointed if anything after all those years of anticipation.

Alright, I wanted to give my take on the ending, and why I think it is objectively bad. As someone who was extremely excited for Cyberpunk since it was announced in 2013, even pouring hundreds of hours in the last couple years creating fan art for the game. I was looking forward to having multiple playthroughs to experience different play-styles, and paths. I was even defending CDPR through all the hate since launch despite my own problems I have with the game. However, after I went through the ending I became completely disinterested in ever touching the game again.

For my V's ending, I chose the Arasaka option because first of all, I didn't want to risk killing off Panam, I also wasn't sure that the nomads would be well equipped enough to have an attack on Arasaka, and as a female V I didn't have that close of a relationship with her to get her involved. Second, I didn't want Johnny to take over because we know how his first attack went, and I didn't want to repeat the same thing. What you get for making this choice is feeling like a piece of shit because you left you friends behind and decided to become a lab rat, which was the complete opposite of my intention when making the decision.

Well after that happened I came back to the point of no return, feeling completely empty, I decided to go back at it again with a different option. I though I fucked up my decision so bad that the game decided I had no way to continue past the ending and had to start over. Well, after going through multiple endings I realised that that wasn't the case. and it doesn't matter what you choose, the outcome will always be the same. Even, in the so called "happy" nomad ending, V still becomes a construct and dies in 6 months anyway.

The problem here is that you have no choice, in every single ending V dies and now that I'm a couple days past it, at least in the Arasaka option the chip is removed without you becoming a construct, so to me now that seems like the "best" ending. As a story teller myself, I think CDPR reasoning behind those endings has nothing to do with the "grim" reality of the Cyberpunk genre, and actually the fact that in order for V to actually remove the chip and live past the ending, they would have to adjust all side missions to play without the involvement of Johnny (which they probably didn't want to bother with). A second option would be for V to find a way to remain as is (maybe new body with 2 constructs), which they probably thought defeats the entire purpose of the game (might also require the involvement of Keanu again if DLC is planned for V).

If you consider those two reasons as being true, then you realise that the endings we got are pretty much the result of lazy writing, lack of interest/resources in remaking the side missions without Johnny or creating an ending that might seem counterintuitive (having Johnny stay in your head as if nothing happened). They definitely could have thought of a better way to end the game instead of the gut punch we got, which has left me disappointed if anything after all those years of anticipation.
Arasaka enging is quite horrifying, because after the surgery you kind of become a vegetable, can't rly do simple tasks and still die or become Arasakas property.

And frankly, adding sidemissions could invole Johnny if needed or could not, doesn't really matter, we would not even see the difference probably. If it would lead to an ending where V survives, that would be good enough.

It seems to me in a "good" ending - Johnny shouldn't survive.
He has already lived his life, and should appear as an "event" in night city.

I hope that this ending is a perepared for DLS.
There cannot be , what in game in which there are huge problems and failures in almost all aspects (RPG, shooting, etc.) ...
A game in which the plot, against the background of the rest, looks god-like in terms of processing, although it has many problems ...
End like this ...
DLS in the form of adding tasks to the "middle" of the game seems to me very stupid, not logical, meaningless and importal "not interesting for players for buy" ...

I want to hope that this ending is not the ending, and those who wrote the plot do not suffer from creative impotence.
And we will see something like, for example, in the ARC, when the plot moved along 5 DLS.

Arasaka enging is quite horrifying, because after the surgery you kind of become a vegetable, can't rly do simple tasks and still die or become Arasakas property.

And frankly, adding sidemissions could invole Johnny if needed or could not, doesn't really matter, we would not even see the difference probably. If it would lead to an ending where V survives, that would be good enough.
Not sure you get the ending then, you do recover (as you can see you can do simple tasks and more); it's just that you have 6 months. So you can either secure the soul or die. Same as with other endings.

Don't give CDPR any ideas now. They've already lost a lot of trust. Actually SELLING a better ending that provides post-end gameplay at this point would be insulting.

But that is exactly why i'm here. I WANT to give them ideas. Probably wasn't specific enugh. I don't want them to write a few lines "and they lived happily ever after" and be done with it. If they really do it and give us more endings it should be done right and if they do it right they bring back voice actors and need to write these new endings and that costs money. Ah whantever I'm just desperate to make the game i was hyped for all these years to be the perfect game i guess...

Not sure you get the ending then, you do recover (as you can see you can do simple tasks and more); it's just that you have 6 months. So you can either secure the soul or die. Same as with other endings.
Maybe, still, considering you side with the Devil and still die, is pretty bad.

I just finished the game after dumping 99.2 hours into my V. only to find out she dies in all endings.. wtf. who in their right mind thought players would like that? have going though that mastercrafted story only to kick the player in the gut them shoot us while we are down. after that ending i got and seeing all the other ending i have uninstalled the game and won't be returning until there's a way for V to Survive.
Apparently people who think this is a "dark Cyberpunk story" that doesn't get good endings. :giveup:

I'm not sure V can't do simple tasks, it could just be the effect of the operation. Also I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove Johnny from the side missions, since he is heavily involved in some, and they would have to remove his own side mission completely as well as all the characters related to it if that one wasn't completed before the point of return (although they could make it mandatory to complete, it still seems like it would be a complex process). They should have definitely allowed for us to continue past the ending though, maybe act like Johnny appearances are a dream post the ending. Just seems like an easy copout to have V die so they don't have to work on post ending gameplay.

Judy with Nomad ending is clearly just weirdly spliced to just pretend to have an ending with her. Its way better with Panam as romance option. Just the whole you know, you are fucked anyways, really grinds my gears :D
I heard that straight females don't even get an ending with their character? :cry:

I'm not sure V can't do simple tasks, it could just be the effect of the operation. Also I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove Johnny from the side missions, since he is heavily involved in some, and they would have to remove his own side mission completely and all the characters related to it if that one wasn't completed before the point of return (although they could make it mandatory to complete, it still seems like it would be a complex process). They should have definitely allowed for us to continue past the ending though, maybe act like Johnny appearances are a dream post the ending.
I mean not to remove him from current side quests, leave it as it is, but add new ones that leads to different ending.

I would have loved to see ending where Johnny is removed and V survives, but V still sees Johnny.

But after finishing the game, you still continue in the city, with few new sidequests, in which you see Johnny less and less, until the last time you see, you make your final touching goodbyes (if you had good relationship or you can still oppose him).

Yeah, you are starting to understand what I meant yesterday.

Top Bottom