The final fate of Ves

+
The final fate of Ves

It seems that, after patch 1.12, Ves is finally dead. Before the patch, the only character which was declared as dead was Roche, nothing coul have been seen about Ves in the journal but this change has been made in the last update. All these only if you chose to side with Dijkstra in Reasons of State

They had something prepared for her or it was just a simple mistake?

IMO, this is another prove that CDPR won't do any big change in the story if there is an EE or an Expansion. If anything of these finally happens

IMO, this is another prove that CDPR won't do any big change in the story if there is an EE or an Expansion. If anything of these finally happens

I fear so too... And I start to believe there won't be an EE... The comments by CDPR of the last time give me reason to think so... :cry:

I fear so too... And I start to believe there won't be an EE... The comments by CDPR of the last time give me reason to think so... :cry:

Which comments? I haven't seen anything apart from those comments which were made a month after the release

It seems that, after patch 1.12, Ves is finally dead. Before the patch, the only character which was declared as dead was Roche, nothing coul have been seen about Ves in the journal but this change has been made in the last update. All these only if you chose to side with Dijkstra in Reasons of State

They had something prepared for her or it was just a simple mistake?

The line about her death was already in the game files before the recent patches:
0x00105f0d | | Ves
0x00105f0e | | Ves was a veteran officer of the Blue Stripes, perhaps the only soldier from Roche's former division to have survived the war. After the Blue Stripes were decimated and disbanded, Ves remained by her commander and continued with him the (seemingly hopeless) struggle for Temerian freedom.<br><br>Energetic and tough, Ves had always impressed wherever she went with her skill with crossbow and sword alike, leaving all the men in her division far behind.<br>
0x00105f11 | | Though usually well-disciplined, Ves refused to heed Vernon's command and set off alone to face enemy forces.<br>
0x00105f12 | | Sadly, help came too late and the fierce warrior paid for her hot-headedness with her life.<br>
0x00105f13 | | Ves' rash move landed her in a horrible pot of trouble that only Geralt's sword could dish her out of.<br>
0x00105f14 | | Even had Ves not owed Geralt her life, she would have come to the defense of Kaer Morhen all the same, for she would follow Vernon Roche into the very bowels of the abyss.<br>
0x00105f15 | | Ves had been a soldier all her life, a fact which made her unfortunate death during a political intrigue even bitterer. At least one part of her death matched her life: she fell at her commander's side.
If that line was not shown in the journal before 1.12, then that might have been a bug that is now fixed.

I fear so too... And I start to believe there won't be an EE...

There may still be an EE, but I do agree with Sam2305 that it would probably not change the story in any significant way.

There may still be an EE, but I do agree with Sam2305 that it would probably not change the story in any significant way.

The problem is that they said that they were thinking about it. To implement changes in the story. It was said in the thread Politics of TW3

---------- Updated at 07:56 PM ----------

Thank you for the links. It's depressing to be right on everything I supposed about the future plans of CDPR

They only denied the rumors specifically about the "enhanced edition" to be released on 5th February, as advertised by some French retailers. "There's no Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that we are aware of" - but that does not imply that it is certain that there will not be one in the future, either. At least that is how I interpreted it.

Why would even side with Dijkstra? That bigass nincompoop didn't help me during the Battle of Kaer Morhen as I didn't extract any information from Menge. I'd rather fall off a cliff than betraying Roche & co.

They only denied the rumors specifically about the "enhanced edition" to be released on 5th February, as advertised by some French retailers. "There's no Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that we are aware of" - but that does not imply that it is certain that there will not be one in the future, either. At least that is how I interpreted it.

The last line makes me fear it: "Burza doesn't deny the possibility of an Enhanced Edition in future, but I'd expect it to take the form of a complete 'game of the year'-type deal." And game of the year is not the same like an EE in my opinion...

---------- Updated at 08:06 PM ----------

Why would even side with Dijkstra? That bigass nincompoop didn't help me during the Battle of Kaer Morhen as I didn't extract any information from Menge. I'd rather fall off a cliff than betraying Roche & co.

Because I like him. He has an appealing appearance as well as Trollololo... :lol:

The last line makes me fear it: "Burza doesn't deny the possibility of an Enhanced Edition in future, but I'd expect it to take the form of a complete 'game of the year'-type deal." And game of the year is not the same like an EE in my opinion...

Burza46's post only says this:

"There's no Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that we are aware of, this is some kind of error that we will look into. Thanks!"

The GOTY edition looks more like speculation by PC Gamer, although I admittedly would not be very surprised if it turns out to be true.

Because I like him. He has an appealing appearance as well as Trollolo... :lol:

Also, not everyone likes the idea of Nilfgaard winning.

Yes, for the North!!! Royal salute!!!

If I'm role-playing Geralt then he doesn't give a fuck about the politics surrounding the war. I just can't betray Roche as he has helped me during the battle of Kaer Morhen and as Geralt has a soft spot for Temeria, it gets to exist under Roche's agreement with Emhyr.

Top Bottom