Stuck on Loading Screen

+
Doesnt work for me too, any updates for this issue from devs?
The answer I got when reporting this was "We are aware of the issue and currently looking into this", three weeks ago. Apparently we can expect a patch about Thronebreaker issues by the end of the month according to Burza, so one can only hope that this problem will be among the fixes.

Right now I'm especially pissed that I missed the deadline to craft some premium cards with the gigantic pile of scraps that I'm sitting on simply due to this bug. Might just call it a day and try to launch this game again in a few weeks, hoping everything's been worked out.

Any news on this? Bought the game on PS4 yesterday as it's on sale. Hit this bug when fighting a mad cow. The enemy passes (which it absolutely should not as it's a one-round puzzle match) and then just sits there. Any attempt to reload the game results in sitting at an infinite loading screen.

In trying to get the game to work, I messed about with the "Return to" options. and now I have lost all my progress.

Come on, CDPR, we've paid for the game, you need to sort this.

I still got it over 33% of all games played which you then lose as you can't mulligan the bad cards in round 1.

Just got the update and this old problem has come back. Seems to be worse than ever as the game is stuck on the card image and wont start no matter what, restarted the PS4 multiple times. Played a different game then closed it and tried again. Nothing. Anyone else having the same issue?

Just got the update and this old problem has come back. Seems to be worse than ever as the game is stuck on the card image and wont start no matter what, restarted the PS4 multiple times. Played a different game then closed it and tried again. Nothing. Anyone else having the same issue?

Please try clearing the cache of PlayStation 4:
  1. Turn off your PlayStation 4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
  2. Once the indicator light on top of your PlayStation 4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 4 and turn it on.

A lot of people are experiencing this issue with the latest patch. Hopefully this time they'll get enough support tickets sent to them to try and find a decent solution.

Some people are lucky enough so that reinstalling the game or just "clearing the cache" is enough, but not everybody, and I'm sick of temporary solutions to a game that's been officially out for two months.

A lot of people are experiencing this issue with the latest patch. Hopefully this time they'll get enough support tickets sent to them to try and find a decent solution.

Some people are lucky enough so that reinstalling the game or just "clearing the cache" is enough, but not everybody, and I'm sick of temporary solutions to a game that's been officially out for two months.
How do you send a support ticket? I hope they realise not everyone can afford to uninstall/reinstall the game multiple times because it takes a long time to do.

Same problem for me, infinite loading screen with Thronebreaker when I want to load a save game.

Can't believe that this bug is known for so long and still isn't fixed....

Edit: fix with clearing PS4 cache worked for me. Strange, but ok... (never had to use that as a fix before)

Constantly encounter this bug since the last patch, at first the reinstall worked then it happend again had to restart the pc and worked, sometime just restarting GOG works but yesterday I never got it working today it miraculously work but as of right now the bug appeared for the 6th time and nothing is work. I already sent a ticket and I seriously hope CDPR comes up with a solution soon.
EDIT: BTW this is one PC I know this is a PS4 thread but since it's been commented recently I also wanted to voice that the problem is not PS4 exclusive

Just have to withdraw my fix statement from above... Experiencing the same bug today.

It's not really a fix to have to restart your PS4 everytime before you play this game...
Post automatically merged:

It's getting better and better. Now it also appeared after a battle during the game for the third time. Sry, but this is seriously broken. Switching to another game, until this is fixed.

Can't believe that this is the state since the game released. Kind of sad, as I really like the game itself...

Last edited:
Just two example videos where I got stuck (just closing the game helped):

And many more "soft crashes" where I couldn't press any buttons or infinite loading screens. I even reinstalled the game, still the same... :(

I got a mail from support yesterday suggesting the latest Gwent patch was aimed at fixing this problem, and I was able to access the game. We'll see if the problem is gone for good.

Just to be clear, the support ticket I sent is for Gwent, not Thronebreaker.

They answered my support ticket for Thronebreaker and stated, that they expect to release a patch this month to solve these issues.

Regarding the problem: as someone stated already above, the issues seem to decrease when you're ~2-3h into the game. I really don't know why, but after I've managed to progress a bit (with many soft crashes) it is significantly better now..

Top Bottom