The loot system is garbage

+
i found a problem in vendors for example you want to see how a shirt or a jacket look on your char but their is no option to preview it... so i have to buy it and then see how it looks on my characters but then i cant sell it back... the option the see it is only from your inventory menu not from vendors

hope they will fix it and give us that option
other then that UI is fine i think

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed there wasn’t a preview option for clothes. Having to buy something just to try it on is annoying.

Crafting seems pointless. The mats to craft anything are ridiculously out of reach, so much so that you might as well ignore it. You need epic crafting materials to craft a rare item (so you have to dismantle epic items to craft blue ones... WHAT TF?!) And the enemies are so easy to kill, even with just white weapons that it makes crafting or even looking for anything any better pointless. I have the game on Hard difficulty and I'm blowing through enemies like they're nothing. I can dice up cyberpsycho's with my sword and they can't even fight back because they remain stunned the entire time.

Plus, there are functions that have been standard in games for 20+ years that are missing from this one. Like, "Dismantle All Junk" or "Select Multiple Items" for dismantling instead of having to dismantle one at a time in this slow, clunky ass system that hurts my eyes to look at. Or a "Favorite" option for items you don't want to accidentally dismantle, like I did with my Iconic pistol. Still pissed about that, because there's apparently no way to get it back.

This game is broken on so many core, fundamental levels that I almost don't want to play it anymore. What the hell were they thinking?

Last edited:
Witcher 3 was like that too, half of my play time is dealing with inventory, but at least it was good source for monry in Witcher bıt in Cyberpunk I can't say about that yet

Witcher 3 was like that too, half of my play time is dealing with inventory, but at least it was good source for monry in Witcher bıt in Cyberpunk I can't say about that yet

It is. I'm making a crap ton of money just selling junk. I dismantle all weapons and gear I'm not using and only sell the junk. I've played for 20 hours (all of that time in the starting area) and I've already made $80,000 just doing side missions and random interactions. The game is fun, but so many core systems are either pointless and/or fundamentally broken. The issue is I already have several legendary augmentations on my character and I haven't even really started the game yet, so what the hell do I spend my money on after that? It feels kind of pointless to buy a nice car, or any nice weapons because you just don't feel like you need them. You can kill almost any enemy on the hardest difficulty with the weapons that drop in the world. I've been killing almost everyone, even bosses and cyberpsycho's with the blue sword I started the game with and it's way overpowered. Broken.

Well, I like how it is, because I expected NPCs to drop every little thing they have on them. Junk lying around the city can be ignored like in real life. Just out of honest curiosity. How did you expect the loot system to look like?
My gripe is solely with weapons.
Example i use handguns, let's say i'm level 20, i kill enemies, ride like 500m another 3 enemies, kill them oh look same gun more dps time to go to inventory, select gun strip mods select better gun equip mods dismantle old gun, and this, minimum 3 times PER LEVEL.
This is a trait of badly made looter shooters, badly made ones i'll say this again.

Guest 4461026

Personally i like the amount of loot because it feels realistic, if you guys recall Fallout 4 works the same way, if somebody is shooting at you you can get their weapon after you kill them. Only the carrying capacity is waaay too high and it doesnt go well with the realism. You shouldnt be able to carry 30 assault rifles, thats the real issue IMO. It makes the carrying capacity upgrades completely pointless and entices the player to pick everything up. With a third of the weight limit you would be forced to make decisions about what you want to take and leave.

The loot system is fine.

You can auto dismantle all the junk.
Yes if i kill someone i can loot his gun, yes if i kill someone i can loot his clothes and since most people are trash in this city they carry poor clothes and guns.

The loot system is fine, it's an RPG not a looter shooter.

Not a fan of the inventory system too. I dont know why CDPR are so averse to a normal inventory system. Why is everything always in its own "silo"

Of all my complaints towards the game, the loot system is imo just fine.

I think that if a character HAS a gun, they should drop a gun. Whatever weapons they have on their person, should be dropped upon their defeat.

Example i use handguns, let's say i'm level 20, i kill enemies, ride like 500m another 3 enemies, kill them oh look same gun more dps time to go to inventory, select gun strip mods select better gun equip mods dismantle old gun, and this, minimum 3 times PER LEVEL.
I see how this can be annoying if you feel the urge to have the highest DPS at all times. I myself really don't care if the differences are too small, since in combat when unloading a gun into enemy's face there is no real difference in difficulty either. But some shortcuts would be cool for sure. Something like:

Dismantle all (of type, below damage, etc.)
A question popup if player wants to transfer mods from previous to next weapon if possible

I also really hope the game has some big money sinks other than items from dealers. If you can earn money easily and fast it has to go somewhere. :shrug:

I don't mind it personally. But IMO there needs to be a toggle that makes your character automatically disassemble items based on rarity. So for example, if you pick up common items - they get automatically disassembled. Carrying capacity isn't a problem for me. I disassemble 90% of all loot myself. But IMO there needs to be a disassemble toggle that the player can choose the parameters of.

total garbage like in a lot of games and "rpg" standard... wow... the division... ac... diablo... the witcher 3... wasteland... basically a diogenes syndrome gameplay. If somebody implements it in a realistic mode weigh... and this stupid ad embarrasing things.

Sounds like they could just have a 'dismantle all' option in the menu to solve this. The latest AC games did something similar and it works fine.
There is a perk that does that. But then there is the problem of some junk items that are worth 750$ or more. You really don't want to dismantle. them.
Quite messy...

It's an RPG, "too much loot" is the lifeblood of such a game.
Sifting through your inventory to find that one better weapon and dismantling en masse is one part of what makes RPGs RPGs.
Don't tell me you didn't loot every single plate or cup in Skyrim, even though it was "pointless" (can't have enough gold).

I think CDPR's communication wasn't solid on what the game actually is. But if we take the crafting and looting mechanic into account, it's definitely more RPG than any other genre.

There is a perk that does that. But then there is the problem of some junk items that are worth 750$ or more. You really don't want to dismantle. them.
Quite messy...

At lvl12 with my other character, I skipped that one due to the exact reason you stated. However after such a long gametime, I only found like 5-6 of these in total IIRC. So in my personal opinion - losing 3-5K eddies over the immense QOL of having junk be autodismantled is completely worth it. If I could go back in time I'd have spent a point there. In the big picture, those junk items contribute not even 1% of your total money income.

It's an RPG, "too much loot" is the lifeblood of such a game.
Sifting through your inventory to find that one better weapon and dismantling en masse is one part of what makes RPGs RPGs.
Don't tell me you didn't loot every single plate or cup in Skyrim, even though it was "pointless" (can't have enough gold).

I think CDPR's communication wasn't solid on what the game actually is. But if we take the crafting and looting mechanic into account, it's definitely more RPG than any other genre.
i can agree with you... you can pick it if you want or not... but is like not purpouse for it pick everything and thats all... maybe a perk to found good things.... or if you pick food or drink in the street it could be poison or with something.... what is the purpouse of all this garbage... shell it?...

Top Bottom