Spoilers maybe? Story behind Ciri`s tattoo

+
Spoilers maybe? Story behind Ciri`s tattoo

^ Completed the 2 previous games, but didnt read the books, can someone tell me the story behind the tattoo? The heart on her leg when shes in the sauna? She tells that its because someone close to her, and now dead.

---------- Updated at 08:50 AM ----------

Damn, sorry wrong subforum, should probably create it in the story sub :p

@ARKANOiiDe

Ciri gets the Rose (placed wrong btw by CDPR) during her time with "THE RATS"

The "rose" story is told in the Tower of Swallow, the rose also is a sign of the love between her and
Mistle one of the members of the gang. Mistle is a female member of the Rats ;)
She gets the Rose short before all members and her first love get butchered by Leo Bonhart

Ciri tells this Ysigota de Corvo in the Tower of Swallow book.

Also the Rose is supposed to be placed at her groin directly besides the mons pubis
Not on her leg like in TW3 but guess that would ve been too much for murica and
australian market ( am i right?? @Marcin Momot )

But ;) MODS might place it right... obviously there will be nude sauna mods

@ARKANOiiDe

Ciri gets the Rose (placed wrong btw by CDPR) during her time with "THE RATS"

The "rose" story is told in the Tower of Swallow, the rose also is a sign of the love between her and
Mistle one of the members of the gang. Mistle is a female member of the Rats ;)
She gets the Rose short before all members and her first love get butchered by Leo Bonhart

Ciri tells this Ysigota de Corvo in the Tower of Swallow book.

Also the Rose is supposed to be placed at her groin directly besides the mons pubis
Not on her leg like in TW3 but guess that would ve been too much for murica and
australian market ( am i right?? @Marcin Momot )

But ;) MODS might place it right... obviously there will be nude sauna mods

Gods I loved that sequence in the books. So damn sexy and at the same time so dramatic...Ciri was so in love with Mistle.

Gods I loved that sequence in the books. So damn sexy and at the same time so dramatic...Ciri was so in love with Mistle.

That is a rather generous reading. To me that whole relationship came of as kind of abusive to both parties, who are both just young women in a terrible world.
Ciri weeps after her first night with Mistle (where the girl arguably takes advantage of her after telling Kayleigh off for attempting to rape her) and stays emotionally distant for a long time, while Mistle tries to build someting more out of their physical relationship.
Like a lot of the relationships in the Witcher it is murky affair in my eyes.

That is a rather generous reading. To me that whole relationship came of as kind of abusive to both parties, who are both just young women in a terrible world.
Ciri weeps after her first night with Mistle (where the girl arguably takes advantage of her after telling Kayleigh off for attempting to rape her) and stays emotionally distant for a long time, while Mistle tries to build someting more out of their physical relationship.

Tbh that was the feeling I got as well from reading Tower of Swallow.At first Ciri was indeed distant and so was Mistle. Their relationship progressed however and Ciri was genuinely sad/moved when Bonhart slaughtered Mistle. We can also see that in Lady of the Lake when she travels to ebbing/metina(not quite sure/don't remember where) with Geralt and Yen to bid Mistle a last farewell. Also in the "Something ends,something begins" short story(which Sapkowski wrote as a gift for a couple that was getting married) Ciri tells Geralt she wants revenge over the people that were responsible for Mistle's death(not just Bonhart) and she sets out to find them after
Geralt and Yen marry.

EDIT:I guess their relationship had all kinds of flaws and was indeed kind of abusive from both sides. Maybe "in love" is not the word. Maybe let's just say nevertheless CIri cared for Mistle more than she cared about the rest of the rats. They got the same tattoo after all :p

Last edited:

Yeah, I wouldn't call what they had love.

Stockholm syndrome turned Lima Syndrome.

About the only forgiving part I can read is Mistle was just as badly abused and mentally warped as Ciri.

I agree. Mistle basically sexually assaulted Ciri - who was underage at the time - after the latter was almost raped by Kayleigh. Not to mention that Mistle, like the other Rats, was a burgeoning psychopath who took pleasure in killing. Not a very healthy relationship, IMO.

I agree. Mistle basically sexually assaulted Ciri - who was underage at the time - after the latter was almost raped by Kayleigh. Not to mention that Mistle, like the other Rats, was a burgeoning psychopath who took pleasure in killing. Not a very healthy relationship, IMO.

Yeah, Mistle was driven insane by events which happened to her and is what would have happened to Ciri if she remained with the Rats.

Poor Ciri.

Though I have room for sympathy for Mistle too.

Top Bottom