The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
its 2 20 am in the Adelaide Darwin time zone.....time to put on a movie, hhmmmm i pick Dredd tonight..chill time.

I'm thinking about watching that movie.. But i'm not sure. Can anyone confirm if its a good movie or not? (We are talking about the new movie, not the old one.)

It's awesome! They totally nailed Dredd's persona in this one. And the helmet doesn't come off!

To tell the truth i was a bit annoyed by the helmet bit. They messed with Dredd's character just to give Stallone a little more face time. Thanks.. Now i have to watch it. :D

To tell the truth i was a bit annoyed by the helmet bit. They messed with Dredd's character just to give Stallone a little more face time. Thanks.. Now i have to watch it. :D

You really get the feeling that Dredd cares about the law and sod all else. Civilian casualties are just unfortunate collateral damage.

yeah that movie was good, finally a worthy dredd movie...the slow mo drug, the action, the story, the characters and the soundtrack are all tops.

"She's a pass"

Also, the budget for Dredd 3D was half the budget of the 1995 movie. (And they were 17 years apart!!!)

That goes to show you don't need a enormous budget to make a great movie. All you need is a good story, good actors/actresses and a good director who is not an asshole. (Someone who wont selfishly ruin a good, well established story to make it fit his corrupted vision.)

oh i totally loved teh original stallone dredd, say what you will but if you watch it as a classic type 80's action flick full of cheese and awesome badasses it's got it all, jsut don't hold it up to the comic too much and you will love it no matter what ... that is if your into those kinds of movies lol anyway i loved it.

i'm really on the fence about the new one, i havn't seen it but i'm afraid i might compare it to the first movie too much lol, anyway it's on my list of things to watch, also i wan to see the new total recaal, again loved the first one, but dont' know about thisi second one, without the greats like stallone and arni i just dont' know if they can live up to my 80's super hero type dreams lol.

oh i totally loved teh original stallone dredd, say what you will but if you watch it as a classic type 80's action flick full of cheese and awesome badasses it's got it all, jsut don't hold it up to the comic too much and you will love it no matter what ... that is if your into those kinds of movies lol anyway i loved it.

i'm really on the fence about the new one, i havn't seen it but i'm afraid i might compare it to the first movie too much lol, anyway it's on my list of things to watch, also i wan to see the new total recaal, again loved the first one, but dont' know about thisi second one, without the greats like stallone and arni i just dont' know if they can live up to my 80's super hero type dreams lol.

I'm not saying it was a bad movie. As a separate movie it was kinda great. It just failed miserably as a comic book adaptation. To be fair, maybe it failed less so than the comic book adaptations they make today.. Directors should get hit in the head and physically and mentally abused whenever they change something about a character, story or the setting.. Repeatedly.. Those assholes change thing for the changes sake. Just to turn the movie into their twisted vision. They make absolutely retarded additions to the story. They change the very nature of the characters. (Like what they did with Deadpool in Xmen origins. Or what they did with Xmen in the first place. They had absolutely brilliant actors/actresses and they had an absolutely amazing comic book story. But what did they do with it? They pisses all over it. Thats what they did. I'm really annoyed about these stuff.

I just spotted this in reddit.
Videogame Logic
http://imgur.com/a/iAL4r

Okay, what the eff, Chris, how is that picture at all related to db's post?

New rule: anytime, anyone posts an unrelated image in regards to anything, -10 cool points. Score will be kept, zero tolerance policy. Dark times call for dark measures.

New rule: anytime, anyone posts an unrelated image in regards to anything, -10 cool points. Score will be kept, zero tolerance policy. Dark times call for dark measures.

Well, singular tolerance. I thought it was pretty mandatory for Forlorn Hope posts to be non sequitor. But you're right about the cool points.

Can I..can I start with -100 cool points for just general Me-ness? You have to admit, it seems reasonable!

That's fine. I propose a second rule: -20 points to numpties who can't read between the lines.

(Hint, read the name of the brand on the can... I bought 12 cans for £2 so I'm going to be posting a few...)

There weren't any "lines" to read, dude, haha. I guess I would have found it funnier in a post-breakfast state. Okay, noted- only read Chris's jokes on a not-empty stomach.

I bought 12 cans for £2 so I'm going to be posting a few...

That's fine. I propose a second rule: -20 points to numpties who can't read between the lines.

(Hint, read the name of the brand on the can... I bought 12 cans for £2 so I'm going to be posting a few...)

12 cans? Isn't it really, really sweet?

http://www.news.com.au/school-warns-children-off-lol-juice/story-e6frfl49-1225699433252

I just don't know how anyone can drink stuff that sweet, it tends to have a really nasty aftertaste. I prefer my drinks sour enough to make me purse my lips or grimace, it's more natural that way.

And £2 - You're a Brit? Are we actually allowed more than one per forum? I thought we had a rule about that.

@Sard, Of course you get to start with -100. You really didn't need to ask.

Top Bottom