Stealth?

+
Stealth?

Still need to read the manual, but will we have it here? I'd rather have none than simplistic/poor ( the same goes with crafting systems), and see developers put more effort put into better combat mechanics and social skills/hacking as an alternate route to violence when resolving quests.

Still need to read the manual, but will we have it here? I'd rather have none than simplistic/poor ( the same goes with crafting systems), and see developers put more effort put into better combat mechanics and social skills/hacking as an alternate route to violence when resolving quests.

We can only Speculate for now! I think, it could might be implemented! But on the other hand, CDPR has not much knowledge about how to make Stealth games sooo...we will see!
It is still a long time till it will be released!

There are stealth skills in 2020. And I don't really see that feature being cut out.

I'd be fine with a system where the skill governs detectability using LOS, distance, light level and sound - and respectively with the -disguise- skill (which should definitely be there).

Just as long as it's not merely about getting glued to conveniently placed boxes and fences all around and vaulting between them; nor as useless as it apparently is in Technomancer.

Yes, of course. Night City could be pretty dangerous and deadly, so a way to circumvent a Friday Night Fire Fight should be welcome.

I don't mind stealth mechanics being in the game, as long as they don't try to make a Metal Gear / Hitman clone.

Some of us WANT to get into spectacular firefights. ;-)

it's ok to have sm stealthy skills as an option, like in deus ex, but not as the only way to complete missions, it's tedious to have those stalth scripted sections,
anyway i think should focus on frontal combat, explosions, running, colorful firefights on th streets and inside buildngs

I'm mostly a stealth player in RPGs, but I'd rather it not be in CP2077 rather then see it poorly ... or over ... done.

What does she mean by that you ask?
Poorly done - 360 degree detection, detection thru walls, being detected immediately alerts every enemy on the map, enemies become oblivious when you restealth in spite of having just killed the guy right next to them, ability to "hide in plain sight"
Over done - Scripted or quick-time stealth, only option to complete some missions, stealth = invisibility

if there is stealth, the enemies must have non scripted movements, not like dishonored, where you look at them and they always move in the same directions and do the exact same things, not scripted movements, just like alien. isolation is way better, it's trully challenging, and stealth makes sense

if there is stealth, the enemies must have non scripted movements, not like dishonored, where you look at them and they always move in the same directions and do the exact same things

That is a fairly common way to design stealth games, enemies that follow predictable patrol routes present "puzzles" to the player that need to be solved, and make it possible to reliably avoid detection with the right strategy and timing. Although some randomness can also be added sometimes for extra challenge, but if all the NPCs just aimlessly wandered around, it would be difficult not to get frequently involved in fights (or having to flee). :)

We can only Speculate for now! I think, it could might be implemented! But on the other hand, CDPR has not much knowledge about how to make Stealth games sooo...we will see!

The Witcher 2 does include a few stealth sections, even if they are short and not necessarily very well done.

Last edited:
Yeah, i mean in comparison to the Deus Ex stealth system....

Personally I hated the W2 stealth system.

---------- Updated at 07:42 PM ----------

I hope we have stealth mechanics in CP2077.

For one thing, its very possible and I guarantee they're augmentations to help with a stealth build/character.

Yeah, i mean in comparison to the Deus Ex stealth system....

Did SaltyB managed to finish one sentence without ! Never thought it possible. :p
Anyway, this could be interesting but would involve a ton of work, plus level design has to account for it. I definitely don't want to see something like it's done in Spiders games.

plus level design has to account for it

Yes. Like I said in another thread the level design should hopefully work on the builds were thinking about (stealth/guns blazing/charisma/ect)

Honestly in the stealth category it shouldn't be that hard to make the levels suited for a stealth character if CDPR plays their cards right.

Did SaltyB managed to finish one sentence without ! Never thought it possible. :p
Anyway, this could be interesting but would involve a ton of work, plus level design has to account for it. I definitely don't want to see something like it's done in Spiders games.

Haha! Sorry but for some reason i do that a lot, especially when i write in English! ^^

I dont mind stealth and advanced game mechanics as an option . But please do not make stealth the primary choice .

I really hate stealth games though. ( One of the reasons I refunded Deus Ex Mankind Divided )

I dont mind stealth and advanced game mechanics as an option . But please do not make stealth the primary choice .

I really hate stealth games though. ( One of the reasons I refunded Deus Ex Mankind Divided )

Whhhhhyyy would you buy a stealth game like Deus Ex if you -hate- stealth games?! It gives you achievements for never being spotted! By person or machine! Did you do no research at all before buying?

Are you trolling? Because that's not a great idea around here.

I really hate stealth games though.

Top Bottom