[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
Viper won't get the grandmaster treatment in B&W - sorry. Other sets however will and these upgrades will be tied to interesting quests and stories. :)

Nice of you guys to chip in and confirm this even though it's not the answer most people were looking forward to. Then again, not sure how that piece of armor could have been further enhanced..with the new dye system though, it ought to give it a somewhat fresher look.

Guest 3847602

Regarding the vineyard - is it completely optional, meaning can we politely decline the offer or are we forced to accept it, since, from what I understand, it's a gift from the duchess of Toussaint and (for story reasons) you can't refuse that?

I'm asking because my version of Geralt is a strict nomad who has no use for a permanent residence.

Thanks.

Probably depends on how much of a content was planed around the vineyard. For example, if there are many activities with familiar characters revolving around it, I doubt refusing it as a gift will be an option. ;)

Regarding the vineyard - is it completely optional, meaning can we politely decline the offer or are we forced to accept it, since, from what I understand, it's a gift from the duchess of Toussaint and (for story reasons) you can't refuse that?

I'm asking because my version of Geralt is a strict nomad who has no use for a permanent residence.

Thanks.

Not really as it's a reward from the main quest line. You don't have to upgrade it though. It's all up to you.

Will the Queen of the Night make an appearance as well? I remember that there was an option not to kill her in Witcher 1.

Hehe

Ciri : We neednt say goodbye
Geralt : You know where to find me Ciri.
Ciri : True.... ( Later that day --> Ciri teleports to Toussaint for drinking party :D)
Geralt : Finally I can use this >>> "opens bottomless vodka bottle from Gaunter O'dimm" xD

Last edited:
That.....would be kinda awsome, or do a big monster contract with Ciri :p

I hope this "invite thing" will be similar to mass effect citadel dlc ... I guess it would make sense for a party to happen there .... In fact I really hope so ;) , meeting some beloved characters again ...

I hope this "invite thing" will be similar to mass effect citadel dlc ... I guess it would make sense for a party to happen there .... In fact I really hope so , meeting some beloved characters again ...

Yeah the idea of such an ending were you can kinda say goodbye to Geralt in a way, an awsome end. But like I said previously I have good hopes for CDPR doing something marvelous.

Ciri : We neednt say goodbye
Geralt : You know where to find me Ciri.
Ciri : True.... ( Later that day --> Ciri teleports to Toussaint for drinking party :D)
Geralt : Finally I can use this >>> "opens bottomless vodka bottle from Gaunter O'dimm" xD

Later that day? I believe this expansion is set 20 years after the main game :p

If that turns out to be true it could explain why we see Regis, he had a bit of time to regenerate himself :)

The only thing i want out of B&W is Fringilla. I know! i Know guys! her name has pronly been mentioned like thousands of times on da forums but wats one more :ermm:

It's so strange that there are no mentions of a romance yet. Except for the "full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit."

With HoS, it was advertised that there would be a unique romance option (Shani) but now, nothing. I'm worried : (

Later that day? I believe this expansion is set 20 years after the main game :p

About that... I'd give it a 0.8/10 on the probability scale. :p How does a date on a bottle of wine correlate to the date of B&W? Literally all the PR materials say that it's during the events of the game.

We also know how [book character spoiler]

Regis regenerated. Apparently, another vampire helped him, and now they're blood brothers or something.

@Toyen Might be because they want it to be a surprise. Or, it might be because Fringilla isn't in it, and they don't want people to be disappointed. Regardless, Anna will have to mention her. I'm not sure she would be happy with the fact that Emhyr just imprisoned her.

Literally all the PR materials say that it's during the events of the game.
They say you can play it during the events of the game, it doesn't mean it's actually set during those events ;)

We also know how [book character spoiler]

Regis regenerated. Apparently, another vampire helped him, and now they're blood brothers or something.
Some previews actually explained that? Shit, don't answer, don't want to know :p
But i want to believe that it's set a little bit later the events of WH, Regis regenerating completely only after 5 years seems really forced imo. 25 years sounds much more reasonable to me :)

It's so strange that there are no mentions of a romance yet. Except for the "full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit."

With HoS, it was advertised that there would be a unique romance option (Shani) but now, nothing. I'm worried : (

mab there is no new romance, or it could be replaced by new brothels or they used the resources to create other new awesome elements,
such thing as a new romance option is important and if it is not inde description, then it's unlikely it will be in the expansion

I won't be worried. The description says expect romantic encounters in Toussaint. What if we have a chance of romancing someone from the screen with four ladies.
Also
We can invite Triss or Yen to Geralts own vineyard
Then
There is Lady of the lake. Can't wait when Geralt says those magic words again
about lady's ass :D

Edit: We also have the armor Geralt is wearing in the screenshot.
May 30th can't come early !

Last edited:
Top Bottom