[Spoilers] Romance ending (panam vs the others)

+
Am i the only one who feel like panam got the superior ending as a romance partner for the "i want to keep on living" ending?
(and if you romanced her, it's even sweeter)

also panam is the only sidequest that actually opens up this ending;
why is this romance partner the only one providing you an alternate ending, but not the others?
(almost as if the dev's decided on panam being canon)
this is equivalent to getting an extra ending/path in witcher 3, if you romanced yennefer (but nothing for triss)

And no, i don't hate panam, i just don't think they should have chosen a romance partner as canon ending for the "i want to live" path;
seeing as, regardless who you romance, panam is your only route for a somewhat happy ending:

Last edited:
I dont feel Panam got any superior or preferred treatment over anyone no

I do feel the end scene could've / should've been done better

To get the nomad end who do you wish V to call for help ih this regard if not panam??

What "alternate" end do you wish the others to provide? As is Panam as a friend/romance is the only one in a position to help and with sufficent back up to do it

I dont feel Panam got any superior or preferred treatment over anyone no

I do feel the end scene could've / should've been done better

To get the nomad end who do you wish V to call for help ih this regard if not panam??

What "alternate" end do you wish the others to provide? As is Panam as a friend/romance is the only one in a position to help and with sufficent back up to do it

well, nomad ending is the only "happy" ending in this game
and panam has a staring role in it; this is why i feel the way i do

It does make sense that Panam would have had a bigger role in this certain ending (she just so happens to be a LI as well) but also would've been neat if Judy was there with you, at the camp before you start the big Finale and have talks, have fun, drink. Celebrating. Wishing you good luck. Or she could support V from a distance but fight with you up to the drilling mission? I think it's kinda too much because Judy fits more for stealth/tech stuff (like the mission to rescue Ev) than guns blazing type.

And don't get me started on the very end, the cutscene with the Basilisk. :giveup:

well, nomad ending is the only "happy" ending in this game
and panam has a staring role in it; this is why i feel the way i do
She has a role because to get it, at the very least, you become one of if not thee closest friends she has ontop of helping her to be one of the clan chiefs of the Aldecaldo.

Now theres a argument for tweaking the tank scene but zero about Panams role in the mission.

The only "happy" end is subjective at best, i've played characters that romance noone and storm the tower successfully to become a walking talking legend and queen of the afterlife with very close and good friends all of whom shes seen to being happy and i've left her hot on the tail of a "solution" to her "problem"

I've played characters that couldn't handle it an blew there brains out

And i've played characters that are naive as hell an believe everything arasaka offer

All RP options that left me happy how i played my char and eager to jump back in.

All subjective

Define a happy ending, because if you ask people over at the endings discussion thread you'll find out that they all suck (V being a copy, V dying after 6 months etc.) but I jest.

I don't think the choice to make Panam or Panams ending the canon one (which it isn't by the way, we still don't know how they plan to continue the story) came from a place of developers preferring one character over another.

The game needed a Nomad ending since nomads make a significant chunk of the Cyberpunk2077 world and it's story. It just so happens that one of the romance options happens to be part of it. (Panam is a nomad that V interacts the most during the game)

An yet the ending isn't locked behind the said romance, whether Vs and Panams relationship is that of friends or lovers the ending is still available.

Both Judy and Panama are necessary when it comes to the main story progression (braindance/Evelyn/Hellman) which can't be really said for Kerry and River.

Panams/Nomad ending will stay the way it is, unless CDPR decides to totally change the whole story by introducing another important nomad that could take Panams place (but why even do that). My only hope is that they expand on it by including other romances. (mainly Judy, because she makes the most sense when it comes to that ending) Adding more scenes etc.

qucick edit. becuse @WildOrchid brought it up. Like I said in the Panam thread. Give people an option to call Judy (and other romance options) to the Aldelcados camp before the attack and ffs add a scene where Judy comes out of the basilisk instead of Panam if you romanced her.

Am i the only one who feel like panam got the superior ending as a romance partner for the "i want to keep on living" ending?
(and if you romanced her, it's even sweeter)

also panam is the only sidequest that actually opens up this ending;
why is this romance partner the only one providing you an alternate ending, but not the others?
(almost as if the dev's decided on panam being canon)

And no, i don't hate panam, i just don't think they should have chosen a romance partner as canon ending for the "i want to live" path;
seeing as, regardless who you romance, panam is your only route for a somewhat happy ending:
Well if you pick star ending as fem v and romance Judy she'll end up coming with you and sends a very uplifting message to V.

qucick edit. becuse @WildOrchid brought it up. Like I said in the Panam thread. Give people an option to call Judy (and other romance options) to the Aldelcados camp before the attack and ffs add a scene where Judy comes out of the basilisk instead of Panam if you romanced her.

Apparently someone said it's mainly because Judy can't drive the Basilisk probably, hence why we couldn't get her there with us. Big F.

In that case, we could instead drive a car and follow the Basilisk with Judy. :giveup:

Apparently someone said it's mainly because Judy can't drive the Basilisk probably, hence why we couldn't get her there with us. Big F.

In that case, we could instead drive a car and follow the Basilisk with Judy. :giveup:

I mean it's not like the basilisk has two seats in it. lol

Either way, here's to CDPR fixing the bugs and adding more content to the story and all the characters people love so much ;) :beer:

She has a role because to get it, at the very least, you become one of if not thee closest friends she has ontop of helping her to be one of the clan chiefs of the Aldecaldo.

Now theres a argument for tweaking the tank scene but zero about Panams role in the mission.

The only "happy" end is subjective at best, i've played characters that romance noone and storm the tower successfully to become a walking talking legend and queen of the afterlife with very close and good friends all of whom shes seen to being happy and i've left her hot on the tail of a "solution" to her "problem"

I've played characters that couldn't handle it an blew there brains out

And i've played characters that are naive as hell an believe everything arasaka offer

All RP options that left me happy how i played my char and eager to jump back in.

All subjective

let me rephrase it then
i just don't like having a romance partner tied behind an ending
and only panam offers a different ending, the other romances give no ending to the game

this is equivalent to cd pr giving you an extra ending path, in witcher 3, ONLY for romancing yennefer (nothing for triss)

Well if you pick star ending as fem v and romance Judy she'll end up coming with you and sends a very uplifting message to V.

true, but you can't get an ending specific with judy; or with river, or kerry
ONLY panam offers an ending (this is my point)

let me rephrase it then
i just don't like having a romance partner tied behind an ending
this ending also happens to be the only one where you don't give up and want to fight for your life to find a cure (and keep on living): now even if you don't romance panam;
and only panam offers a different ending, the other romances give no ending to the game

this is equivalent to cd pr giving you an extra ending path, in witcher 3, ONLY for romancing yennefer (nothing for triss)

true, but you can't get an ending specific with judy; or with river, or kerry
ONLY panam offers an ending (this is my point)
Answer me this, I'm curious.

Have you played Dragon Age Origins and if you have, what is your opinion on the Morrigan/Dark ritual ending since that game has a as you put it romance exclusive ending?

By the way I get where you're coming from I just don't see it as a strictly Panam romance ending since others can get it :)

That's also true, she got used to it I guess. Maybe there wasn't any time for Judy to understand how it works. Or... idk. Anything. :giveup:

Stop sounding like the nah sayers and start screaming for judy in a tank blowing shit up :p

If they want to make logical arguments how about V's on there last legs and having her plug into the Basilisk is more suicidal than say having judy plug to just support panam, there Judy's at V's side where she belongs

Have you played Dragon Age Origins and if you have, what is your opinion on the Morrigan/Dark ritual ending since that game has a as you put it romance exclusive ending?

By the way I get where you're coming from I just don't see it as a strictly Panam romance ending since others can get it :)

To be fair, you can force Alistair or Loghain to do the deed or romance Leliana and be like, "Yep, well, Morrigan the things I do for survival."

:)

unfortunately i haven't played it =D
i do have inquisition in my backlog, but perhaps i should try out dragon age origins too

as for your question;
i don't mind romance exclusive endings, as long as there are other options for the other romances too; so i can actually pick my ending like an rpg, instead of being forced down a path:
that's my thought, but i appear to be a minority in that regard xD

Top Bottom