The day CP 2077.... on E3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxious to play cp I wanted it to be in 2019 ............. but 2020 and the year of CP2020 would be a special date to launch

and we can not forget that they have another game to announce

Well like I said. I just had a problem of the enemies getting strong for no reason. Yes I expect an elder griffin to be stronger then a baby. Yet a normal bandit, drowner, wolf or other basic enemy suddenly just getting 10 times stronger as I just walk over a line in the game. That said that I can not be in this zone tell I am level 20. Punishing me for exploring. Punish me for not doing the main story.

The big appeal of a sandbox is exploring the world. Yet if the world is going try to force me in small area A. If feel that removes a lot from a sandbox. I feel it is a linear story that trying to pretend to be a sandbox.

Friend there is a different between a sandbox game and an old-style-rpg game, the witcher 3 is not sandbox, it is an old-style-rpg, the biggest difference between the 2 is that in a sandbox game you can go anywhere and 90% of the enemies have around the same strength except for some special areas, in old-style-rpg, the entire map can be open to you, sometimes you only need some very minor quests to open certain areas, but each area has a level requirement that they don't tell you, the only way you find out is when you are a level 20 fighting against a level 80 (happened to me multiple times in multiple games), you could see this mostly on the old final fantasy, chrono thrigger and others rpgs of the late 80s and early 90s, I hope CP2077 is just like that, I would really hate if what we get is GTA in the cyberpunk world. I hate GTA.

I've stopped believing what Triple S and MQ say. I don't have anything against them as people, but their "sources" have been notoriously unreliable in the past. I don't think they have any idea what CDPR's hiring policies are.

I have only started to listen to the Triple S at that podcast but i know MQ was right about the map way before anyone else ( shrug ) time will tell i guess.
Post automatically merged:

I have my doubts about their 'sources' as well. They claim the game is coming out in the next 6-8 months...no way.

Not coming out in the next 6-8 months ? When do you think it will come out ? I can`t find the quote but i think it was Snowflakez who posted rightly CDPR wont / can`t take CP2077 to three E3s.

I have only started to listen to the Triple S at that podcast but i know MQ was right about the map way before anyone else ( shrug ) time will tell i guess.

Not coming out in the next 6-8 months ? When do you think it will come out ? I can`t find the quote but i think it was Snowflakez who posted rightly CDPR wont / can`t take CP2077 to three E3s.

I've pointed out the lengthy PR campaigns for all three Witcher games, sometimes in excess of a year. And that clearly hasn't even started yet. I think it was Todd Howard who said you never want to go to more than two E3s, but at the end of the day that won't affect a multi-million dollar dev cycle.

I've pointed out the lengthy PR campaigns for all three Witcher games, sometimes in excess of a year. And that clearly hasn't even started yet. I think it was Todd Howard who said you never want to go to more than two E3s, but at the end of the day that won't affect a multi-million dollar dev cycle.

Boy i hope your wrong that`s to long to wait :LOL:

I've stopped believing what Triple S and MQ say. I don't have anything against them as people, but their "sources" have been notoriously unreliable in the past. I don't think they have any idea what CDPR's hiring policies are.

that law is here (the Netherlands) to .. i think it i a European law

Not really. We plan Cyberpunk 2077 to be a kickass, single player role playing game with ton of hours out of the box. As such, the plan for the game you get at launch is to be a fully closed SP experience.

Just the way i like it ! :cool:

Last edited:
Anything is possible, but excess of a year does not = 2+ years of marketing and hype. CyberBrett is right that I've brought that "unlikely to be at 3 e3s" in the past, but not because of Todd Howard - didn't even know he ever said that. It's just common sense, in my opinion anyway.

People can talk about quality and "coming when its ready" as much as they want, but at the end of the day, Cyberpunk 2077 will not be the second coming of Jesus. It will be damn good, I'm sure, but not the most revolutionary game in the entire world. CDPR has had, and will have, plenty of time to work on it, polish it, and perfect it as much as is reasonably possible even without a 7-year dev cycle. Despite launch bugs and control issues, the Witcher 3 was a fantastic game and became even better with post-release support - it wasn't a "beta" of a game like Anthem/Destiny were.

I think early 2020 at the latest is pretty plausible.

Anything is possible, but excess of a year does not = 2+ years of marketing and hype. CyberBrett is right that I've brought that "unlikely to be at 3 e3s" in the past, but not because of Todd Howard - didn't even know he ever said that. It's just common sense, in my opinion anyway.

People can talk about quality and "coming when its ready" as much as they want, but at the end of the day, Cyberpunk 2077 will not be the second coming of Jesus. It will be damn good, I'm sure, but not the most revolutionary game in the entire world. CDPR has had, and will have, plenty of time to work on it, polish it, and perfect it as much as is reasonably possible even without a 7-year dev cycle. Despite launch bugs and control issues, the Witcher 3 was a fantastic game and became even better with post-release support - it wasn't a "beta" of a game like Anthem/Destiny were.

I think early 2020 at the latest is pretty plausible.

For most of those 7 years it was a small core team. It wasn't until 2016 that everyone got on board. Also, keep in mind they not only rewrote the engine, but everything they're doing is brand new. There is very little opportunity for iteration here. Mostly in quest design perhaps, but most everything else is a first for them. Anyway, not trying to belabor the point, just explaining why I think this game is very much a long-haul endeavor as opposed to the last two Witcher games, which were quite frankly rushed. Hell, even Gwent took longer than TW2.

For most of those 7 years it was a small core team. It wasn't until 2016 that everyone got on board. Also, keep in mind they not only rewrote the engine, but everything they're doing is brand new. There is very little opportunity for iteration here. Mostly in quest design perhaps, but most everything else is a first for them. Anyway, not trying to belabor the point, just explaining why I think this game is very much a long-haul endeavor as opposed to the last two Witcher games, which were quite frankly rushed. Hell, even Gwent took longer than TW2.
So in your point of view, the game has only been in full development for less than 3 years?

I expect Cyberpunk 2077 to at least have some aspects that would be considered fairly innovative. CD Project Red is the type of company that seems to like to push the envelop of what they can accomplish and what's expected out of a game, which is a good thing. I want to support companies that do this to take games further and further into the future.

So in your point of view, the game has only been in full development for less than 3 years?
With a full team? Yes. We know they pulled most of the CP team to finish TW3 and its expansions. There was an excellent article that detailed this time period where they tried to develop CP and TW3 simultaneously, and it went disastrously wrong.

All I wanna see and hear is them come out on stage, and say "It's READY", drop the mic, and roll live game play footage while servers crash all over the planet with the feeding frenzy of people buying their copy for download.
one problem with that wish. they arnt EA or bethesda if they pull that they are prepared for the flood

I know we are all anxious to see cyberpunk at E3 but does anyone know if we will get a hint on what the next rpg CP is working on. I know it has been said it will not be in the witchery universe? So I am just wondering what other gifts they are planning to deliver to all of us good boys and girls?

I know we are all anxious to see cyberpunk at E3 but does anyone know if we will get a hint on what the next rpg CP is working on. I know it has been said it will not be in the witchery universe? So I am just wondering what other gifts they are planning to deliver to all of us good boys and girls?

I'm hoping for an RPG set in a school environment, something similar to Rockstar's Bully.

Adam Kicinski said not to speculate about what this new title is, which I believe is his way of saying to not hype it up before it's reveal. I think I might have some idea what it can be and if it's what I think it is, by hyping it up you will probably set yourself for disappointment.

Well I rest my case, if you guys think this game does well, lets hope so. Not that this is dark, but this game is extremely manly too.

Celebs as promoting tools are overused, time to put them in the game.

I don't understand how Cyberpunk 2077 is 'manly'.

I don't understand how Cyberpunk 2077 is 'manly'.

Just take a look at the screenshots or gameplay trailer. Compare to Final Fantasy for example? Or even GTA. Final Fantasy is Pretty, GTA is Young, Cyberpunk is Dudefest, imho. Borderlands is Ageless, so dark IPs are hard already and this is definitely leaning forward masculine side, good or bad? You choose. Diablo is Dark IP but its kinda of "neutral" if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom