Thank You for Reestablishing My Gaming Will

+
Thank You for Reestablishing My Gaming Will

I'm a Mass Effect 3 ending survivor, and for weeks I was unable to even look at my Xbox360 without a sharp feeling of depression. Thank you for getting me back to gaming with the awesome experience y'all call The Witcher 2.

I hope it's not true, but BioWare seems to be circling the drain. I'm glad to have found a new developer that knows how to weave a truly interesting story with very well developed characters. My opinion on this game may change (as I am only level 13 at the moment), but I still wish to thank all of you at CDProjektRed fro giving me a reason to pick up my controller again.

Perhaps BioWare can right their wrongs so that we can have two great RPG developers that can tell storys exceptionally well, but I will not keep my hopes up.

Just please for the love of all that is good; stay as far away from EA as is humanly possible.

yayodeanno said:
Now I'm really curious about that infamous ME3 ending :D

WARNING: If you're a fan of the series, don't do it, the ending probably will cause great depression and ruin the whole series for you.

Hi, my name's Blothulfur and I endured Dragon Age 2: Rise to Apathy for 60 hours. It almost broke me, retarded choices, cutesy cheesy dialogue, inane fetch quests, a dead consequence less theatre of conflict, shallow caricatures squawking cliches and endless waves of parachuting and teleporting enemies.

When I awoke battered and tortured in the dungeons of LaValette castle, haunted by nightmares of the wild hunt and my escape, I wept in relief. My torment was finally over and I realised that the only "awesome" button that Bioware implemented was the one labelled "uninstall."

To all the newly awoken sons and daughters of Kaer Morhen i'd just like to say. "It gets better. With every step along the Witchers logical, beautiful and lovingly crafted path, it get's better and Bioware are left further behind. An inconsequential and forgotten relic of childish foolishness."

Plough 'em all.

I survived DA2, skipped till further repair ME3, and after DA2 had countless sessions of the Wicher 1, and Morrowind, then Witcher 2 came.

I'm fine now, still at moments in my head there is this voice of David Silverman saying things like: "Button-Awesome,"-you are not worthy, you don't know , you cant grasp the "emotionally engaging" "complexity" of our games, the connection -you missed it.

I too am a Mass Effect 3 ending survivor. I feel your pain. about a month after mass effect 3 ending it finally sunk in that mass effect was ruined for me. Thats when I lost faith in developers and struggled to even play xbox. I know its strange because its only a video game but they basically raped my favorite game franchise in front of my eyes.

But then I found the witcher 2, with a developer that cares, rewards its players, and made one hell of a game. And as of now i cant stop playing the witcher 2. I already beat the game once and I am halfway through my second playthrough and i cant stop playing. It has effectively restored my faith in gaming.

I too am a Mass Effect 3 ending survivor

I love the Whitcher 2 game, and this is true:

"With every step along the Witchers logical, beautiful and lovingly crafted path, it get's better and Bioware are left further behind."

- Blothulfur 4/29/2012

Blothulfur said:
To all the newly awoken sons and daughters of Kaer Morhen i'd just like to say. "It gets better. With every step along the Witchers logical, beautiful and lovingly crafted path, it get's better and Bioware are left further behind. An inconsequential and forgotten relic of childish foolishness."
No more to say. I feel in the same way: I played Mass Effect 3 with its lame ending and I was playing DA2 because I bought it very very cheap and I have never felt with them like when I put, for example, Mass Effect 1 or DAO for the first time: that uncharted world, that codice, that important choices, that good fun and interesting dialogues, that unforgettable characters... until now: The Witcher 2 brings me back the will to keep playing a wonderful game for hours.

I wish Bioware would change his policy and do a better job but... EA is the actual rEAper.

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm glad to see to see I am not alone in recovery.

@Blothufur
DA2 scarred me. I was worried it was a sign of things to come, but I just shut my eyes tight and buried my feelings under waves of denial. Then ME3 showed up and slapped me in the face with the cold hard truth; BioWare is a shell of it's former self.

@Harrison23
It's hard to understand how the last fifteen minutes of ME3 could ruin all desire to play video games (of any sort), but it is a very real pain I know quite well. Let us be glad we found an answer to this problem in the form of TW2.

Now if y'all will excuse me I have an awesome game to finish. I'm already planing at least two more playthroughs, and I haven't even beaten the game yet.

Happy gaming to all, and to all a plot line that makes sense.

I am a Mass Effect ending survivor as well... It was very sad to see the road Bioware is taking, especially since my first RPG was KOTOR, and I loved it... in my opinion that ending ruins the entire series, all the previous choices end up being moot and all the main themes are destroyed for the sake of a faux-symbolic ending. They mistaken this for a deep conclusion, when for example LOTR (one of the masterpieces of storytelling) does not need a nonsensical plot twist at the last minute in order to work, we know that Frodo will toss the Ring into the fires of Mount Doom since the first book and yet it works perfectly.

The Witcher (1 and 2) was a nice breath of fresh air, with morality that cannot be reduced to "evil - good - neutral" and with complex storytelling (which reminds me of A Song Of Ice And Fire in a way). I appreciate all the subtle moments and the fact that the games do not handhold you through the story.

P.S.: It was funny to see David Gaider from Bioware saying that the sex scenes in these games are "gratuitous" when in Mass Effect you cannot have a single talk with Miranda where her ass is not covering at least 1/3 of the screen; or when they added a ridiculously exaggerated "cameltoe" to EDI.

Bioware's 'mature' content is actually aimed at teens, or those with a teenage mentality. He can spew all he wants but at least CDPR isn't trying to be coy about their approach.

I agree...plus it was rather rude and unsportsmanlike of him to go and criticize another game like that. It must be resentment because of all the support The Witcher gets on BSN while DAII and ME3 get a lot of flak.

I don't want this to turn into an "I hate BioWare" thread. It's sad to see their new direction, but I truly hope wake up before it's to late. They have given me many wonderful experiences, and hope nothing but the best for them.With their last few games I have lost confidence in them, something I thought unshakeable. However I honestly hope for their return to greatness.

I made this thread to celebrate the greatness of TW2, and to shout out my appreciation of CDProjektRed for rekindling my faith in video games being able to tell great stories.

Can't this thread be be focused on how good The Witcher 2 is? I only mentioned my past experience to provide context to my joy.

Top Bottom