The Hunt starts … NOW!

+
Corylea said:
There's a trailer up that announces the advent of the Witcher console game; check the News section of this forum for details.
sorry the News is removed.. i hope for understanding.. please post not the link from Video thank you :)

If the rumor is true, that the new projects are for the consoles, I hope, they have a surprising project for the PC-User, too. But this is possible, because two of the CDPR-TEAM (one was Eriash, the other I don't know anymore) said, they have severeral new projects.So my only conclusion is: Wait till CDPR-TEAM confirms one or more of these new projects.

Console witcher? pffff...that's some major BS. GG CDProjekt, you just alienated a lot of your fans, including me.I have a 360 myself, but you can bet I won't be buying consolized version of the Witcher (or any CDPR game from now on).Now if the new version would come to PC it'd be another matter and if they won't tone down the maturity of the game.

MasterOfTheDarkness said:
The German Community Manager from Atari have a Letter on the German sites written please remove the link! :whistle:
The teaser and the news are at various sites now, I don't think the letter will help.Definately it wasn't official gametrailers teaser, but a user movie ???

You are making a kiddy-tard dumbed down version of the witcher?Logging out now, never coming back, never buying any future Witcher products. Consoles are trash, PC forever. Goodbye

Why are you warried about the future? PC is mainstream port in Poland, so you dont have to fear about witcher 2 as consoles exclusive. I believe that eventually TW2 wont be even targeted as a console product for CDPR.The other hand i'm angry too...now "next gen kids" will get something we wont.

Stating the obvious, here, but... consoles need only three profiles. From a developer's point of view, it's easier to port to console than it is to try to include every possible variation that a PC can contain. Now, we already have two versions exclusively made for PC. We've been taken care of and I think, despite the headaches involved, CDPR prefers developing for PC, but that doesn't mean they have to exclude consoles. There's room for all of us. We just have to be a little more tolerant. There will always be people like CDPR that prefer to take the challenge and run with it, just like there will always be people like us who want to see if what they develop will stretch our boundaries and what our machines are capable of. I don't see how we lose out if they decide to port to console after already developing for PC.

Yaggaz said:
You are making a kiddy-tard dumbed down version of the witcher?Logging out now, never coming back, never buying any future Witcher products. Consoles are trash, PC forever. Goodbye
Are you familiar with the English expression "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater"?

I guess it's official now since gram.pl - gaming site owned by CD Projekt released a news about it: http://www.gram.pl/news_8g7lG,q1_Wiedzmin_na_konsole_Chociaz_tak_wlasciwie_to_zdziwienia_nie_ma.html (polish)

I heard new patch - 1.5 - is coming for the PC version of the Witcher, and (as I understood it ;)) majority of the new stuff in the console version is related to the controls of the game and changes of the engine (needed for technical and other reasons, I suppose) - there isn't much of the stuff we will miss. Be realistic and think about it - there are hundreds of thousand of people waiting, willing to buy and play the console version. On the other hand - it would be a waste of money to change the engine and controls in the PC version if they already work fine, no? :hmmm:

So, since this version is coming to the consoles -- does this mean the PC version will support the X360 Controller?Wait -- or does it already? :p

You do realize that what makes Witcher great is the grown-up story, right? And the only reason that it was possible was because CDProjekt didn't worry about how many console kids bought their games? And becuase they built a fanbase of old-school PC RPGrs?Now they are cross-platform money-mongers just like every other developer, which means they are worried about how much Johnny XboX will enjoy what they produce, and if the ESRB rating is low enough to generate sales. You can bet that everything they make from now on will show it; and that since they've got a shiny new console engine, PC will now be the port-- not the other way around..And this miniature viral marketing campaign was hyping a console release? Now that's some epic fail. They should have just had the hunt lead to a page with a giant hand sticking up its middle finger captioned with: AHAAHA PC FANBASE F*(& YOU!Aaaand, I'm out like the other guy.

rhalle said:
You do realize that what makes Witcher great is the grown-up story, right? And the only reason that it was possible was because CDProjekt didn't worry about how many console kids bought their games? And becuase they built a fanbase of old-school PC RPGrs?
Witcher's grown-up story was great -- and I hope they stick to that formula.I have no problem w/ them bringing Witcher to the consoles. What I want now is Witcher 2 for the PC -- I'm waiting for that announcement.C'mon, CDPR...
Now they are cross-platform money-mongers just like every other developer, which means they are worried about how much Johnny XboX will enjoy what they produce, and if the ESRB rating is low enough to generate sales.
Well, Fallout 3 was M-rated and sold VERY WELL -- across the three plaforms (PC, PS3, and X360).Everybody knows how well GTA4 and many other M-rated games have sold, as well.
You can bet that everything they make from now on will show it; and that since they've got a shiny new console engine, PC will now be the port-- not the other way around..
Maybe they won't.Maybe they will continue to do what they've been doing -- PC version first, console later.Or maybe they'll develop both a PC and console version of the game all at the same time -- and release them at the same time (a la Fallout 3 from BethSoft).No clue what they got up their sleeves...
And this miniature viral marketing campaign was hyping a console release? Now that's some epic fail. They should have just had the hunt lead to a page with a giant hand sticking up its middle finger captioned with: AHAAHA PC FANBASE F*(& YOU!Aaaand, I'm out like the other guy.
Witcher PC expansion or Witcher 2 PC would've been the announcement I was waiting on.Witcher/Witcher: EE PC was great stuff. I ain't writing CDPR off until they actually somehow wreck a PC version of its game, in which it's nowhere as good as its console counterpart.

I have no problem with The Witcher being ported over to consoles and letting more people enjoy this fantastic game and earn CD Projekt more money.I do have a massive problem with after buying both the original and Enhanced version of The Witcher that CD Projekt would suddenly announce that they are making an improved version of The Witcher FOR CONSOLES ONLY, and announcing that to your fanbase at the moment which consists of PC gamers!? Even if it does get ported back again which I don't see them doing, I'm not buying the game for a third time ffs. I know I didn't have to buy the Enhanced Edition but I did it to support you guys... this isn't really where I was hoping my money to go.You better be making The Witcher 2 at the same time with this new engine. You can't keep re-releasing the same game forever.Edit: MysterD"I ain't writing CDPR off until they actually somehow wreck a PC version of its game, in which it's nowhere as good as its console counterpart."Well yeah, that's what they're doing now apparently.

From http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57896:"The Witcher is an action RPG incorporating a simple-yet-interesting game system, along with a complex plot and attractive 3D graphics. Already on the PC for over a year, with an enhanced edition released a few months ago, the console version will features a new engine/combat system, new animations/models/vegetation, dynamic lighting/shadows, achievements/trophies, sixaxxis support, new and more aggressive enemy behavior, full character control with optimized console controls."I don't know where they got that info because it doesn't show up anywhere else, but does anyone know if it's true?

rhalle said:
You do realize that what makes Witcher great is the grown-up story, right? And the only reason that it was possible was because CDProjekt didn't worry about how many console kids bought their games? And becuase they built a fanbase of old-school PC RPGrs?
This is completely true. But they're smart people over there at CDPR -- smart enough to make The Witcher a big success when everyone thought the deck was stacked against them -- and I'm betting that they're smart enough to keep this in mind.
Now they are cross-platform money-mongers just like every other developer, which means they are worried about how much Johnny XboX will enjoy what they produce, and if the ESRB rating is low enough to generate sales. You can bet that everything they make from now on will show it; and that since they've got a shiny new console engine, PC will now be the port-- not the other way around..
Wow, that's some cynicism you've got there. Don't forget that CDPR got where they are by proving the cynics wrong. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but shouldn't we at least give them a chance before we write them off? This company has only made the best RPG ever ... maybe we could show a little faith, cut them some slack? There'll be plenty of time to get pissed off if they go down the path you fear they're headed down, but if your fears are unfounded, won't we all feel bad if we've attacked them unjustly?

Top Bottom