Sudden FPS drops from 30 to 3

+
Hi! I noticed strange fps drops when i came to kaer mohren for first time (after 50 hours of game). I get randomly drops from 30 FPS to 3-5 FPS and game is in this state sometimes for 10 seconds, sometimes for 30 seconds. There is a fix for this - when I open the world map and close it, stable 30 FPS comes back immediately! (magic?). The sad thing is that when i came back to other locations I also have this problem there (first 50 hours were without this problem :( ). I'm playing mostly on high graphic settings (same settings from the beggining of playing to now).

I'm playing on laptop with this configuration:
  • Windows 10
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel core I5-6300HQ
  • GeForce GTX 960M (with latest drivers)
Thanks in advance!

Ok so new update for driver was available (from 01/08/2018). I Downloaded it, restarted computer and turned on witcher but sadly issue still occurs. I have witcher 3 GOTY edition without any mods installed

Is the frame rate drop now in other places as well that previously had consistent frame rate?

Also check out your task manager to see what your computer is working on. Maybe some other program is requiring some work load. Sometimes windows updates can slow down things quite a bit as well.

yes now I have these drops in every place (in first 50 hours of playing i had smooth gameplay in all locations except kaer mohren). I will check task manager but i don't think that problem is in other computer background tasks becouse when i get drop to 3-5 FPS and open/close map i get instantly stable 30FPS again. It looks like problem may lay in some assets/location loading?

Are you trying to play the game on battery, by any chance? If so, try plugging it in. Even with laptop power config set to "Maximum Performance", you can expect a noticeable degradation of performance while running off of a battery.

Alternatively, check the power settings. Something may have reset the GPU to "Balanced" or "Power-Saver" performance.

Top Bottom