The future of Cyberpunk 2077?

+
As far as I know, absolutely nothing have been officially announced about expansion(s).
The only thing that is certain is that the first expansion won't be released before "early" 2023, that's all :)
I think they said in the latest investers video that its "a new story" whatever that means. Some speculated another protagonist and some think its just a new sidestory for V. Perhaps a new lead on how too save him/herself. Could be cool if its a totaly new string of quests that you can do, with diffrent endings too.

I think they said in the latest investers video that its "a new story" whatever that means. Some speculated another protagonist and some think its just a new sidestory for V. Perhaps a new lead on how too save him/herself. Could be cool if its a totaly new string of quests that you can do, with diffrent endings too.
Yep, it can be "anything" :)
(and whatever it will be, it would be cool, I'm quite confident about this point^^)

I do not think that CD Project Red will invest more then one Addon into CP2077 and I do not believe that we will see a sequel of it. While the sales of the game were not that bad I think at this point they will release multiple Updates and bug fixes with one Addon that will be very good but with more of the same.

The reason for that is that they want to regain some of the reputation that they lost with their fans by giving them the minimum they have promised and then move on with the Witcher franchise that is waaay more profitable at this point and also has waaay better reputation than CP77.

The reason why they are moving away from the Red Engine is the way they build up their company.
You see, CDPR offers people timed jobs. For example you have a game you want to create and you need 10 of these then 15 of these and so on. You find these people give them a contract for a period of time that you think the game needs and then you let them do their job BUT if you have your own engine all these people that you gave that contract, well you need to teach them how to work with your engine while if you use the UE5 you already have a high pool to choose your workforce from and you can demand that they are already skilled with the engine so you don't loose time and money on teaching them how to use it.

The red engine will die and so will the CP franchise AND believe me I am not a hater of the game actually I am a huge fan of the game and of the Pen&Paper version and it hurts too see what they did with the franchise that had sooo much potential.

A lot of miscalculation and wrong expectations got the game to where it is now and its sad to see BUT there is hope!

If the Netflix show turns out to be on a high level like lets say the Arcane Show that is also on Netflix it could get a high popularity boost and they might see it as something that is profitable to invest money in it but as it stands now the future is grim for CP77

I'm sorry, but how exactly are this two tied together? Red Engine is just that, an engine - it wasn't even developed for Cyberpunk specifically. Nothing is stopping them from making Cyberpunk 2080 (or something) on UE 5, so I don't think there is any concern in a future of franchise as a whole.
Yeah the jury is still out on a second expansion but they’re definitely making a sequel to CP2077.

Chances are we won't have any new contents apart from an expansion and classic updates (bug fixes). Even the Cyberpunk 2077 standalone multiplayer is running now on the Unreal Engine 5.

I don't see why they should drop Cyberpunk. Despite the backlash after the release, there is a solid Fanbase and plenty of Material/Lore to work with. I think they set a really good foundation for an awesome Franchise.

havent they already said that tthe xpac will take place before the endings with an own kind of story? : /

Technically no. However, it had been datamined that it'll take place in Pacifica. That being said, that doesn't mean the expansions don't give more ending context. Imagine like the Leviathan dlc for Mass Effect 3.

Seems Starfield is delayed until q1 2023 now too. Wow alot of big games keep getting delays, this game has hade a bigger impact then i thought. Its probably a good thing.. For Cp2077 tho it might be a bad thing.

Seems Starfield is delayed until q1 2023 now too. Wow alot of big games keep getting delays, this game has hade a bigger impact then i thought. Its probably a good thing.. For Cp2077 tho it might be a bad thing.

Games getting delayed has nothing to do with Cyberpunk. However, I think the suits of the industry need to start listening to their devs more instead of their wallets. So, this shit doesn't happen that often. Delays are gonna happen that's just the nature of this industry, so limiting then is crucial.

Its probably a good thing.. For Cp2077 tho it might be a bad thing.
Honestly, I don't know :)
Maybe for those which can't play one game then another one. In my case, it wouldn't change anything if both are released the same day (I'll play both in a row anyway^^).

I have a sneaky suspicion an update 1.6 or something might happen? Sorry, it’s Friday the 13th I suppose. But I’m enjoying the fire out of this game.
The simpler the better.

Games getting delayed has nothing to do with Cyberpunk. However, I think the suits of the industry need to start listening to their devs more instead of their wallets. So, this shit doesn't happen that often. Delays are gonna happen that's just the nature of this industry, so limiting then is crucial.
It was pretty much said that it could be another Cyberpunk if it wasen't delayed i think.. So it seems it has some affect.

Honestly, I don't know :)
Maybe for those which can't play one game then another one. In my case, it wouldn't change anything if both are released the same day (I'll play both in a row anyway^^).
Probably true for most hardcore fans, ill wait untill reviews this time around. It can hurt sales at release tho just as bad reviews or other factors. Depending on how good Starfield is too ofc. Competition from big game releases are rarely good.

Top Bottom