The game is too easy and every build becomes OP way too fast.

+
People are suspecting they did have a different version of this game but scrapped a bunch of concepts and had to rush this version out in a short amount of time. Such as monowire isn't anything like how it was in the trailers. And you used to be able to jack directly into people. Now all you have to do is just look at them and to make things worse, Legendary ping lets your quickhacks work through walls.

I'm going to start a new game and do perkless run, common guns only, no tech/shotty. Maybe then the game will be hard.

I wouldn't be surprised. It would be so cool have an actual sword fight with the block and counter system but everyone dies in 1 hit so you can't really. Imagine how cool it would be to have a proper duel with someone that has mantis blades while you have a Katana.

High level Sandevistans just completely break the game. You can hit someone so many times before they can even react it's stupid. I had a fight with the Sasquatch boss lady with the hammer in the mall. She went down without being able to even swing her weapon.

I think there is some hope that they will actually fix it, because they are in a place where doing an "enhanced edition" wouldn't be totally outrageous, given that the expectation is for them to fix a lot of what was promised is anyways.

The biggest things that suck about the actual game are:
1. The story leaves you unsatisfied because it doesn't feel like anything you do actually matters in the end. We always knew you couldn't save the world, but you can't even save yourself.
2. Systems design / Game balance is broken, making you become so overpowered that nothing is a challenge before you ever even go on the Heist mission.
3. The whole car portion of the game is bunk, from the vehicle physics to the driver AI. it just adds nothing for the RPG crowd and is a joke to the GTA crowd.

If they fix all the technical issues but leave those three things unresolved this game is going to basically be forgotten, or only remembered for the absurd hype and disastrous launch. It's not a bad game, but it has nothing that keeps you hooked. The story is pretty short, and the ending sucks. That means the real meat of the game is the open world stuff, but the driving sucks, the fighting sucks, and the progression isn't rewarding, so the open world misses out on some of the most important things that make an open world appealing.

If they do fix those things this could very well be remembered as one of the best games ever, so I think there is a huge incentive for them to fix system design issues. A multiplayer offshoot to this game that sends teams of players on missions could also be massively popular, but would fail hard if they don't sort character building, balance and progression, so that's another big reason to put the work in now.

I think there is some hope that they will actually fix it, because they are in a place where doing an "enhanced edition" wouldn't be totally outrageous, given that the expectation is for them to fix a lot of what was promised is anyways.

The biggest things that suck about the actual game are:
1. The story leaves you unsatisfied because it doesn't feel like anything you do actually matters in the end. We always knew you couldn't save the world, but you can't even save yourself.
2. Systems design / Game balance is broken, making you become so overpowered that nothing is a challenge before you ever even go on the Heist mission.
3. The whole car portion of the game is bunk, from the vehicle physics to the driver AI. it just adds nothing for the RPG crowd and is a joke to the GTA crowd.

If they fix all the technical issues but leave those three things unresolved this game is going to basically be forgotten, or only remembered for the absurd hype and disastrous launch. It's not a bad game, but it has nothing that keeps you hooked. The story is pretty short, and the ending sucks. That means the real meat of the game is the open world stuff, but the driving sucks, the fighting sucks, and the progression isn't rewarding, so the open world misses out on some of the most important things that make an open world appealing.

If they do fix those things this could very well be remembered as one of the best games ever, so I think there is a huge incentive for them to fix system design issues. A multiplayer offshoot to this game that sends teams of players on missions could also be massively popular, but would fail hard if they don't sort character building, balance and progression, so that's another big reason to put the work in now.

Oh, I think it will be improved - if not by CDPR, then by the modding community.

That's one positive of them having sold so many copies of the game, that there's a large community with a correspondingly large modding segment.

The problem is the time it will take. Unless there's some kind of spectacular oversight in terms of missing systems not properly implemented, or one of those unfortunate bugs where parts of the "Easy" difficulty somehow became part of "Very Hard" - then we're talking a major overhaul.

Almost everything needs a thorough looking after.

I have many ideas on how to make the systems interesting, but I have almost no faith in CDPR at this point to understand how to balance a game.

I mean, Witcher 3 was also quite a mess - but the systems weren't flexible enough to break the game quite so easily.

I'm not sure people are willing to stick around for the many months it will take, however. Unlike games like Skyrim or Fallout 4 - the initial reception hasn't been very warm to say the least.

But we'll see.

All I know is that I need to leave it alone and try my best to forget this game ever existed. At some point down the line, in a year or two - I might be lucky enough to get a proper open world Deus Ex game with a heavy emphasis on a rich narrative - but I'm none too confident.

Even if I do, though, it will not be the fresh next-gen dream we all had. It will be a game that's outpaced by other more modern games - and we'll never know what this was supposed to be.

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 part 2 in 5-6 years will do that.... But I'm not planning any vacation around that, that's for sure.

i made a post about crit being way to OP on revolver. i was lvl 12 flat lining enemies like i was doing a johnny silverhand level with his gun. it was so uncool and not rewarding. my game is on hard as well.
funny though because animals gang memebers use revolvers and they flat line V in 2-3 shots

Patch seems to be out.

Can someone test some high level enemies with a decent build, just to see if by some miracle something has changed?

The problem with all of these suggestions, is that they're coming from us, the players.
If they implemented everything we suggested here, it would still take away a little of the magic.
These are all discussions that should have been sorted during the Design and Playtest phase, months, if not years ago.

Difficulty Scaling
Rock/scissors/paper encounters
Deeper game loop

The Division (Ubisoft) had an NPC difficulty system that might work to improve this.
Today, t-shirt wearing gangsters in one part of the city are stronger than identical looking mobs in another part of the city. There is a point during leveling, before you become OP, that it's not advised to wander outside of the area for which you are leveled. That makes no sense.

As many folks pointed out above (as was mentioned in the E32018 reveals and following dev diaries), there are supposed to be bosses. In The Division, they had guys wearing body armor (who weren't necessarily cops or Militech types) who were by design harder. You could encounter them ANYWHERE in the world and you knew it was going to be a tougher fight. Instead of drastically changing how the existing weak mobs function, they simply need to add factions or boss units within existing factions that take immunity, damage, and other things into account. That alone would be enough to improve the replay value vs. just effectively nerfing the players to feel weaker overall.

Several posts deleted. Keep the topic on issues of balance.

Members are free to agree or disagree, but everyone is going to need to do so respectfully.

I think the balance is the worst part about this game, because it ruins the open world experience when the fights take no skill, and all the reward systems aren't rewarding because you're already so powerful that nothing matters. Not every difficulty setting should be easy.

Even on very hard difficulty you one hit kill everything by level 11 with most builds, and all builds become OP on very hard by level 20, sooner if you focus on damage perks.

- Handgun one hit kills everything in the game with headshot/crit modifiers from stealth.
- Shotgun is so overpowered that even if you had 0 perks in the game with 0 attributes invested, you can kill people with a single shot by using one that has burn damage on it, and putting on a status effect mod for increased chance. The burn does thousands of damage nd kills everything on very hard ignoring their stats, allowing you to kill enemies who are "very hard" on the map.
- Tech weapons not only one hit kill everything on very hard, but they also shoot through walls and the AI is too dumb to be able to do anything against it. Seriously you don't even need ANY perks to clear a quest with tech weapons. You can have 0 perks invested in shotgun and use a tech shotty and still kill everything easily.. Don't even get me started on tech rifles.
- Both Blunt & Blade builds instakill everything on very hard. Heck I been killing bosses in 3 seconds by level 10 on very hard.. A good portion of their perks don't even work and yet they're still OP.
- Quickhacks are bad at first, but if you rush for being able to craft epic/legendary quickhacks then it's GG, you can kill entire building of people in less than 10 seconds without even going inside.
- You can just stack armor mods on all your clothing to reduce damage significantly. Thousands of armor.

Only way to give yourself a challenge past level 15 is to not run any perks while avoiding tech weapons, shotguns and any weapon that can burn/bleed enemies. Also you have to avoid using armor mods and make sure you never equip any legendary/epic weapons. Because heck the legendary/epic weapons kill things so easily even without perks invested in them. Oh and make sure you don't equip a legendary cyberdeck.

You basically have to not play the game, to be challenged.

Oh god yes. I've been saying for over a week now that by the time you hit around level 16 (INT/hacking) you are effectively the Lawnmower Man or Neo even on Very Hard, and the only time anything is somewhat of a challenge is on the Very High threat encounters primarily due to enemies requiring so much ram to hack. Once you unlock legendary Ping you can just hide behind a wall and wipe out everything without them ever finding you.

I thought maybe it was just that hacking is what was overpowered, but it's not at all. I made a shotgun build, and sure enough, by level 20 it was basically god mode on the Very Hard difficulty and it killed even faster than hacking did against Very High threats. If you invest in movement speed, time dilation and the mods that replenish your health once you hit a specific threshold, you just can't die unless you go AFK in the middle of a fire fight.

CDPR has never been able to do balancing right, which is why they had to release a mod for TW1 and TW2 to make the game somewhat more of a challenge (no idea if they did this with TW3). People also claimed that Death March with TW3 made the combat "more tactical", but it didn't. It just made it tedious. In this game however, the highest difficulty is a joke by the time you still have thirty levels left to reach the cap. You also don't even need a single perk point invested into weapons or armor to one-shot enemies with weapons, or to become nearly invincible against gun fire.

Making the game like this for people who just ignore the "RPG elements" (the game isn't an RPG and the "elements" are barely there as it is) and rush through the Main Quest while ignoring everything else would be fine on the Normal (should be Easy) difficulty, but not on Hard, and especially not on Very Hard.

Last edited:
Oh god yes. I've been saying for over a week now that by the time you hit around level 16 (INT/hacking) you are effectively the Lawnmower Man or Neo even on Very Hard, and the only time anything is somewhat of a challenge is on the Very High threat encounters primarily due to enemies requiring so much ram to hack. Once you unlock legendary Ping you can just hide behind a wall and wipe out everything without them ever finding you.

I thought maybe it was just that hacking is what was overpowered, but it's not at all. I made a shotgun build, and sure enough, by level 20 it was basically god mode on the Very Hard difficulty and it killed even faster than hacking did against Very High threats. If you invest in movement speed, time dilation and the mods that replenish your health once you hit a specific threshold, you just can't die unless you go AFK in the middle of a fire fight.

CDPR has never been able to do balancing right, which is why they had to release a mod for TW1 and TW2 to make the game somewhat more of a challenge (no idea if they did this with TW3). People also claimed that Death March with TW3 made the combat "more tactical", but it didn't. It just made it tedious. In this game however, the highest difficulty is a joke by the time you still have thirty levels left to reach the cap. You also don't even need a single perk point invested into weapons or armor to one-shot enemies with weapons, or to become nearly invincible against gun fire.

Making the game like this for people who just ignore the "RPG elements" (the game isn't an RPG and the "elements" are barely there as it is) and rush through the Main Quest while ignoring everything else would be fine on the Normal (should be Easy) difficulty, but not on Hard, and especially not on Very Hard.
I'll say it again, in this thread. CDPR tries to copy other RPG's but missed a very important detail. In other RPG's as you level up you go against a variety of different enemies with their own sets of immunities and tactics that require different approaches to killing them. But in Cyberpunk the enemies you face are exactly the same with the only difference being they have slightly more armor and HP. So every time you add a perk point or get a legendary/epic weapon, the gap between you and enemies gets wider and wider. The player is getting all these new tools to deal with enemies while they are unchanging.

This game fails in many departments, it's almost as if whoever designed the combat is copying gameplay elements without understanding the reason or logic behind them or maybe they did it for marketing purposes and it sounded cool in interviews to hype up the game.

I agree only that crafting is op, otherwise through out the whole game without multiple armadillo mods you can still easily be killed with melee build, it takes just a couple of shots, and chances of getting shot heavily depends on layout of levels, but many of them quite open and allow enemies to shoot you from multiple sides. Can't say anything about other builds though.
Also, driving is fine, it is more realistic than in GTA and i like more realism. As time passed i learned how to drive properly.

I agree only that crafting is op, otherwise through out the whole game without multiple armadillo mods you can still easily be killed with melee build, it takes just a couple of shots, and chances of getting shot heavily depends on layout of levels, but many of them quite open and allow enemies to shoot you from multiple sides. Can't say anything about other builds though.
Also, driving is fine, it is more realistic than in GTA and i like more realism. As time passed i learned how to drive properly.
With melee build and medkit you can regen over 12% health per second (even more with 50% more effective consumables). With Street Brawler build you can reach 1k+ health so you will heal over 100 hp/s and will not die in a couple of shots unless some enemy hits you with explosives

Yes it needs to be re-blanced for sure. Cyberpunk is not supposed to be a walk in the park, and with some of those perks its also a picnic!

I get that it can't be anywhere near as fluid or deep as Doom Eternal in terms of the movement and shooting (afterall, that's the entire point of Doom) but the variety of enemies, weapon combos, utility items, etc made for a really satisfying combat loop in that game.

If CDPR could mimic that just a little, would be good I think.

But tbh, getting me to re-purchase (I refunded) this game a year down the line is gonna be a hard sell if they cannot completely guarantee it's going to run at 60 FPS on a rig well above min spec and be completely bug/crash free.

Hacking is so broken that even if they did that it wouldn't save them. With the perk that increase spread distance by 2 times, with the cyberdeck that increase distance by 60%. You can hit someone with poison 2 floors below the person you targeted and the damage gets so high later that 2 ticks kills them. And with ram cost reduction perks ultimate hacks are so cheap.

This is the sad state of this game, it's not just 1 or 2 things that need to be changed. The entire system needs to be overhauled for it to be even remotely challenging. Damage is too high, the perks are too powerful making your hacks cost practically nothing. Legendary perks are busted, can use quickhacks through walls. They have quickhacks that are literal instant kills and a deck that makes them AOE. The aoe is too massive, enemy AI doesn't know what to do. The list goes on and on and that's JUST quickhacks. There's a long list of cheese tactics for every weapon and build in this game. These issues can't be fixed with a small patch, they'd have to do something drastic.

By drastic I mean you erase the whole perk tree, and put those perks into modifiers that go on top of weapons. So you have a contagion quickhack, but there's like 50 different variants of contagion, one might have a cost reduction, another might have bigger AOE. Instead of this perk system that gives you everything making it incredibly busted. Even then that's not enough, AI, enemy variety.. so much must be changed.

@DKDArtagnan is right, I'm gonna have to make my peace with this game also, there's no way they're going to fix this.

why wouldnt they fix it? they plan two big content patches for January and February.... skill overhaul, item cost rebalance are most likely part of those... people are so overdramatic these days... they think this game will stay forewer the way it was released and nothing will change... Witcher 3 had plenty of similar issues with items, people "farmed" cows for cheap money until it got fixed (and quite well).. so just give them time to do their thing.. Yes, game was released in bad shape, but its not like they announced they will do nothing about it....

I agree on some points! But I also agree on some things being OP–the high tech future is just like that I believe! :D

scaling all enemies whats the point of leveling then ? The point of leveling is to become stronger and overcome enemies. It's like 1 guy goes to the GYM and MMA training and he makes all planet stronger.

Top Bottom