Stealth in this game is ridiculously bad

+
If you deleted it after about 3 hours you didn't even get to use stealth because of that prologue/introduction. Very easy to tell you didn't play the game but you're just pretending you did. The game has a ridiculously slow start where a lot of the mechanics are locked away.
Have the the achievements Awakening, Captured & Phantom Limb for Phantom Pain.
Reunion for Ground Zeroes.

Actually played the game August 24th, 2020 after rewatching the 24 series.

Ground Zeroes I tried October 27th, 2017. Both of these were given out free on Xbox.

Aside from the weird stuff I actually enjoyed the prologue before exiting the building where things got even more strange.
That first mission was very mediocre and then once again proceeded to get weird after getting the guy. I deleted it after getting the FOB. The story background I read up on the characters and games also didn't compute with me nor did the character being incapable of removing the shards from his head as realistically if that was the case, any slight trauma to the head, including a simple sneeze, would have killed him instantly. Also the fascination with long haired white people & some guy wearing a Roy Rogers costume in the middle of the ocean was very offputting.

I'll stick with my Splinter Cell games.

Have the the achievements Awakening, Captured & Phantom Limb for Phantom Pain.
Reunion for Ground Zeroes.

Actually played the game August 24th, 2020 after rewatching the 24 series.

Ground Zeroes I tried October 27th, 2017. Both of these were given out free on Xbox.

Aside from the weird stuff I actually enjoyed the prologue before exiting the building where things got even more strange.
That first mission was very mediocre and then once again proceeded to get weird after getting the guy. I deleted it after getting the FOB. The story background I read up on the characters and games also didn't compute with me nor did the character being incapable of removing the shards from his head as realistically if that was the case, any slight trauma to the head, including a simple sneeze, would have killed him instantly. Also the fascination with long haired white people & some guy wearing a Roy Rogers costume in the middle of the ocean was very offputting.

I'll stick with my Splinter Cell games.
I quit the game the first 2 times early on at the points you're mentioning. Tried the game again last year and had a blast. The story is terrible but the gameplay got way better after I got past the atrocious beginning. Besides MGS2 is way better imo

Some of the enemies only "activate" when you sneak near them. They can stand at one point forever doing nothing. But when you think its safe to do a sneak take down, nope they just start turning 180 and walk towards your direction.

The actual detection angle of enemies in the mini-map is way wider than it shows, almost 180 degree for most of the time.

You head shot one guy with a silenced pistol, all enemies around will just start looking straight at your location even if they are behind walls or in different floor.

And why all the pedestrian knows you are quick hacking the bad guys and running away from you?? Even if you are hiding on the roof top or almost one block away from your target. They just yell out don't kill me or she is a cyberpsycho or whatever. I just What? How? Why you guys know its me?

People who say stealth is fine are fanboys who have not played the game.

I was running to my next mission, like lvl 7 or so, I am leaving an industrial area and down the ramp from me there are 3 Maestrom boys hanging out, easy exp.
So I crouch 10m or so from where they were... broad daylight, no one else around. Contagion. Shock. Overheat. Contagion. Shock. The three were down. They never even started seeing me.

It is fairly obvious that the AI only goes active if you close the distance.

People who say stealth is fine are fanboys who have not played the game.

I was running to my next mission, like lvl 7 or so, I am leaving an industrial area and down the ramp from me there are 3 Maestrom boys hanging out, easy exp.
So I crouch 10m or so from where they were... broad daylight, no one else around. Contagion. Shock. Overheat. Contagion. Shock. The three were down. They never even started seeing me.

It is fairly obvious that the AI only goes active if you close the distance.
But isn't that the point of netrunning, to kill them before seen?

But isn't that the point of netrunning, to kill them before seen?

Yes and No. There is no right or wrong way to play this game or any game.

One person can play a non-sneaky netrunner and use a firearm or beat them to death with a dildo. Yep! You can do that in this game..LOL!.

Maelstrom 1: (rubbing his head) "F*ck man, I just woke up in a garbage heap after some asshole choked me til I passed out!"

Maelstrom 2: "Me too."

Maelstrom 3: "My circuits feel like sh*t. First, they got fried and caused my body to lock up. The next thing I see is someone hit me in the face with a dildo."

Maelstrom 1 and 2: o_O

But I digress.

Another can be stealthy and spam contagion and/or other programs. Or there are those, (like myself) who prefer to use netrunning at certain times and just knock/kill people without having to spam programs all the time.

Its like peanut butter and jelly, some prefer crunchy and others creamy. Some with bananas others without. And some oddballs even like it with bacon.

Yeah, the stealth in this game is not that good.

I'm probably showing my fanboy bias here, but I still think that no studio has ever topped Looking Glass when it comes to implementing stealth. To me, Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal age are still the gold standards for stealth.

First oddity I had with stealth:
I was doing the Bus station gig looking for Jose. There's a burnt out garbage truck a good distance away to the left side of the area. If you go around to the front of the truck, scan and zoom in, you can just barely see the camera on the corner of the building. I took control of the camera and while it was hacking before I actually took control, I crouched and move around behind the truck. Absolutely no way for anyone to see me.

Mind you, I was somewhere between level 12 - 14 or something, so it takes a good number of shock hacks to take down these skull enemies (probably a good 15-20 hacks each). Every time their health was down to just needing a couple more hacks to take out, they would suddenly wander out of the gates, over to and around the front of the garbage truck, right to where I was!

Fortunately there was still some sort of glitch and even though they were right on top of me, they couldn't see me.

The second oddity came when I was helping Panam. At the very end, I hacked a turret and turned it friendly, moved up next to it behind some cover, shot at one of the enemies with my sniper rifle and suddenly the turret starts shooting at me and flatlines me.

Well, you can blame shody AI about stealth and they cant really spot you if you stay hidden if they dont have Netrunner among them!

I'd say the stealth AI for enemies is about as good as anything else, except they actually manage to find you faster if you're not careful. Like, they can still see you from 50 meters away if you're out in the open. That being said, the mechanics could use some work.

Yeah, I'd like stealth to be updated. It's a good start, but it's still a bit beta. Walking 5ft directly in front of someone, starting their red eye, sliding around him and successfully grabbing him from behind, yeah, that's broken.

Yeah, I'd like stealth to be updated. It's a good start, but it's still a bit beta. Walking 5ft directly in front of someone, starting their red eye, sliding around him and successfully grabbing him from behind, yeah, that's broken.
I'm okay with that one for easier difficulty levels. The margin for error for the player should be significant. On the higher difficulty levels though, yeah that should be an auto-fail for stealth.

My annoyance with stealth is that often NPCs can spot me through walls. I imagine it has to do with invisible wall/mesh issues.

I have never had this happen and I have been using a lot of stealth in my game play.
The biggest problem I'm having are the cameras and I can't get into position to shut them off.

My issue is bodies being discovered that simply weren't in any enemies view. Behind walls, doors, debris....it doesn't matter.

Also I have been spotted through walls as well, doesn't happen often but it does happen. Though it's by cameras mostly.

Right now biggest cons of stealth are:

- Terrible enemy AI
Kill enemy into military base. Someone finds body, and then... nothing really happens. No alarm, no additional squads, no defense mode etc. Its so stupid, zero consequence.

- Not enough mechanics to play around. Its mostly just cameras and enemy fov <-- should be a bit bigger btw.

- Hacking is to easy... at least in early state of the game. "turn off camera" or "reset enemy optics" is just way to op for begining netrunner. It should me more like midgame abilities. Also if it comes to "wireless" conections, there should be range for it, so if player is to far away from hacking objective, he would need to come closer to get him in the range of hacking abilities. Range should change depends on ur deck lvl etc.

Also I cant believe it is so easy to hack into enemy system, with 100% succes rate and no consequences... in world where net is everything. There should be some defensive system which would make hacking way harder.

want to scream at the world? Go stealth sniper build and be noticed even with a silenced rifle.
Really? Because I'm playing a stealth sniper and early in the game half the map would start firing at me when I snipe a single lone enemy that no one even sees.

After getting my hands on THE silenced sniper things started going in good direction. I could drop anyone without people noticing (unless line of sight) me doing it.
Earlier I did install a silencer on an assault rifle and when shooting it became apparent it wasn't silenced at all. Either a mistaken mod slot on that gun for a silencer or the rapid fire even with a silencer is too loud. Either way, it didn't work.

Is it actually possible to stealth kill with a knife in an animation?
Is it possible to stealth kill with mantis blades?
Do throwing knifes one shot?

I dont use stealth that often since I dont know about such things yet.

Top Bottom