Stealth in this game is ridiculously bad

+
Is it actually possible to stealth kill with a knife in an animation?
Is it possible to stealth kill with mantis blades?
Do throwing knifes one shot?

I dont use stealth that often since I dont know about such things yet.
Don't quote me on this but I've understood knife doesn't animate on stealth takedown, it's always a neck snap.
Would be a nice to get a knife animation instead, as well as monowire one because it goes with stealth very well.
Assuming mantis blades also won't show special animation.

But thrown knives, oh boy, they do one shot kill people dead very very well. It's just that they can't be retrieved, so never throw your iconic or legendary knife at an enemy.

I don't think so. I use a katana and there's no sneak kill animation with it (although it's not exactly a sneak weapon)
Same thing I think, though it might depend on how many are around the victim. Lone targets may be ok.
Don't bother with throwing knives, tried it once and two things stood out. 1: Damage was pathetic, though there are perks to help and the power of the knife itself may help. 2: And this is the biggy, you won't get the knife back. So if you throw a legendary knife that you've put mods on, say goodbye to knife. Hopefully they address this.

It is funny that stealth in this game made me miss stealth in Skyrim. :D

I can take a certain kind of jankiness in the mechanics, like how it takes awhile for enemies to register you, or how you might feel like invisible while in a shadow, and how you might feel like an unstoppable deathmachine that way (sneaking in RPGs in general, I mean), or the enemies tirelessly repeating their routine paths. It’s OK. It’s fine.

And I did find stealth the most fun way to play this game. The looter shooter way is just boring and bad (more so than stealth, that is).

But it really is way overpowered way too early (eventually achieving a state where you are most of the time the silent death lurking in the dark corners and camera networks is fine, though) and the AI that’s worse than the one in Skyrim, where enemies would come - with your arrow sticking out if their head - investigating the spot you previously were in, is just baffling.

b) turned off cameras reactivated randomly...
I have the same issue. I tried turning cameras into allies, but I don't understand that mechanic. There is no timer on this hack (and no real profit), but cameras bacame hostile after a while. Now I always disable them with hacks, turn all monitoring off from computers and still they sometimes come back online... I have more luck with turrets (except one time when it turned against me anyway).

I have the same issue. I tried turning cameras into allies, but I don't understand that mechanic. There is no timer on this hack (and no real profit), but cameras bacame hostile after a while. Now I always disable them with hacks, turn all monitoring off from computers and still they sometimes come back online... I have more luck with turrets (except one time when it turned against me anyway).

As for reactivating, I think there are perks that turn them off via breach protocol used on enemies. Only thing is rank turns them off for 3 minutes, another rank for 6, after which they come back on. Maybe that has something to do with it by using breach *after* you've turned them off by computers or hacks, like breach reactivates them eventually and takes priority over what you did to them previously and resets their state to hostile.

I dunno, I gave up trying to fully understand the mechanics in this game lol. You think you understand something only for it to do something to completely turn that around.

Their minds seem to be connected as one like the protoss in StarCraft.
The moment only one enemy finds me or attacks me, all enemies are in an emergency even without surveillance cameras or noise.
They don't even make gestures to alert allies. The situation is not natural.

Their minds seem to be connected as one like the protoss in StarCraft.
The moment only one enemy finds me or attacks me, all enemies are in an emergency even without surveillance cameras or noise.
They don't even make gestures to alert allies. The situation is not natural.

The enemies are connected, if you ping a machine it will show you all the enemies that are connected.
So yes if you kill one without using stealth they will know you're there.
Or if a camera sees a dead body everyone will be alerted.

How much of the game takes part underwater ? Or year water I'm only on act 2

Actually you can fire guns at enemies when underwater with the item that lets you extend breath to several minutes?
Also, game needs more swimming pools lol.

One time I stealth kill a lonely sniper on a rooftop with mantis blades And one shot him. The next second, all the enemies in that area are alerted. So stupid, why can't I slit throat enemies with mantis blades?

I find it hilarious how strangling someone and throwing him into a trash container with a loud thrashing sound does not rise a single eyebrow to the rest of the guys in the room.

I find it hilarious how strangling someone and throwing him into a trash container with a loud thrashing sound does not rise a single eyebrow to the rest of the guys in the room.
Almost all of the stealth moves result in loud sounds, lol.

CDPR had Hideo Kojima in their office, they shoulda asked few pointers about Stealth gameplay xD Kojima is master of stealth tactical espionage games. Just look at Metal Gear Solid Snake V

The stealth system seems broken until you get that mod that allows you 4 seconds or so after being spotted to get out of the way.

That seems like it should be a feature in the game from the beginning.

Top Bottom