The General Videogame Thread

+
@Gilrond-i-Virdan Planetary Nomads is the opposite of No Man's sky in many ways. No Man's Sky is all about exploring a massive, procedurally generated universe. Planetary Nomads is all about exploring & surviving on one single planet. Two different approaches the same genre.

Some of you are going to laugh at this: I'm only just reaching the end of the main story of The Witcher 3.
I'm on Skellige for the Sunstone and I've killed Madman Lugos, wrecked Avallach's lab, helped Ciri bury Skjall and now I'm going to look for Fringilla.

So I haven't even played Hearts of Stone. I know, laugh it up. :p

Last edited:
Some of you are going to laugh at this: I'm only just reaching the end of the main story of The Witcher 3.
I'm on Skellige for the Sunstone and I've killed Madman Lugos, wrecked Avallach's lab, helped Ciri bury Skjall and now I'm going to look for Fringilla.

So I haven't even played Hearts of Stone. I know, laugh it up. :p

If you've struggled to finish TW3, I think the expansions might be right up your alley. More focused, better bosses and mostly better writing.

If you've struggled to finish TW3, I think the expansions might be right up your alley. More focused, better bosses and mostly better writing.

I'm definitely near the end right? I hear that Blood and Wine is the best of the two expansions.

I haven't played the expansions yet either. I wanted to replay the whole game with mods first, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll just buy the expansions and play them from my level 34 save file.

I haven't played the expansions yet either. I wanted to replay the whole game with mods first, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll just buy the expansions and play them from my level 34 save file.

Mistake #1: Playing the game without mods.

Mistake #2: Not playing the expansions.

Seriously, the core mods that make the game much better are easy to install. Anywhoo, this is not a witcher thread...

Mistake #1: Playing the game without mods.

Mistake #2: Not playing the expansions.

Seriously, the core mods that make the game much better are easy to install. Anywhoo, this is not a witcher thread...

Sorry. I didn't know where else to put it.

Been thinking about picking up Mankind Divided, (I am running with a 980ti & I7) but my Pa warned me that it supposedly runs awfully even on the higher end of the spectrum.
Can anyone attest to it's performance issues? And is it just the PC version?

Is it just another Square Enix catastrophe like Rise of the Tomb Raider which felt like it was going to melt my PC and slow cook me in my room as I was playing it? (Come to think of it, still haven't picked that game back up).

Since the expansions were mentioned, my opinion is Hearts of Stone is quite good, but very action oriented. Blood and Wine is pretty much a game in its own right, with a solid main story and relevant side quests, much more cohesive than the main game. Unlike the rest of TW3, I wanted to replay B&W almost immediately.

Since the expansions were mentioned, my opinion is Hearts of Stone is quite good, but very action oriented. Blood and Wine is pretty much a game in its own right, with a solid main story and relevant side quests, much more cohesive than the main game. Unlike the rest of TW3, I wanted to replay B&W almost immediately.

I agree 100%. It's nearly impossible to play HoS as a stand-alone game. But BaW could be very well a stand-alone! In my opinion HoS is in the final analyses just one single questline (a longer one of course) as part of the whole game TW3.

Blood and Wine is pretty much a game in its own right, with a solid main story and relevant side quests, much more cohesive than the main game. Unlike the rest of TW3, I wanted to replay B&W almost immediately.
Sounds like I am missing out.

Okay folks, please be kind and continue with Witcher topic in appropriate Witcher forums. This is a general video game thread, yes, but because we do have own forums for Witcher games, that topic should be discussed there. Or you can take the discussion to private mails.

Further Witcher posts in this thread will be deleted or moved.

Been thinking about picking up Mankind Divided, (I am running with a 980ti & I7) but my Pa warned me that it supposedly runs awfully even on the higher end of the spectrum.
Can anyone attest to it's performance issues? And is it just the PC version?

Is it just another Square Enix catastrophe like Rise of the Tomb Raider which felt like it was going to melt my PC and slow cook me in my room as I was playing it? (Come to think of it, still haven't picked that game back up).

It ran relativelly well on my mid-end PC (R9 380, i5) on medium-high settings and most fancy graphics settings turned on. So far from what I have gathered, there's a few graphics settings that on ultra, absolutely kill the framerate.

The paradox of entitled PC gamers: if the game looks too good, then "it runs like shit". If the game runs fast, "downgrade! downgrade!".

Of course most of the time, games are so rushed that they run AND look like shit.

For critics of No Man's Sky. This you might like more. No Mario's Sky! ;D

https://asmb.itch.io/no-marios-sky

Grab it before Nintendo nukes the game (Linux version is available).

Top Bottom