The Perfect Yennefer

+
CDPR has not let me down in character design yet, and I don't think they're going to get lazy when it'll come to one of the main characters for the story finale.

That said, I don't think the designers should be constrained by character descriptions from the books- they are within their right to exercise their own creativity in imagining book characters, and there's nothing wrong with it if they do that.

Personally, I wish Yennefer would be as close to her book descriptions as possible because I think her book descriptions are wonderful; can we get some scratch and sniff cards with TW3 :p/>

Yeah, CDPR artists have the wrath of Poland and every Witcher fan out there if they fuck up her design. No pressure. :)

Kallelinski said:
Well, even though i can't remember that she has ever said it directly, it was always crystal clear to me that she wanted children.

The Last Wish
'She came looking for a cure,' he remarked coldly. 'That's what you quarrelled about, admit it.'
'I won't admit anything.'

[...]

'You misunderstand. I'm not thinking of appeasing or bribing her. But I do owe her something,
and the treatment she wants to undergo is apparently very costly.
I want to help her, that's all.'
'You're more of an idiot than I thought.' Nenneke picked up the basket from the ground.
'A costly treatment? Help? Geralt, these jewels of yours are, to her, knick-knacks not worth spitting on.
Do you know how much Yennefer can earn for getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy for a great lady?'
'I do happen to know. And that she earns even more for curing infertility. It's a shame she can't help herself in that respect.
That's why she's seeking help from others - like you.'
'No one can help her, it's impossible. She's a sorceress. Like most female magicians,
her ovaries are atrophied and it's irreversible. She'll never be able to have children.'
'Not all sorceresses are handicapped in this respect. I know something about that, and you do, too.'

[...]

And if I tell you that Yennefer has paid for certain gifts by losing others, then that's how it is.'
'If it's so clear then I don't understand why she keeps on trying to—'
'You understand very little,' interrupted the priestess.

The Sword of Destiny
Seeing Yennefer's pale and tense face, Geralt instantly felt sorry for the magician.
He grasped situation perfectly: Yennefer was sterile, as were most sorceresses, but unlike the others,
she suffered as a result and became wild with rage when reminded of it
Dorregaray undoubtedly knew this weakness. He was, however, unaware that Yennefer had a cold-blooded thirst for vengeance.

[...]

"There's somebody who can help me. Apparently it... you know what I'm talking about...
Apparently it's reversible. There is a chance. I can still have... Do you understand?"

[...]

"Excuse my boldness and my frankness, Yennefer. It's written on your faces, I don't even need to read your thoughts.
You were made for each other, you and the witcher. But nothing will come of it. Nothing. I'm sorry."
"I know." Yennefer turned a little pale.

In the end she (probably) accepted her fate that she can't have children and yet she has a stepdaughter.

The Tower of the Swallow
‘I know, and I do not count on it. I'm not going to Novigrad, Earl, because I rush to the aid of a person who urgently needs me.
A person whom I have sworn to never leave alone and unaided. And you, Crach an Craite, Earl of Skellige, will help with my endeavour.
After all, you've made a similar vow. Ten years ago. To the same person. Ciri, the granddaughter of Calanthe. The lion cub of Cintra.
I, Yennefer of Vengerberg, care for Ciri as my daughter.

That is why I am asking, on her behalf, that you keep your oath. The oath of Crach an Craite, Earl of Skellige.’

That's what I meant. She never said: "I want children", while you clearly get to know it, she never spoke it. Anyway, I am curious how CDPR will portray her.

Kallelinski said:
can we get some scratch and sniff cards with TW3 :p

That's a brilliant idea!

mothra said:
Ava Gardner, hell yes, now THAT is a WOMAN :D/>
If she would fit for Yennefer ?

Yennefer of Vengerberg, North Carolina?

Ava Gardner had a wonderful accent, one of the most distinctive voices ever. I am not sure even a good voice actor voicing a character modeled on her could help raising dissonance.

mothra said:
did u know that justAnor's yen is based on this actress? http://wallpaperskd.com/wallpaper/rachel-weisz/ fine by me:) i love her in "Mummy" but she is a little bit too sweat, Anor gave her that Yen's spice and evilness

Rachel Weisz (Oz the Great and Powerful and many others) is about as perfect a Yennefer as there could be.

One more picture. She is not perfect Yennefer IMO - she is very hot, but I don't think I will find proper actress in this world :) (just our talented Tanya is close)

..but maybe someone else would like her in this role..

...who knows..? ;)
one episode of popular TV show
name of her character is Isabelle
she cursed brother of her lover
you already have to know ;)

Personally, I've fallen in love with how this Yen looks.

Some classy stuff, right there!

Though the Yen pic by Justanor is probably my new favourite. It's pretty beast.

Tasir said:
This girl is indeed beautiful, but I agree with Kallelinski; she is too soft, has an innocent face and doesn’t have these characteristics (strong-willed, stubborn, cold and calculating, wild, fiery, etc.). Also, I think she looks too young (18-21 yo), whereas Yennefer (in my opinion) should look like 24-27 years old.

To me, she is the perfect Yennefer:

by JustAnoR http://justanor.deviantart.com/art/Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-316062944

But that’s just my opinion. :)/>
This fits my imagination pretty much perfectly.

SeltkirkofGulet said:
i thought Yennefer modified her beauty with magic, disregard her age.

Every sorcerer does that. Pretty much every sorcerer you saw in the games/books is old enough to be
your (great) grandma or (great) grandpa.

Yennefer should be 99 in Witcher 3, Philippa should be around 100-130, Sheala as well, Triss has to be around 50 and so on.

i like it very much, she made her cloths in CDPR art style, awesome stuff as always she catch her personality

SeltkirkofGulet said:
i thought Yennefer modified her beauty with magic, disregard her age.

Just had the thought, that they probably can change their face completely, but they wouldn't do it, because they are too proud of their appearance to change it too much from the original, also they can't make it perfect. Someone like a witcher can see clearly minor errors in their faces, so their magic is not perfect.

Also would you change your face completely to another one? You would look into a mirror and couldn't recognize yourself anymore, that would be weird, really weird.

Afaik Lydia is the only one who uses an illusion to cover her face, but she was cursed and defaced.

Imagine that the cosmetic magic is like plastic surgery.

Top Bottom