Stealth in this game is ridiculously bad

+
seems like game is holding your hand for stealth approach, enemies turn their backs on purpose in most convenient place

It has a number of flaws from both sides of the too easy/too impossible divide, but the thing that's really irritating me about sneak is that as of about 2-3 patches ago, my V just randomly stands up in the middle of sneaking. I mean she does this a lot. Why?! D:

Edit: I can't type.

It has a number of flaws from both sides of the too easy/too impossible divide, but the thing that's really irritating me about sneak is that as of about 2-3 patches ago, my V just randomly stands up in the middle of sneaking. I mean she does this a lot. Why?! D:

Edit: I can't type.

You're fine with your typing, btw. The stand up glitch, oh my, that's not the worst, though..

Reminds me, you used to be able to do this while stealthing, AI scripting stupidity or not now.. https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-nanowire-stealth-kills/

But thrown knives, oh boy, they do one shot kill people dead very very well. It's just that they can't be retrieved, so never throw your iconic or legendary knife at an enemy.

Who was that genious that thought it was good idea to make it work like that? :rolleyes: Lets see how it should work in a 2077 world:

- You can pick up ur knives
- As you progress you would be able to unlock some kind of magnetic knives slot, which would work like that:
*When you throw a knive, and wants to pick it up, press a "X" button to automatically "summon" it to ur magnetic pocked (from a X distance)
*You would need special knive mod to make it work, and eq mod

Imagine it, like that scene with Magneto from X-man (2:23)

Who was that genious that thought it was good idea to make it work like that? :rolleyes: Lets see how it should work in a 2077 world:

- You can pick up ur knives
- As you progress you would be able to unlock some kind of magnetic knives slot, which would work like that:
*When you throw a knive, and wants to pick it up, press a "X" button to automatically "summon" it to ur magnetic pocked (from a X distance)
*You would need special knive mod to make it work, and eq mod

Imagine it, like that scene with Magneto from X-man (2:23)

That's actually not a bad idea. Instead, I'm carrying around a bunch of grey knives instead of breaking them down, and furthermore, I try to de-equip any good blade I have when I'm stealthing.

I don't think there's a problem specifically with stealth, it's just the whole AI issue again and proove how important it is for CDPR to fix it.

In fact, the enemies not looking for you even when you're detected isn't only annoying during stealth...Run around gun blasting and you'll still have a couple idiots here and there not knowing where you are (even though they're in an adjacent room, sometimes).

The AI must be among the top priority for CDPR during the future patches, along with the most ridiculous bugs.

You're fine with your typing, btw. The stand up glitch, oh my, that's not the worst, though..
I don't think it's a bug.
It might be due to the dodge that needs to be done by pressing a direction twice. It's fairly counter intuitive during stealth because it's borderline impossible to slowly move around without triggering a dodge in the process (because you're gonna "tap" a direction quiet often when you're approaching an opening so you don't poke your nose too far in one direction).

I'm personally using a mod that allow me to perform the dodge differently. If you want to do the same, make sure to make backup files of everything (game files and savefile).

I don't think there's a problem specifically with stealth, it's just the whole AI issue again and proove how important it is for CDPR to fix it.

In fact, the enemies not looking for you even when you're detected isn't only annoying during stealth...Run around gun blasting and you'll still have a couple idiots here and there not knowing where you are (even though they're in an adjacent room, sometimes).

The AI must be among the top priority for CDPR during the future patches, along with the most ridiculous bugs.

I don't think it's a bug.
It might be due to the dodge that needs to be done by pressing a direction twice. It's fairly counter intuitive during stealth because it's borderline impossible to slowly move around without triggering a dodge in the process (because you're gonna "tap" a direction quiet often when you're approaching an opening so you don't poke your nose too far in one direction).

I'm personally using a mod that allow me to perform the dodge differently. If you want to do the same, make sure to make backup files of everything (game files and savefile).

Ahh. I hit that thing all the time and fly into NPC's who then run and cower in terror as if they aren't even armed sometimes, that was weird.. Great scripting. lol

Yeah, that's a good suggestion, let me link it for them. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/102

The stealth is fine, I didn't come in expecting metal gear solid level mechanics.

Every game that has partial stealth mechanics has "ok" stealth.

Could it do more, sure. Ridiculously bad? Please.
Everyone talks about AI being potato when antagonized, being unable to deal with an obstacle on their driving path and all the other dumb stuff that happens, but stealth is the part of this game that really annoys me: my character can now 1 shot (on very hard) most enemies with quickhacks from a distance, but if you do that to one enemy in a group they will have absolutely no reaction to it except entering the "alerted state". So, you might think, that being in an alert state means that they will now start looking for you, right? No, they will stay in the same position forever talking s**t like "wHeRe Ur HidInG... CoMe OuT!". I mean, MGSV, a game from 2015 or so had better AI that reacted to everything: turn off a camera near an enemy? He will verify. Make a noise? He will go check. Enemies never forget you once they know something is wrong. Now in Cyberpunk, that is supposedly the landmark of the new generation of games, you can stealth kill an enemy that is not on the line of sight of any other enemy of the group, hide the body, and enemies will still enter alert mode. While you can by the other hand drop a body besides another enemy and he will stay there waiting for you to do the same with him. Some time I've opened a door right on top of an enemy, but as he was waiting for me to come from the other side he couldn't do absolutely nothing about it. So much for a "next gen, revolutionary" game.
Stealth is fine for an RPG game. It’s not Rainbow six here. The AI obviously needs work, I agree. But for me, I’m on hard mode and hit max level very early so I’m crafting legendary items and I’m mowing tru everything now, including bosses. Point is, it’s a role playing game. Make of it what you want. Example, I can equip low level gear for personal challenge, or play on easy and mow everything down without legendary items. It’s role playing single player. For realistic immersive stealth, you’re playing the wrong game. I mean we have Kerenzikov, reinforced tendons, and projectile launch systems in our arms! Not so subtle! And net runners so... I mean we can harp on stealth, sure, but it’s one of many roles... just saying.
BlazinBender, out!

I agree with you, but this is with all games that are not stealth focused games. You can't really compare MGSV stealth to the stealth here. MGSV is a game where stealth is a priority, so of course stealth AI is better. But if you compare it to something like fallout, stealth is basically the same in both these games because stealth is not a priority. They just want it to function, and it does.

I agree with you, but this is with all games that are not stealth focused games. You can't really compare MGSV stealth to the stealth here. MGSV is a game where stealth is a priority, so of course stealth AI is better. But if you compare it to something like fallout, stealth is basically the same in both these games because stealth is not a priority. They just want it to function, and it does.
But why dont make it function better?

Stealth in the game is ridiculuosly bad. It's clear that it's added, not built on purpose, because there are no such vital mechanics like killing while sitting around the corner. For me, stealth was merely all about using quickhacks, like, ping --> whistle --> hiding around the corner --> waiting 'till the enemy goes back --> getting them. Later I realised that if you quickhack an enemy with something undeadly (like short circuit) they don't start a fight, rather just looking around. So you can hack a videocamera that is closest to you and jump through all of them hacking every person camera sees.

After nearly 2 decades of being told how much I'd like MGS, I tried MGSV and deleted it after about 3 hours. Absolute garbage. The only positive was Keifer Sutherland but not even Jack Bauer could rescue that game for me.

Stealth in Cyberpunk is good.

Approach it from a realistic standpoint and you get optimal gameplay. Approach it with "their drug & alcohol infused friend just had an episode and is dead on the ground, why aren't they all out here looking for me?" and you will feel like an idiot.

How are these influenced individuals supposed to be 110% in the know of what is going on in the exact moment an event is happening?

If all the mercs & corpos ran around hacking everything under the sun, these criminal groups wouldn't exist. Presenting a unicorn as a horse is a foolish take.

It's also WAY easier to move quietly in dirt & grass than on concrete & pavement with rocks, pebbles, trash, glass, etc etc everywhere.. Especially considering if you have wind & natural plant movements that create enough sound to cover your mistakes.. You don't have this in a city where you are literally surrounded with accoustics.

Most negative arguments against this game are 100% illogical & nonsensical.

Getting very old seeing these posts with the added herd mentality that is so prevalent in today's world.
I play on Xbox One X and before I gave up playing to wait for the 2021 updates, I played the Panam missions. One in particular had me chose either stealth or guns blazing. I chose stealth, and the mission was also in the desert. I played this one mission for almost 3 hours and died a million times. I only have 5 hack bars so that's one issue. But beyond hacking, there were drones flying around everywhere and there was very little to no cover for me to use.

It didn't matter how quiet I was or if there was no other living, or artificial, being around, I'd be spotted, again, with nobody in sight!!! That shouldn't happen unless there's some kind of thermal sensor's around that I'm not aware of.

When I did manage to get inside the building I stayed put until all the alarms were timed out and the AI quit looking for me. The comments about opening a door to see an AI on the other side of the room are accurate where the AI will stare at you but not move. I'm in plain sight and they are unable to move.

In another area I hacked the camera in a small room where one AI was guarding. I snuck inside and killed the AI. Nobody else could have seen me and there were no other cams in my area. Right after I killed the guard it was if every AI and drone not knew exactly where I was and I was quickly dispatched. It was at that point I put the controller down, shut down the game, and loaded up Valhalla.

So yep, stealth for me is not good in this game. I'm not sure what they were going for. I hope things are changed in the major updates planned for early 2021. Stealth aside, I just want to play a game that's not screen freezing everytime I play it and without all the graphical glitches. If they can do that I can live with the stealth the way it is, or isn't.

Honestly it's not that bad but it's also not the very best it's need improvements for sure but it's not (ridiculously bad) ... It works but they could polish it more for sure!

Top Bottom