The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I think he meant visually, which I dunno man.

For a multiplat open world RPG it looks pretty damn good. And unlike the initial TW3 reveal, this isn't a vertical slice running solely on PC hardware.

For a multiplat open world RPG it looks pretty damn good. And unlike the initial TW3 reveal, this isn't a vertical slice running solely on PC hardware.
No clue either, but if they can make CP2077 look this good on XBox and PC with decent frame rates and draw distance I'll be more then impressed.

Agreed!

The best part is, the visuals actually look achievable, unlike TW3's initial video. Character models and textures were good, but not so amazing that I'm blown away entirely (and thus, completely cynical and disbelieving).

What are you referring to, specifically? Visuals? What did you expect? It's going to apparently be a dense city with "3D movement" (flying cars?). GTA V looks about the same, if not a little worse in some ways (probably better in others). And the game still needs to run (well) on the default XBONE and PS4.

PC, PS4 Pro and Xbone X users will almost certainly get some sort of additional "hi-def" option, or option(s) in the case of PC.

If you mean gameplay, well, this was just a teaser. They already said they're going to show more at their E3 2018 booth.

Remember, they said they'd let us know "before or at E3" what they were up to. Consider this a simple "We'll be there, and we'll be talking to people and doing other non-teaser stuff" (As confirmed by the Coliseum guy, and their hidden message).
Honestly? I mean everything about TW3's launch was better than this, but of course i want this game to succeed. The reveal was just...not like what they accomplished with TW3. Not even close.

Honestly? I mean everything about TW3's launch was better than this, but of course i want this game to succeed. The reveal was just...not like what they accomplished with TW3. Not even close.

What exactly did they accomplish with TW3 that they didn't accomplish here? :unsure:

I'm not being a CDPR fanboy, I just would like to understand your perspective.

Saw trailer finally..loved it..and I hurt myself laughing in a scene where NPCs were disappearing and glitching out.
And amazed at all the new people joining...so many...

Hope the influx of new folks doesn't scare you off, old timer. <3

The crazy amount of hate and animosity for there being sunlight in the trailer is scaring me.

I think many people are critical of this trailer because it's a sharp deviation from the original concept trailer. The bright cartoon-like tone and colorful art style doesn't appeal to people who expected a darker and more realistic take on Cyberpunk.

I don’t really mind the brightness. They said years ago already that aren’t going to make a dark and hopeless Bladerunnerworld.

It is a bit off tone, but it’s also not 2020 anymore.

And the contrast between visually bright and occasional lashes of thematical grime and darkness can be quite satisfying if done right.

Last edited:
I do not see what is wrong with the brightness. Just because it is called "Night City", it does not mean you never see daylight. :) Also, the aesthetics could change in the final release. They did in The Witcher 3, the 2013 trailers looked similar to Skyrim, while the actual game is much more colorful. It may even be intentional to attract the "GTA" crowd, it would not be an unusual approach to target multiple audiences. So, on the surface the trailer shows action, car chases and explosions, while the hidden messages reassure the hardcore fans that the game is still an RPG.

Interesting they put the word "beep" and the coresponding sound when the hacking program starts.
I am curious about the day-night cycle of the city life.
Is it ice cream in the day and the bed bugs bite at night, or the good and bad happen no matter the o'clock?

Is it ice cream in the day and the bed bugs bite at night, or the good and bad happen no matter the o'clock?

In the Witcher 2 and 3, the time of day makes only minor gameplay relevant differences, so something similar seems more likely than not, but it could change in CP2077, especially with the different roles.

More than likely, time of day only makes a difference in the kind of crime you see. People in real life tend to be much more brazen in the dark.

Top Bottom