The battle between Monsters and Skellige is on!

+
first smashing all contest to skellige's current reign on meta, then introducing a "additional winning faction reward" for a faction battle that skellige is participating? whose the new director? did skellige fanboy employees outnumber everybody else and took over the HQ?

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
throdin;n10954886 said:
Can we get a time extension? i didn't see it advertised before today, just a week to farm the wins seems a bit short (even if it started last week)
Ignore the date of the post, and only pay attention to the date listed WITHIN the post text.... you have 1 week still... although it's weird them starting and ending midweek then running the win condition 4 days later :: shrug ::

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, since i already had SK title/ border (favourite faction), i chose Monsters, and now i feel dirty inside...

But lately, i dont like SK at all - hate the GS strategy, Harald Axemen, and most of all, the stupid Bearmasters (not bears, i love bears, just not the beastmasters)

And have been having a lot of fun with Monsters, going back to my old Arachas deck, now all Insectoid/ Cursed to maximize Ruehin.

I already have both borders and titles... decided to dust off my Bran's Walking Circus.... I just can't bring myself to play any of the top decks for either faction.

Shouldn't have sided with the monsters. So many Nekker hate after the patch. My win loss ratio is around 2:6. Need a better monster deck to play.

The title for only 10 wins has no value because everybody can get it.
It should come at 40 wins, right after the border.

Void_Singer;n10955699 said:
I already have both borders and titles... decided to dust off my Bran's Walking Circus.... I just can't bring myself to play any of the top decks for either faction.

I hear you. so boring, both of them. The only interesting decks these factions offer are Axemen, Baseline consume, Moonlight and Deathwish, each of which has got a massive disadvantage against one or both top decks.

There is one thing I want to try though. Kambi :p Both decks are extremely proactive, running almost no control. Maybe Kambi stands a chance

DRK3

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10956344 said:
I hear you. so boring, both of them. The only interesting decks these factions offer are Axemen, Baseline consume, Moonlight and Deathwish, each of which has got a massive disadvantage against one or both top decks.

There is one thing I want to try though. Kambi :p Both decks are extremely proactive, running almost no control. Maybe Kambi stands a chance

Havent played Kambi in more than 4 months, mostly because i liked to pair it with Queensguard, and i refuse to use them till they get a buff from CDPR (all of the power creep of the past 4-5 updates and they remained the same)

But saw one yesterday, that found funny - i usually see a Kambi deck coming miles away, but wasnt expecting that one, because it had many bad plays and i was like 60 points ahead R3. He actually played Kambi as the last card, and had Morkvarg on board and had Wolfsbane doing +6/-6 after, and he would have won... except he put the Houndsnout that generates the skull that gives him a bear when destroyed on a full row, and so no bear for him!

I love skellige but hate greatswords. Already have titles and rewards for both but choose monsters because I've supported them since the beginning. Nekkers are not popular at the moment. Every deck I play is teched against them. What I really love is how I play SC and they use outlaw into nature's gift, into lock or outlaw into lock unit on my final nekker. This stupid card needed nerfed, it always creates whatever it needs.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10958159 said:
If they r not popular then why every deck is tech against them? :D

I think, the cards that counter GS, counter Nekkers too. And GS decks are popular, Side effect :)

bojerbela;n10958516 said:
I think, the cards that counter GS, counter Nekkers too. And GS decks are popular, Side effect :)

And also Sabbath. Those cards had just become auto-include. I'd say this "fix" broke the game in a whole different direction.

I tried playing Ocvist today - always ended with a nice Jade Figurine on my board.

partci;n10958567 said:
And also Sabbath. Those cards had just become auto-include. I'd say this "fix" broke the game in a whole different direction.

I tried playing Ocvist today - always ended with a nice Jade Figurine on my board.

Oh, yes. My 18 points Forktails experienced this too. (No, I don't play Nekker swarm ;) )

bojerbela;n10958516 said:

Exactly.. & we all know what happen if we failed to counter nekker or sabbath so mandrake is become auto include card this meta.

Doydl;n10955063 said:
All the people complaining about Skellige: keep in mind that skellige lost both of its previous challenges (the very 1st vs NR and vs ST). Also, monsters have an astronomical amount of grave hate, so it should be favored.

Ummm, I have to disagree. Caretaker and Ozzrel are able to mess with the opponent's graveyard but it's hardly astronomical otherwise, monsters would be on the top of the chart instead of Alchemy. I played a moonlight deck with Ozzrel and Caretaker, and still got slaughtered by veteran decks cuz SK has stronger bronzes while bronzes in monsters usually take effect over time under weather. Only a ghoul plays an instant high tempo that can compete with a strengthened GS or Bearmaster. The lack of removals in monster faction is just not ideal against GS. Overall, monsters are just not strong against SK unless you abuse Sabbath.

Cyclops destroy GS with Kayran and Striga.
Veterans is hard to counter because of braindead point spam.

Top Bottom